• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Are you running the steam or the xbox app version?

I remember Forza Horizon 4 having problems with my multi monitor setup where it would always apply Vsync unless I disabled the second monitor.
Xbox App.

Single monitor.

edit: ignore. My Nvidia driver update reset my monitor refresh rate to 60Hz without me knowing. Problem solved. Sorry for any confusion.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I'm setting the game aside until they fix the audio. I didn't realize it was THAT bad. Did anyone notice when you strafe around your squadmates there's this blur effect on them? This is with uncap framerate.
Yep that happens to me too, with uncapped framerate at 144 Hz

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Getting terrible frame pacing (Game Pass version, GTX 1070 @ 1440p), no settings seem to fix it. Audio is seriously bugged as everyone has mentioned.

Definitely going to wait for a patch or two, this isn't really playable at the moment unfortunately.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Barely any graphical settings, issues with 60fps+, atrocious sound mixing and input lag too. After the Xbox MCC fiasco and the massive wait for just for Reach this is a pretty sad release really.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
sounds like it was mixed for 5.1 and not changing for people with less than that
I have 5.1 speakers and game still sounds like ass.
Also why the hell game menus is eating 70-90% of my CPU? I know its made in Unreal Engine 4, but cmon.
Glad that i don't bought MCC on Steam, this game is waste of money for now.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can excuse many issues that come with a legacy port. These things naturally comes with some limitations and pains. It was never going to be a amazing PC game.

But how do you ship when the sound is broken? Shirt sounds like it was filtered through the N64

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like they released it as late as they could under a "before 2020" release date.

Oct 27, 2017
PC Gamepass version. Game isn't working for me.

Fully uninstalled > Reinstalled

First time it launched (From Start Menu) it crashed before the menu.
Second time it launched to menu and started to Sync data and them locked up and I had to force close
Third time it launched to the initial "Hit Enter" screen and then started to load and froze and never proceeded and I had to force close
Tried to uninstall > reinstall again
Fourth time it launched and popped up the Windows Store itself and asked me to install Halo REACH, figured I'd try it... that downloaded something
Fifth time it launched and started the process from the second time all over and now it just goes to the spinning loading bar before the main menu and freezes
One time when I forced the game to close it popped up a security violation error from the anti-cheat but it's not clear if that's the reason it's freezing.

Anyone else experience this? Running fully updated Win10 Pro with version 1911.1001.8.8 of the Xbox App.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To add to the pile of issues:

Anyone experiencing this:

WM0zbWY.png

When I click play from the gamepass menu or from the start menu icon, all I get is that screen. I can move it around but its not doing anything really.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues with the game feeling a bit jittery, even with vsync on/full screen? It's mostly been okay but it's reaaaally noticeable on the Sabre flying mission.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else having issues with the game feeling a bit jittery, even with vsync on/full screen? It's mostly been okay but it's reaaaally noticeable on the Sabre flying mission.
I had issues with it being jittery when playing in borderless but once I switched to full screen I had zero issues.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019

When I click play from the gamepass menu or from the start menu icon, all I get is that screen. I can move it around but its not doing anything really.
You need to update the client. Took a while to find and there are multiple spots in the launcher that says "update", but that's what's missing for you.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You need to update the client. Took a while to find and there are multiple spots in the launcher that says "update", but that's what's missing for you.

Thank you, I had to go into the Windows Store to update it as the gamepass launcher would just say play and not give me the option.

Last edited:

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
I wish graphics settings were a bit more customisable, like antialiasing, anisotropic filter, etc.

And man, I want the resolution slider to be cranked up to 200% so i don't have to use the Nvidia DSR setting to play at 4K.

Other than that, the game plays like a dream. 343, Ruffian and Splash Damage really did a good job.

Edit: I don't know why but I have screen tearing when playing in borderless mode with vsync disabled when I shouldn't have it. Why is that?

Last edited:

Zeneric

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Terrible PC port. My keyboard not responding properly, frame pacing issue, etc.
I'll wait for patches.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
the game does not feel good to play. Despite the stable, good framerate, the movement has input lag. I wonder if its "intentional".... regardless, eh.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
I'm pretty sure I felt it dropping inputs when I played. There's baffling design like the game not allowing you to crouch when moving and the slow wind-down when strafing, it's hard to see through that mess but I think some keyboard presses were just omitted. Felt bad anyway.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I've noticed any input lag. Movement isn't full speed the instant I press a key but I assume that is intentional.

The scope UI taking a few seconds to appear at the start of a level is one weird bug I have encountered.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I hate that whenever I use text chat there's a cooldown and I can't use the controller for a good 4 seconds. Really frustrating.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
i7-8700K
16GB DDR4 3000Mh/z
Nvidia 1080ti

Running the Steam version at 3840x2160 at 60FPS, and it's been smooth sailing. I don't want to bother with the higher frame rate options while they are still experimental, but I imagine there's a lot of headroom, especially if I dial it back down to 1440p.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Had to up the mouse sensitivity to 3.0 but the game runs pretty smooth for me (9900K, 32GB, 2080 8GB running at 1920x1200/60fps - thank you 343 for 16:10 support!).

Super happy they put in the center crosshair and FOV options! That was a nice surprise for launch but there are still a few bugs to work out, namely my resolution not sticking in fullscreen mode and the audio quality among others.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Experimental options are experimental :P

Uncapped is not the way to play right now. Hopefully they can get the frame pacing issues it brings under control.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
120fps in this game feels and looks like its running at 30. Somethings definitely wrong.
If you have a Gsync monitor, turn Vsync on under Nvidia's drivers.
Experimental options are experimental :P

Uncapped is not the way to play right now. Hopefully they can get the frame pacing issues it brings under control.
Why is uncapped the default option, then?
I get what you mean, I just find it baffling.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
120fps in this game feels and looks like its running at 30. Somethings definitely wrong.

I would say that it actually does feel like a high refresh rate game, but doesn't look it. Which is weird. The mouse input is pretty decent right now I think. If the unlocked framerate can be fixed it may end up feeling very good.

Oct 27, 2017

WM0zbWY.png

Have you installed the update? Just to be sure go to the Microsoft/Windows Store and click the "Get updates" button to see if a Halo: TMCC update pops up. If it does, install and try to launch from the Start Menu.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If you have a Gsync monitor, turn Vsync on under Nvidia's drivers.

Why is uncapped the default option, then?
I get what you mean, I just find it baffling.
My game defaulted to 60FPS on Steam.

Did you clear out your files from the flights? It may be using the settings you had for those:

Prior to installing Halo: Reach, users who participated in flights will want to delete all files at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\MCC.

Oct 25, 2017
I never played Halo before. Can I replicate the Xbox 360 experience with this port? 720p controller 30 fps auto aim
That much you can do, but if you want a perfectly faithful recreation, it isn't possible. They've made adjustments like for example switching the primitive approach to TAA to a more modern and accurate one, which ends up slightly affecting the look of the game. The original implementation was very blurry and also lended a bloom effect of sorts to the game, which gives it a slightly different feel. It's mostly for the worse, due to how blurry it was, but it's still different.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Do not use it. It does not work at all like it should.
That much you can do, but if you want a perfectly faithful recreation, it isn't possible. They've made adjustments like for example switching the primitive approach to TAA to a more modern and accurate one, which ends up slightly affecting the look of the game. The original implementation was very blurry and also lended a bloom effect of sorts to the game, which gives it a slightly different feel. It's mostly for the worse, due to how blurry it was, but it's still different.

An application of Reshade in various ways could easily replicate that bloomy look from the first game. Even ghosting if you wanted ;)

The one thing it could really never add would be the full screen motion blur - at least in the current state of the game.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I think the issues are being a little overblown. I'm sure they're already on it.

Anyone outright declaring it a terrible port is a troll.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked so many times so sorry in advanced... but is the MCC all out on PC now or just Reach?

I bought Reach last night, played for like an hour. If I want the entire thing should I refund and re-buy the entire pack?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked so many times so sorry in advanced... but is the MCC all out on PC now or just Reach?

I bought Reach last night, played for like an hour. If I want the entire thing should I refund and re-buy the entire pack?

Only Reach so far, so if you buy the collection you're effectively preordering the rest.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

The full pack is a bundle so it should automatically deduct Reach from the price.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The full pack is a bundle so it should automatically deduct Reach from the price.
If I try to [purchase MCC it says this "

Halo: The Master Chief Collection: According to our records, you already own one or more of the items included in this package on Steam.
If purchasing for yourself, you will notreceive an extra copy of:
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Halo: Reach
I saw a thread on Reddit that said the opposite. No discount if you own Reach.
So, if I refund reach and buy the MCC can I play Reach now?

It looks utterly pointless for me to keep Reach on its own...

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Do not use it. It does not work at all like it should.

An application of Reshade in various ways could easily replicate that bloomy look from the first game. Even ghosting if you wanted ;)

The one thing it could really never add would be the full screen motion blur - at least in the current state of the game.

Oh, right, didn't even cross my mind.

Curious to see how that would look, actually, without the ghosting.