• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely hoping we'll get crossplay soon after the whole thing has launched. Halo 3 and Reach are games I want to be able to pick up and play forever, and allowing crossplay between all platforms is good for the health of the community.

As corny as it sounds, exciting times ahead for GAMERSSS. Sekiro next Friday and Battle Pass for Apex Legends and Halo Reach (tests) in the coming weeks.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Armor lock, bloom reticle, slow base movement speed, jetpacks, nuke explosives, sprint. Don't mind me, just trying to lower my hype so the wait for the first taste of Halo on Steam is less painful.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I loved Reach and like I said, it was my favorite multiplayer of the lot despite its flaws, but it's certainly going to be interesting to see how it aligns compared to 3 now that I've started to get increasingly sick of loadout-based multiplayer and have been pining for more arena type stuff. 3 might very well become my new favorite on PC.

Can't remember that much of my Halo 3 days, but it looks like I've played hundreds of matches of it so clearly I loved it too lol.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I loved Reach and like I said, it was my favorite multiplayer of the lot despite its flaws, but it's certainly going to be interesting to see how it aligns compared to 3 now that I've started to get increasingly sick of loadout-based multiplayer and have been pining for more arena type stuff. 3 might very well become my new favorite on PC.

Can't remember that much of my Halo 3 days, but it looks like I've played hundreds of matches of it so clearly I loved it too lol.

Don't worry, come H3's imminent release BR spread will be the main topic of discussion.

Every single Halo game has had flaws. Still my favourite series by far!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Don't worry, come H3's imminent release BR spread will be the main topic of discussion.

Every single Halo game has had flaws. Still my favourite series by far!

In my mind, "BR" has stood for battle royale only for the past few years so your reply threw me for a loop for a second there lol.

But yeah, if this thread is representative of what's to come, I'll probably just skip the OTs and focus on playing the games lmao.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
In my mind, "BR" has stood for battle royale only for the past few years so your reply threw me for a loop for a second there lol.

But yeah, if this thread is representative of what's to come, I'll probably just skip the OTs and focus on playing the games lmao.

Whisper it, but I think we'd all be a bit happier if we skipped OTs. ;D

Lots of love, but also lots of... directionless negativity.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the idea that they won't consider adding crossplay until the whole collection is out just seems like a bad idea, or more appropriately, the conclusion to the bad idea of waiting until now to start releasing the games on PC. By the time they're done and considering it, Infinite's probably going to be out and lead to a huge amount of people flocking to it from MCC, especially since that's practically guaranteed to have crossplay.
And if the beta's going down in about two months... Yeah, the pace they'll be going likely means we aren't even going to have the whole collection done by the time that comes out. Microsoft fucked up.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
They removed bloom in CEA playlists and set it to 85% in others. Armor lock got hit with the Nerf nuke thankfully

I thought they weren't messing with the game balance, and just QoL features?

Brad Sams says the "targeted first flight is in 4 to 6 weeks"

That is absolutely later than expected, especially when I thought they would hot-drop Halo reach later into SXSW instead of still not giving out any news for pricing or even an ETA on the release :/

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt there'll be bloom or armour lock in the PC version since they're one of the first things 343 removed when they took over from Bungie.
Pretty sure Bungie was the one who started removing AL, and then 343i came and put it back in, though it got nerfed with the TU.
Things were better without AL, nerfed or not...

They'll probably have it at 85% to start, but I imagine most people will want it gone
85%'s good. Not ideal, but zero bloom breaks the game effectively, especially if the sandbox isn't rebalanced, and that ain't most certainly happening. Zero-bloom DMR makes too many weapons completely worthless.
Fine for something like MLG, where only few weapons are used anyhow, but more casual game? Nah.

Oct 17, 2018
Brad Sams says the "targeted first flight is in 4 to 6 weeks"

"Sooner that you expect"

tyler.jpg

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
He said it could change, 2-3 weeks was my guess personally, bit 4-6 isn't bad. People didn't expect this till after E3

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably going to forget about this by the time it comes out. All the excitement from the announcement has nearly fizzled, for me. Oh well.
I'm hoping the AMA tomorrow wrings out some actual information about features, pricing, etc. I'm beginning to think that this isn't as far off of Microsoft's typical indifferent attitude on PC as I'd thought when I first saw the announcement. The sentiment with the stuff Stinkles and Phil have been posting about getting it right is absolutely a few steps in the right direction, at least.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably going to forget about this by the time it comes out. All the excitement from the announcement has nearly fizzled, for me. Oh well.
I'm hoping the AMA tomorrow wrings out some actual information about features, pricing, etc. I'm beginning to think that this isn't as far off of Microsoft's typical indifferent attitude on PC as I'd thought when I first saw the announcement. The sentiment with the stuff Stinkles and Phil have been posting about getting it right is absolutely a few steps in the right direction, at least.

Is this your last day on the internet or something? lol

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Bungie was the one who started removing AL, and then 343i came and put it back in, though it got nerfed with the TU.
Things were better without AL, nerfed or not...

85%'s good. Not ideal, but zero bloom breaks the game effectively, especially if the sandbox isn't rebalanced, and that ain't most certainly happening. Zero-bloom DMR makes too many weapons completely worthless.
Fine for something like MLG, where only few weapons are used anyhow, but more casual game? Nah.
Zero bloom doesn't break shit. I've been spamming like a madman at so many different ranges and still get the 5 shot kills. The other guns are completely useless against a dmr anyway so taking away the rng would only be good.

Absolutely no one would miss it. Let's finally make it a shooter with... good shooting.

Last edited:

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Absolutely no one would miss it. Let's finally make it a shooter with... good shooting.

Yeah well h3/2/1 already existed and they still ruined reach with bloom. As long as they have an mlg esque playlist, i think most pc shooter players will gravitate towards that anyway.

4-6 weeks is in no way 'sooner than expected'. Very disappointed. I can't see reach actually being out until the end of summer. Which means maybe we get h1 by the end of the year. I was seriously thinking we'd get a release every 3 months.

I admit, I'd rather it was done right. Just shocked they clearly haven't had lots of resources on this for a long time already. Let's be real this should exist already.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they should just rush it out without proper testing and feedback like with the original release. What could possibly go wrong? /s

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zero bloom doesn't break shit. I've been spamming like a madman at so many different ranges and still get the 5 shot kills. The other guns are completely useless against a dmr anyway so taking away the rng would only be good.

In other Halos, other guns had their uses even while utility weapons were usually better (or more jack of all trades if nothing else). Reach's situation is pretty bad as it is, if just about workable, but removing bloom further exacerbates the issue. EDIT 85% bloom makes DMR etc. better but keeps most other weapons just about usable still. Which is OK, and more importantly TU nerfs armor lock and adds bleedthrough.

Go ahead and have a zero bloom playlist, i'll prefer more casual settings and go play Quake Champions or something like that if i want something more competitive. (Don't see much point in competitive Halos that are old, even if they're coming to PC for the first time.)

I don't like bloom, i but detest single-gun game even more.

Last edited: