• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
So the game runs when i select the anti cheat disabled mode, but when i try to play the normal version it just comes up saying:

Couldnt start game Launch Error 10022.

MCC0WIN64-SHIPPING-WINSTORE.EXE Application Error.

Also It says Unexpected error (0xc0030004)

It was working fine this morning

Oct 27, 2017
Wow something is definitely busted in my setup.
xaxG6FE.png

This is with the ingame 60fps cap + VSync enabled. Every time I move the mouse the framerate just dies, even in menus.
I'm running a 144Hz monitor w/ GSync, is anyone else having this bad a reaction?

GTX2080ti and a 6700k running at 4k.
[EDIT] Gamepass MS Store version

Oct 29, 2017
Everything seems fine for me in terms of performance but the issues with the game audio are definitely real and headache-inducing. I really hope this gets fixed.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow something is definitely busted in my setup.
xaxG6FE.png

This is with the ingame 60fps cap + VSync enabled. Every time I move the mouse the framerate just dies, even in menus.
I'm running a 144Hz monitor w/ GSync, is anyone else having this bad a reaction?

GTX2080ti and a 6700k running at 4k.
[EDIT] Gamepass MS Store version

Figured it out.
I have a program called Bins that I use to combine windows taskbar shortcuts. On one of my exits of the game I saw a little error window of the Anti-Cheat detecting, and not liking it. Must be something about how it hooks into windows that doesn't play nicely?
Turning it off got me a beautiful flat 16.6ms line.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Are there really no graphics settings?

there are some things in GameUserSettings.ini but it's your bog standard UE4 cvars, I haven't tried playing around with them

Code:
[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
sg.ShadowQuality=3
sg.PostProcessQuality=3
sg.TextureQuality=3
sg.EffectsQuality=3
sg.FoliageQuality=3

mrprime

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The audio is terrible - the mix is completely inconsistent in terms of audio volume, rustling grass in the distance is louder than my gunfire - really hope there's a fix for this in the pipe as it otherwise runs beautifully for me.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
Can't get DSR to work through GeForce Experience. Anyone had success downsampling through custom resolution?
DSR works fine here (Steam version).

btw everyone I have a 1660 and my GPU usage is about 60% at 4K with 60fps locked, with added sharpening and forced aniso 16x (the games aniso seems somewhat weak). I mean your choice but like, if you've got a 1070 or better might as well use DSR and downsample from 5k if you have a 60hz display. :)

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
By the way I'm playing the Game Pass version. Initially MCC showed up in GeForce Experience but now it's gone. When it first showed up I couldn't select any resolution above 1080p (my TV's native).

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
The audio is terrible - the mix is completely inconsistent in terms of audio volume, rustling grass in the distance is louder than my gunfire - really hope there's a fix for this in the pipe as it otherwise runs beautifully for me.
I have also notices the mixing being pretty poor. The guns don't have much punch. It's very flat sounding.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
there are some things in GameUserSettings.ini but it's your bog standard UE4 cvars, I haven't tried playing around with them

Code:
[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
sg.ShadowQuality=3
sg.PostProcessQuality=3
sg.TextureQuality=3
sg.EffectsQuality=3
sg.FoliageQuality=3
The main menus are done in UE4, so they wouldn't affect anything ingame.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
Are there really no graphics settings?
There's an 'enhanced' mode which basically just pushes out LOD's from the original version, but no. Other than forcing aniso though, there's really not much point - the game is extremely un-demanding and there are no obvious effects like chromatic aberration or motion blur that you might want to turn off. I mean a 1060 can easily play this game at 4k/60, sometimes graphics options are just superfluous.

Oct 27, 2017
No HDR on PC is a little strange, have they mentioned if they're adding it in at a later date?

Are you overclocking?

Yes but it wasn't the OC (it wasn't even boosting, GPU frequency was only like 1300).
It was a program I had running that messes with my taskbar icons that the Anti-cheat didn't like. As soon as I turned it off it cleared up. It must be something with how it hooks into the windows process that makes it throw a fit.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
So does anyone have any tips for how to even run this thing? Game Pass version on PC? I boot up my computer and it loads to the menu, I get into the main menu and try to go to the settings and it just freezes. I had to force close again... tried launching again and yet again it's just freezing at the initial spinning loading screen. Is there some kind of conflict possibly? Anything I should be looking out for?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So does anyone have any tips for how to even run this thing? Game Pass version on PC? I boot up my computer and it loads to the menu, I get into the main menu and try to go to the settings and it just freezes. I had to force close again... tried launching again and yet again it's just freezing at the initial spinning loading screen. Is there some kind of conflict possibly? Anything I should be looking out for?
Idk. I had issues with the menus too. I found that spending more than like 15-20 seconds in menus would lead to a crash soon after. Game has lots of issues. Spend as little time changing settings as possible.

Launch the game from the start menu or Xbox companion app.

Jun 1, 2018
Upland

Hm so last night, it did freeze on the menu I alt+tabbed like 4 times and suddenly it was good.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

Resolved Issues + Pending Hotfix
Server Relays Blocking Matchmaking: We received reports yesterday that players were having troubles finding matches with relays enabled. After further investigation, an issue was discovered, and as of this morning we believe this is now resolved. We will continue to monitor relay performance and matchmaking.

Microsoft Store and Game Pass App Missing Launch Options: The Game Pass team has been working to resolve an issue reported by some users who are unable to launch Reach within the Game Pass App. A hotfix is expected soon, and we'll provide more info once we have it. In the meantime, if you are having an issue launching this, please follow the instructions outlined in this article for troubleshooting it.

Top Community Reported Issues
Audio Issues: Players have reported various issues regarding game audio not sounding as expected (muffled, inconsistent volume, low quality, etc.). This is a known issue present at launch and the team is working to resolve this. Unfortunately, it is not a quick fix and is one that will require quite a bit of work and time to resolve. The team is already working on it and will share an update when more progress and details are available.

Stuttering Issue: We are aware of reports where players are experiencing stuttering in game. We are investigating on our end and initially have found that some third-party software such as Corsair iCue, Logitech G-Hub, and Razer Synapse, may be a causing factor for in-game stuttering. We recommend disabling these programs to alleviate the issue.

If you are using the experimental Variable Frame Rate option, this could potentially be the cause. If you are experiencing stuttering while running this option, please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.

Menu Performance: We are aware of reports where players are experiencing performance drops in the menus outside of gameplay. We are investigating on our end but need more data points of this issue. If you are experiencing this problem, please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.

Screen-tearing / V-sync issues: The team is aware of issues around screen tearing and V-Sync not performing as expected for some users. As a reminder, if V-Sync is off, screen tearing will happen. In order to isolate this issue we would like users who are experiencing issues to please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.

Co-Op Latency: Co-op campaign play uses P2P networking and we're aware that some players are reporting high latency and a poor experience when playing Campaign together. This is an area the team will continue to monitor but given the complexities of P2P networking and the underlying net code of Reach, the extent to which this issue can be addressed is still TBD.

EAC Error Messages in Game: Some users have been reporting various EAC error messages appearing while playing. This includes a "UE4 Critical Error," "You've been banned" and others around map files. If you are experiencing any of these, please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.

We are currently investigating the UE4 critical errors and believe we have resolved the ban message appearing. If you are receiving the UE4 Critical Error, please make sure you are on the latest version of Windows. Error messages appearing for map files require you to resolve them as the local files have changed around these. In order to resolve these, we recommend you use the "Verify Files" options on Steam and to re-install the game on the Microsoft Store.

Key bindings: We're aware that many players would like to be able to bind actions to more than one key. This is on the team's to-do list and something they hope to get to in a post-launch update.

Mouse Input: We have been hearing from some users that mouse input feels delayed. In order to isolate this issue we would like users who are experiencing issues to please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.

Idle Stops Matchmaking Search: This feature is by-design and is done to prevent AKF/idle players from entering matchmaking. We will continue to monitor feedback around this but have no changes planned to this feature at this time.

View Model: We're aware that when altering the default FOV the view model is larger and not scaling as players would like. We are aware of the community's feedback regarding this and it has a longer lead time for the team to assess.

Can't Crouch While Moving: The way crouching and moving works in Reach is currently true to the way it worked in the original game on Xbox 360. However, we understand this doesn't necessarily meet player expectations on PC. We are currently testing and prototyping potential alternative solutions to address the community's feedback around the inability to crouch while moving using mouse & keyboard.

Additional Known Issues
Player's character model appears to desync briefly when moving after an assassination.
When using the narration feature, all menu options are not read for all screens.
When playing Co-op or multiplayer, players will appear to play a falling animation when entering an elevator.
Prior to installing Halo: Reach, users who participated in flights will want to delete all files at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\MCC.
Players friended only over Steam do not appear in the Roster (must be Xbox Live friends). You can join upon your friends through Steam's friends list.
To send an Xbox Live friend request you will need to use the Game Bar, Xbox Companion app, or add them at Xbox.com
When launching in Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean the voice language pack may not install (Full KBA).
If a capture card is set to the default audio input device, all PC audio will transmit over voice channel (Full KBA).
Bluetooth headphones will prioritize communication audio after passing the main menu Full KBA).
When moving the game's window while in Fullscreen using the Windows, shift, and arrow keys it can cause the game to appear as a still image.
Cutscenes during Tip of the Spear can see performance drops using AMD graphics cards.
When trying to "Save As" File Share game types and maps that are not Halo: Reach they appear corrupted on relaunch of Halo: Reach. This is because you don't have the content required to play them.
Uninstalling the Steam version of the game with the Microsoft Store version installed will remove the Easy Anti-Cheat client and make the Microsoft Store game be unplayable. To resolve this please uninstall and re-install the Microsoft Store version.
Won't Fix and By Design Known Issues
With the Duke control scheme Switch grenade is mapped to LB and Flashlight is mapped to RB
When attempting to join friends using Steam's friends list or overlay your party will not be brought with you. To alleviate, join friends through your Xbox Live Roster in game.
Players who have picked up the active camo powerup are easier to see when moving on non-title update (vanilla) settings than title update (TU) settings
When entering full screen for the first time if previously snapped to half of a screen on 4k monitors, the game will not display properly when entering full screen. Simply Alt + Enter to resolve this.
There is no way to rebind the pause function

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Audio Issues: Players have reported various issues regarding game audio not sounding as expected (muffled, inconsistent volume, low quality, etc.). This is a known issue present at launch and the team is working to resolve this. Unfortunately, it is not a quick fix and is one that will require quite a bit of work and time to resolve. The team is already working on it and will share an update when more progress and details are available.

Yea, I'm out. See you guys next year I guess. 343i the same as they always were. Good efforts, but able to fuck up the most basic of things.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Yea, I'm out. See you guys next year I guess. 343i the same as they always were. Good efforts, but able to fuck up the most basic of things.

I don't understand how the sound quality got past QA. I'm out too until it gets fixed - it's way too distracting.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Yikes, not a quick fix? Incredible that it made it to a release state given how bloody terrible it sounds. Hollow, muted, tinny, cracking as well.
Embarrassing, especially given the legacy of this collection.

I really should have held off on purchase.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I can't tell how terrible the audio is because upon launching it it disables my audio drivers. What a sad and rushed game, I thought Microsft/ Xbox Game Studios would have learned better after the disaster that was MCC on Xbox One.

Last edited:

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a clusterfuck.
Glad I didn't buy it on Steam and used the Gamepass version.

See you guys next year

Oct 27, 2017
So the game launches and I get the splash screen and the intros... and it keeps sending me to the windows store to install it again. I downloaded all 21 gb, then I installed reach, but then it keeps asking me to install it every time I launch...

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
There's no discount for owning Reach. I only bought Reach on Steam, and when I go to buy the full collection, it wants to charge the full price, even on the final step in checkout.

Yeah, I assume that's because Reach is currently the only game available, so the entire collection is there for those who want to pre-order the whole thing while those who may have purchased or played the X1 version in the past have the option of buying Reach individually. I imagine Microsoft will switch to a Complete the Set bundle once the selection has widened, although this really should be the case already so that the situation of someone who purchased Reach on its own but now wants to pre-order the rest of the games is properly accounted for.

Last edited:

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using gamepass version and it appears there is a vsync triple buffering going on that I can't turn off. how you get 144+ with this version?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting this from the Reach OT:

If anyone else still has the issue with the game not launching out of the Xbox (beta) app when you press "play", I did the following and it now it automagically works. I'm gonna say that several of these steps are redundant but since I can't replicate it anymore, I don't know which of these did the trick.

- Go to Add or Remove programs in Windows settings.
- Find MCC and select Advanced Options
- Scroll down and uninstall Reach DLC (only 10 megs lol)
- Open up Microsoft Store app, go to downloads and updates (top right)
- It pushed an update to the Xbox (beta) app so maybe that was relevant (no idea why this wasn't automatically done but ok)
- Look up the MCC store page and press install. It will recognize you've got everything but that 10 mb Reach package.
- Open up Xbox (beta) app again, press play on MCC, get UAC prompt, and MCC now finally runs out of the Xbox (beta) app.

Hope this seemingly random set of actions will also fix it for someone else.
I think it was uninstalling and reinstalling the Reach package that did it, if you want to simplify the process.

Edit: hearing from Klobrille that the latest update to the Xbox app fixed it for them.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I must just have really good headphones because I'm finding this audio issue problem to be a tad overstated. Yes it's muffled but it's certainly not game breaking, at least for me.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I must just have really good headphones because I'm finding this audio issue problem to be a tad overstated. Yes it's muffled but it's certainly not game breaking, at least for me.

I imagine it would be the opposite, you'd have to have pretty cheap headphones for the audio in this game to not stand out as terrible.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone played this game with a surround sound system instead of just headphones? Is it still just as bad?

I'm not back from vacation for a week so I cant test it.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass version.
Holy hell, I know this was made with gamepad in mind but this feels and plays ancient! I could only last for a couple of minutes.
I also noted the poor audio quality (headphones). As for launching had to launch a different exe in the start menu as pression play in the xbox beta app didn't do a damn thing.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I may have missed it but can someone point me in the direction of instructions for downsampling the game pass version of the game? I'm on a 1080p screen but want extra crispness.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I may have missed it but can someone point me in the direction of instructions for downsampling the game pass version of the game? I'm on a 1080p screen but want extra crispness.

For an Nvidia card? The usual process did the trick for me. Open Nvidia control panel, manage 3D settings, global settings, pick DSR factors.
But I think I read it wasn't working well for some people.

Last edited:

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
Gamepass version.
Holy hell, I know this was made with gamepad in mind but this feels and plays ancient! I could only last for a couple of minutes.
I also noted the poor audio quality (headphones). As for launching had to launch a different exe in the start menu as pression play in the xbox beta app didn't do a damn thing.

Same. The gameplay does not translate very well to Mouse Keyboard in my opnion, unlike Destiny.

Also noticed the strange audio mix and the stutter, and the v-sync option does not work for me.

Uninstalled, will wait for Halo 4.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it is really obvious to hear the problem with the guns I think. Environmental audio? A bit less obvious.

Guns and voices
I had some marines talking right next to me that were almost silent. Guns being fired sound like they are being fired way above the source they should have.

But the Spartans were all perfect sounding and with correct positional cues.

Weirdness all around

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah the audio isn't great but during Campaign playing with 3 others we're talking while playing the whole time anyway, so it isn't noticable at all really. The cutscenes don't seem to be effected, they sound pretty good to me and pretty much exactly how I remember them.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Just a shame MS opted to go with EAC. That's by far the worst PoS kinda anti-cheat solution there is.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
Just a shame MS opted to go with EAC. That's by far the worst PoS kinda anti-cheat solution there is.
What a misinformed post. Do you seriously think that they have not done their due diligence? Microsoft had their own anti-cheat teams that worked on FH4, for example. And yet still they decided to go with EAC, as well as a tons of other biggest games out there right now. Sure probably because EAC is the shittiest. Makes a ton of sense.