• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
mtyjrEf.gif

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
While its cool its steam and they're realeasing it at all, why even a staggered release? And the fact that its even staggered and that they're using each one for "feedback/etc" worries me more than it doesn't. Why weren't they just porting this before now? I'm also wary about the staggering in general. Really won't care about this Collection until its clear that its not gonna be years between each release. I really don't have time as a fan to keep hyped for a 4-5 year total release cycle because Microsoft doesn't want to dedicate enough resources to this to make it a more concise release.

Just tentatively hyped for now. Cool gesture in general. It just seems like this was a last minute deciscion that they decided with the Reach release, and how poorly MCC started out makes me worried in general despite the fact they EVENTUALLY fixed it.

Honestly, I wish MCC for xbox1 staggered realease perhaps it wouldn't have been a broken mess that way.

If I had to guess, staggering is the best way to get the massive collection into players hands without repeating the disaster that occurred the first time around.

Also, prior to working on the PC release, they needed to get the Xbox version into its current state. It was a mess for a long time.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god they realized being exclusive to the Windows store would have been a death sentence to this game. Now it might actually have a MP population.

As long as its not a pile of garbage like the X1 version was.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Very happy to play it, since I have never owned an Xbox and FPS with console controllers suck so much. Never played from 2 onwards so yeah. Still sad about the split release, hopefully there's an option to buy all the content right from the get-go (very Season Pass likely) instead of charging too much for each drop.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This is going to sell sooo much. The Halo fans on PC are there day zero no questions asked, then there's the console double dippers because fuck it I want it on my steam library too, people who never played it because it was on console but have been hearing praise for decades and are excited to try them, there's people supporting the cool goodwill of microsoft even if they don't plan on playing it straight away, there's all the curious people who never touched Halo but will buy anything popular and trendy that lands on Steam, etc etc.

They're going to end up putting Gears, Forza and Sea Of Thieves on Steam after this.

Silencio

Oct 25, 2017
Staggered release actually has me kinda excited, each game will get a chance and have the community focus for a while. Thats assuming Reach is out shortly and the rest before the end of the year, anyway.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
While its cool its steam and they're realeasing it at all, why even a staggered release? And the fact that its even staggered and that they're using each one for "feedback/etc" worries me more than it doesn't. Why weren't they just porting this before now? I'm also wary about the staggering in general. Really won't care about this Collection until its clear that its not gonna be years between each release. I really don't have time as a fan to keep hyped for a 4-5 year total release cycle because Microsoft doesn't want to dedicate enough resources to this to make it a more concise release.

Just tentatively hyped for now. Cool gesture in general. It just seems like this was a last minute deciscion that they decided with the Reach release, and how poorly MCC started out makes me worried in general despite the fact they EVENTUALLY fixed it.
I'm thinking they've put most of the development behind them, they're just being careful and making sure everything's up to snuff. I'd think Infinite's release is their ultimate deadline to get all the games out.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I am really hyped to play Reach in 4K HDR on my Xbox One X, and I am glad that so many folks will get to experience these games on PC because they are awesome experiences! I bought the Reach book recently based on a friend's recommendation, and so now I get to play the game for the first time the way that I really want to on my console.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Halo 3 multiplayer on PC

Mbisonyes.gif

The peak of my online play was Halo 3. I've pretty much been out of the Halo loop since ( I played Reach but was never as hooked on that) missed 4 and 5, so I'm looking forward to revisiting the series. Hopefully MS bundles all the Gears games in the same manner and drops them on Steam.

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
Forgive me if this was discussed, but any word of cross platform play? Would assume a "controller only" kind of thing

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
In. Day 1. Bought and paid for. Microsoft confidence is now boosted.

But one of my questions is Halo 5? Where does that fit in with this? Will it be after the initial rollout of the games?

membran

Oct 27, 2017
Forgive me if this was discussed, but any word of cross platform play? Would assume a "controller only" kind of thing

Steam store page lists the need for an Xbox Live account, so I think there will be crossplay. Concerning the age-old pad vs mouse argument - if anything, Halo 5 Forge has shown that pad players can hold their own against mouse and keyboard players (granted, the mouse aiming had acceleration issues and the pad players had Halo's infamous sticky aim working for them). That's all I'm going to say on that topic, not keen on opening that can of worms. Again. Besides, players can always opt-out from it in the game's option if they only want to play against people of their own platform.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
2 questions

Chronologically speaking, am I good to play Reach first? I'm going to want to play them as they come out but I certainly do hope they release them in chronological order as I'm not familiar with that.

And it's been forever since I played Halo one or two but do these games have 4 player local split-screen? that is a major bonus for me and the kids if so.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I've never played a Halo game in my life. Is it okay to start with Reach?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Reach, I've been holding off on MCC altogether until it released. The idea that I get to play every Halo game in 4K 60FPS for "free" on Game Pass is just ludicrous. I can't wait.

I've never played a Halo game in my life. Is it okay to start with Reach?

You could, but I'd play in release order if possible. Halo 1, and possibly Halo 2, will feel pretty dated after playing Reach.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have only ever played CE, which I love, on pc (and then MS pissed me off with the whole Halo 2 exclusive to Vista thing), but I welcome the move on Steam for sure.

Looking forward to it.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Can't wait for Reach, I've been holding off on MCC altogether until it released. The idea that I get to play every Halo game in 4K 60FPS for "free" on Game Pass is just ludicrous. I can't wait.

You could, but I'd play in release order if possible. Halo 1, and possibly Halo 2, will feel pretty dated after playing Reach.
But that means waiting for the staggered release to get to Halo 1 :(

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as Reach MP goes,

I think a lot of people don't remember how AWFUL Vanilla Reach 100% bloom was. Feels like that would be more frustrating on PC

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I wonder if you can go higher than 60 on PC if not that's disappointing but I understand that could fuck up something in the game.

As you said, it would fuck up so much in the game. Aren't all the physics tied to the framerate too? I can imagine stuff in cutscenes fucking breaking because all the cutscenes were VERY in-game.

Which is what I loved about Halo. I could throw down a bubble shield in Halo 3 right before the cutscene point and It'll be right there in the scene.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
As you said, it would fuck up so much in the game. Aren't all the physics tied to the framerate too? I can imagine stuff in cutscenes fucking breaking because all the cutscenes were VERY in-game.

Which is what I loved about Halo. I could throw down a bubble shield in Halo 3 right before the cutscene point and It'll be right there in the scene.
That's the thing I don't know if Halo Reach tied the physics to the fps or not. If it did it's not worth opening that and potentially breaking the damn thing lol

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018

One of the points for the PC version in their waypoint blog does state "adjustable framerates" to me I hope to god adjustable means above 60. It's clearly something they want to do but can't promise quite yet.

End of the day they say they want it to be a high quality PC game. I can't think of a single respectable PC shooter that is capped at 60.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
One of the points for the PC version in their waypoint blog does state "adjustable framerates" to me I hope to god adjustable means above 60. It's clearly something they want to do but can't promise quite yet.

End of the day they say they want it to be a high quality PC game. I can't think of a single respectable PC shooter that is capped at 60.

These aren't new games, keep that in mind. Other than 1-2, they're all build from the ground up for an Xbox 360. I'm not saying they WON'T update it for higher fps, but if they can't, I fully understand why.

Slyfox

Oct 28, 2017
Later this year is disappointing. Why piecemeal the info? I would've like more info right away considering we all expected the announcement.