• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
KS8000 has a 60hz panel on all it's resolutions so most you can do is 60. There are some displays that do support 120hz at 1080p though, unfortunately the KS8000 isn't one of those.

It's weird, cause everywhere says it's a 120hz panel (it's advertised as such on the box), but it doesn't seem to accept any 120hz inputs.
Rtings says 1080p/120hz didn't work.
But then there are also many reports of 1080p/120hz working properly on it with certain graphics card configurations.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason it's not prt of the MCC yet ? I assume it'll go into it when infinite comes out but it should be in it already really.
The resources are only focusing on MCC right now and it's PC port that's helping this XSX/XSS upgrade. Halo 5 is it's own thing and would need resources poured into it in order to make it happen.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
343 coming through with the big upgrades in time for launch. Weird that crossplay isn't ready yet but I guess that wouldn't be part of this announcement.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason it's not prt of the MCC yet ? I assume it'll go into it when infinite comes out but it should be in it already really.
it's a massive undertaking. It's a separate game with a separate engine and its own forge tools. they essentially have to merge it into the MCC game, it's not just a launcher

Oct 28, 2017
EkxvoQdWAAYwEMl

Fuck yea!
Hope there's a 4k60 mode with the highest detail settings from pc!

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the update where they are adding crossplay? I want to play through the campaigns with my Xbox friends.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Really glad i upgraded my tv. Been awhile since I've been through halo but I'll definitely test the benefits of all those frames.

Bird Feedr

Sep 18, 2020
This is great, will reinvigorate the community too (though I can usually find games pretty quickly anyway). I usually take halo 4 out of the mix when searching for games because the performance was bad, will be able to leave it in now.

Good that this is free too.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Unless Gears 4 gets optimized for Series X/S, the Series S will play the One S version at 1080p/30fps for campaign and 1080p/60fps for multiplayer.
5 on the Series S is optimised for 1080/60 (campaign) isn't it?

What's stopping 4 from just running at 1080/60 via the 1X enhancements?

I know the 1X has more GPU grunt behind it than the SS but I figured you'd only get 1S enhancements if the 1X version utilised that extra GPU power? It's just like a blanket application then, SS gets enhanced 1S games even if it might be capable of more?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
This gives me extra incentive to do a pre Halo Infinite playthrough, although it would help to know when to expect it.

Either way. The work on MCC has been really good. A couple issues still left, but they said they will tackle those after Halo 4, including adressing most requested features like mod support, PC splitscreen and etc. Gonna be interesting to see what they'll be able to deliver.

Is this the update where they are adding crossplay? I want to play through the campaigns with my Xbox friends.

Possibly. Crossplay is going to be part of the Halo 4 Flight, which could start this week, if we are lucky.

The plan is also to send every single Halo Insider an invite, to get as much as possible data for crossplay.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Possibly. Crossplay is going to be part of the Halo 4 Flight, which could start this week, if we are lucky.

The plan is also to send every single Halo Insider an invite, to get as much as possible data for crossplay.

Fingers crossed. I'd love to run through them all again over the next couple of months on the run up to Infinite.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Nice. Seems like Xbox will have plenty to play at 120 around launch. Looking forward to it on my E9.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds great and might make me jump in sooner than I thought. I guess I'll keep an eye on how it performs in real life.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
RTX when?

*ahem* 343 has really managed to right the ship with MCC. They've done an amazing job with the title and the continued support is just amazing. Going to love seeing how the title evolves going forward.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
5 on the Series S is optimised for 1080/60 (campaign) isn't it?

What's stopping 4 from just running at 1080/60 via the 1X enhancements?

I know the 1X has more GPU grunt behind it than the SS but I figured you'd only get 1S enhancements if the 1X version utilised that extra GPU power? It's just like a blanket application then, SS gets enhanced 1S games even if it might be capable of more?
Gears 5 is optimized for the Series S to run at 1440p/60fps with multiplayer running at 1440p/120fps

Series S doesn't run 1X enhancements on XB1 games. It only runs 1X enhancements on X enhanced BC 360/OG Xbox just scaled down to 1440p on Series S.

Gears 4 would need to be optimized for Series S to gain an enhanced version of it which would likely be1440p/60fps. Until then, it will run the One S version at 1080p/30fps campaign and 1080p/60fps multiplayer

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
RTX when?

*ahem* 343 has really managed to right the ship with MCC. They've done an amazing job with the title and the continued support is just amazing. Going to love seeing how the title evolves going forward.

Fun video. Also, RTX is never happening, the team has a bunch of other stuff to do this next year.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Nice! I've only played the campaign in Halo 1 and just a little of Halo 2 back on the OG XBOX. Definitely grabbing this and playing through on XSX when I grab one next year.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like the simplest and most sensible upgrade, but I'm not going to be able to take advantage of 120 for a while! I do hope we get some RT at some point.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
RTX when?

They have talked about looking into putting in the Halo Online maps into the MCC as well.

Apr 21, 2018
As someone who loved Halo, missed out on Xbox One, just got a 4k TV, has an XSX preordered and can't wait to jump into gamepass...

This has me fucking pumped.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news. I doubt I will replay the campaigns again, but I will probably check out the multiplayer side of things. Was disappointed the last time I tried (before the fixes and whatnot) and seeing the hot mess it was.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hope that they add Halo 5 at some point to the collection or PC, I'm finishing all the games in the series with a friend and he only plays in PC

Timlot

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
MCC is one of the hand full of games I bought at full price this generation. Happy to see it being supported this long.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Gears 5 is optimized for the Series S to run at 1440p/60fps with multiplayer running at 1440p/120fps

Series S doesn't run 1X enhancements on XB1 games. It only runs 1X enhancements on X enhanced BC 360/OG Xbox just scaled down to 1440p on Series S.

Gears 4 would need to be optimized for Series S to gain an enhanced version of it which would likely be1440p/60fps. Until then, it will run the One S version at 1080p/30fps campaign and 1080p/60fps multiplayer
Ah right I thought the other poster I quoted meant it had already been optimised for Series S.

Thanks.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I am very excited for this. Gears 5 for launch day on my XSX and then the Master Chief Collection a week later. And all on GamePass. 120 fps and fov slider. Pinch me.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Only halo 1 and OG2 can hit that. 3 and up hits a little over 120 on equivalent hardware at 1080p so without dlss their is gonna be performance loss.

This is straight up not true. The 1070 even handles Reach well in excess of 60fps (usually 90 - 120fps) at 4K. And the Series X is far more powerful than that.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
This thing launched in what, 2014? I've been waiting to get it till it's in its final form, seems like it was worth the wait. It alone makes the SX the most exciting console launch after sitting out last generation. First game I'll have ever seen at 120fps!

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Basically if you really enjoyed Xbox up until the launch of Xbox One, the Series X launch is a pretty perfect way to get back in to a bunch of franchises that you've missed out on, skipped or just otherwise ignored for a while.

Pretty excited for this and Gears 5.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Beautiful, MS support for upgrading their titles for next gen is amazing. I was wondering how this would run on Series X since H2A had frame rate issues in campaign, even on One X.

a.wd

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Goddam this is awesome, my buddy wants to come over for a (social distanced) gaming session when I get the XSX, I am getting the new 4k120 VRR beast TV then as well, going to maybe introduce some alcohol to the mix. gonna be fuuuuun!

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
YES

I was thinking we wouldn't get this until next year but a week after launch is fine by me.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Only halo 1 and OG2 can hit that. 3 and up hits a little over 120 on equivalent hardware at 1080p so without dlss their is gonna be performance loss.
The issue is optimization of the engines not capabilities of the systems. Optimization is something they have been working on, Halo 3 and ODST run beautifully on the PC.

Oct 27, 2017
Ah right I thought the other poster I quoted meant it had already been optimised for Series S.

Thanks.
While it hasn't been confirmed, Gears 4 seems like a good candidate for the framerate doubling enhancement that Microsoft have talked about. I expect it will run at 60fps in Series S and X but we'll have to keep our fingers crossed until MS provides a list.

As for MCC, cross platform play is the biggest missing feature. Then it's time to restore the og Xbox Halo 1 graphical effects and maybe the project comes close to being done. Just bug fixing and ongoing seasons, unless there's something I'm forgetting

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Holy crap this is awesome!!! I'm currently replaying all the Halo games on MCC with my brother, this will be even more awesome when we both get our Series X playing through these games!