• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Freaking insane. All the Halo games at 4K/120fps. I honestly can't believe it.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how this will affect Halo 3 gameplay, ie., will the BR finally work as intended.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
It's probably also good idea to bring up the fact that Halo MCC is currently 30% off on the Microsoft Store. So folks want to get this ready for launch can buy it now at a discount. The sale ends in 19 hours so I figure I've give a fair heads up.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I actually think the old flow is still unique it today's brand of shooters. I am more concerned with them deviating too far from it with Infinite.
As I hope they do deviate,

I feel bad for the devs, cater to the loyal or go after the people who left for more modern shooters. It's a shitty position to be in because one side always walks away dissappointed

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, i just replayed all these games in 4k 60 fps, guess its time to do it at 120 fps with a crispy ultra wide fov!

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
I have a question about this. Aren't most TV sets still limited to a 60hz refresh rate? If so, what benefit would 120fps offer you? Is there some sort of "supersampling" effect where a higher output still offers a perceived benefit on a lower spec display?

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Been looking forward to going through these games again (haven't played them since 360) when I get a Series S so this is awesome!

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Fuck yes!

Was hoping for Gears 4 to get enhanced so I could do 4, 5 & Tactics but this will keep me busy throughout the holiday.

It's also becoming more and more clear to me now that when my 1080 TV breaks that a TV with 120fps support should be top priority.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
How about a fix for the frame rate drops in Halo Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary on the X1X before moving on...

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Halo was my top game of all time as a teen from halo 1 to 3 but I just cant trust 343 with the mess they sold me.
MCC leaves me with such a bad taste in my mouth...

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Excellent. Love the support.

Still wish they would remake Halo CEA with a better art style and maybe a Halo 3/ODST tuck here and there but otherwise good stuff.

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if the release date is an attempt to steal Sony's thunder for the PS5 releasing in Europe that day. I know one thing for sure: It's about time I played through the Halo series once and for all.

Edit: Whoops, as pointed out PS5 comes out November 19th. 😅

EnVy_CaLiBeR

Oct 25, 2017
Owner of the MCC collection since launch but I typically have always played the multiplayer over single player. Time for that to change. Said I was going to set time aside to go through the campaigns on the Series X.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I hope the Gears games receive a similar updated collection or something, I'll be getting a Series X next year and it'd be nice to venture into these franchsies I've yet to explore.
Same I was going through the franchise for the first time on one x and while 1 is easy because of ultimate edition 2,3, and Judgement (especially judgement) were so ugly lol. 2 and 3 for some reason looked way better then judgement so maybe they had one x enhancements but judgment definitely did not.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume the Xbox One X will not be getting a FOV slider? I was really hoping crossplay would be coming sooner. I ADORE Halo 3 on PC. But most of my friends play on Xbox and it fuckin SUCKS switching down to that FOV

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Perfection. I am so in! This was one of the biggest announcements I wanted to see for launch. Now give us H5 patch and I'm good for another year!

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Halo was my top game of all time as a teen from halo 1 to 3 but I just cant trust 343 with the mess they sold me.
MCC leaves me with such a bad taste in my mouth...

When was the last time you actually loaded up MCC because 343 did extensive work on the game fixing up significant amount of its problems since its initial release.