• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they bring back the Reach daily/weekly challenges. Those were always fun to do. It would be great if they could implement a challenge system across all games.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
It's not clear if he means console or both PC and console. As I believe console is coming first. I actually opted out of console for this flight having been a part of previous flights. Reach on controller, 60fps or not, is still the worst halo multiplayer. Will be waiting for kb/m.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I have what may be a stupid question, but…

What does "flight" or "flighting" mean with regards to Halo?

I keep seeing everyone in this thread talking about "releasing the first flight" or "getting into a flight" but I've not seen anyone talk about what that means? The term seems to be used similar to a beta or expansion or something but I just can't seem to figure out the context of it, and a google search seems to turn up only a rescue operation for the southern border of the US or something.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

I keep seeing everyone in this thread talking about "releasing the first flight" or "getting into a flight" but I've not seen anyone talk about what that means? The term seems to be used similar to a beta or expansion or something but I just can't seem to figure out the context of it, and a google search seems to turn up only a rescue operation for the southern border of the US or something.
It's pretty much a beta.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017

A flight, at least when I worked in mobile apps, meant a way of delivering your beta build to your beta users/testers. Its a method of delivery not a phase of development.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

A flight is a certain build of your application or game you test against a predefined set of parameters. It is kind of a beta/test build for a portion of an application or game.

~Millet~

Jan 21, 2019
Hello, maybe this is off topic, but I need some help. I bought MCC and I'm able to play H2 and H4 without problems (I didn't install H3 and OSDT), but I can't play any of the missions of HCE. Also I have a problem with H5, I can't install it, it always crash at 69%-85%.

I don't know why. Even restored my XO to retail settings and erased all the contents.

Can someone help me? Thanks.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Hello, maybe this is off topic, but I need some help. I bought MCC and I'm able to play H2 and H4 without problems (I didn't install H3 and OSDT), but I can't play any of the missions of HCE. Also I have a problem with H5, I can't install it, it always crash at 69%-85%.

I don't know why. Even restored my XO to retail settings and erased all the contents.

Sounds like a faulty xbox if you are having issues with both h5 and h1. As H5 is not part of MCC. Faulty hard disk is my guess.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Could be a faulty hard drive or some weird bug you have. For Halo Wars 2 anytime there was an game update it would never go past 0% and I would have to reset my Xbox and then it had to download the whole game again. It was so annoying and they never fixed it. It is the only game to ever do this to me, so at least myself I know it was not a hard drive issue.

~Millet~

Jan 21, 2019
Sounds like a faulty xbox if you are having issues with both h5 and h1. As H5 is not part of MCC. Faulty hard disk is my guess.
Could be a faulty hard drive or some weird bug you have. For Halo Wars 2 anytime there was an game update it would never go past 0% and I would have to reset my Xbox and then it had to download the whole game again. It was so annoying and they never fixed it. It is the only game to ever do this to me, so at least myself I know it was not a hard drive issue.

Thanks to both.

So if the problem is my hard drive, how can I fix it? I need to replace it?

Edit: thanks for your answers, I'm new in technical issues.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

A small addendum, console flighting isn't necessarily going to come first. Honestly, it'll be a bit dumb if they don't both come around the same time.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Seems weird to discuss stuff like that publicly instead of DMing, so Halo Infinite beta dropping this week on Steam practically confirmed.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So since the newest update effects PC, MCC now has

-60hz tick rate on servers and P2P improvements
-New Halo 2 gametype options
-New UI improvements

Here are the Halo 2 gametype options which I assume might also come to other games as well

Skulls

• Grunt Birthday Party - Headshots trigger a grunt party
  • Blind - No HUD or weapon on screen
  • Black Eye - Shields only recharge on a melee
  • Sputnik - Mass of objects is decreased
  • BOOM - explosion radius x2
  • Eye Patch - Auto Aim disabled
  • Foreign - No covie weapon pickups
  • Grunt Funeral - Players die in a "blaze of glory"
  • Recession - Every shot is worth twice the amount
  • Malfunction - A random element of you Hud is disabled on respawn
  • Streaking - Shields constantly decay but recharge on a enemy kill
  • Feather - Player and melee are more effective on physics objects
Also added

• Player Gravity option
  • Infinite Ammo
  • Bottomless Clip
  • Grenade Regeneration
  • Indestructible vehicles
  • Vehicle Gravity
  • World Gravity

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
any confirmation if this will be play anywhere?

From the AMA:

We've addressed a few of these already, but with regards to "Play Anywhere" -

As Bonnie noted on Sunday, we appreciate all of the Xbox One players who have supported MCC over the years and we realize that many existing MCC players are also interested in playing the game on PC. While MCC was released prior to the Xbox Play Anywhere program, we are still exploring ways to recognize the continued support of our Xbox One players so they are also able to enjoy MCC on PC. We will have more details as we get closer to launch.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
To sum it up. Like the game being part of the play anywhere program is probably not gonna happen. But codes for people who have a digital xbox copy of MCC is probably the way.
They did it also with Quantum Break.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
60hz servers, yey. Welcome to the present, I guess. :D

Would be nice if more multiplayer games do this.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine has too. I haven't had any mail yet :(

Can you tell us what it says?

GREETINGS, SPARTAN!

WELCOME ABOARD

Last month we launched the Halo Insider program and were blown away by the incredible outpouring of interest and support from across the community. Thank you for partnering with us as we help shape the future of the Halo franchise!

FLIGHT READY

The initial Insider flights will focus on Halo: Reach. These PC and Xbox One flights are targeted to kick off in a matter of weeks. Before we begin, we wanted to provide some additional background and help manage expectations.

"Flights" are in-development slices or builds of the game designed to test certain features and accomplish specific goals on the road to large scale retail release. While the team always strives to get the best possible experience out the door, the very nature of flighting means these builds will contain bugs (some known, some not) and incomplete feature-sets.

In general, flights will start small and expand over time. This helps the team ensure the build holds up and offers a worthwhile hands-on experience for those participating. However, this means not all Halo Insiders will be selected to participate in every flight. We know everyone is extremely eager and excited to jump in and get hands-on – please be patient and know that we are grateful for your support and will do our best to get as many Insiders into flights as we can over time.

NEXT STEPS

Insiders will be selected based on a number of factors to align with the specific goals and needs of the flight. These may include factors like content familiarity and preferences, availability, and PC hardware specs. If selected, you will receive an email including all necessary instructions on how to obtain the game build and when/where/how to participate online during designated play sessions. Any time a flight is about to launch, we will post all of the information in the Halo Insider forum on halowaypoint.com. In general, this is a great resource to bookmark to stay up to date on the latest Insider happenings, ask questions, converse with other Insiders, and more.

Those who actively participate across flights will often receive priority access to subsequent flights – while those who don't actively participate may find that they're removed from future flights. Remember the Halo Insider program is more than just flighting – Insiders who've opted in will have opportunities to share valuable feedback and insights via periodic surveys on a variety of Halo related topics.

For now, if your Halo Insider profile is up to date, just hang tight as we get ready to kick off flighting. Remember you can always come back to update your profile or opt-out at any time.

THANK YOU

We sincerely thank you for your interest and involvement in the Halo Insider Program. We're excited to kick off the first step of this partnership and journey later this month!

Mine was in the Spam/Junk folder, so make sure to check that.

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
Got the Welcome email too
H6f0VJW.png

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Odd I haven't got one in my spam either...maybe it's because I was already a part of fighting previously. Thanks for sharing the mail guys.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps the people who have received an email are in the first flight? I haven't received anything yet.