• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are you so mad? I mean, we all know why... but jeez, this is a good thing, not a bad thing.

It's quite funny watching a prolifically negative commenter on anything to do with Microsoft come into an overwhelmingly positive Microsoft news thread and desperately try to find something negative to say.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
wow, didn't expect it at all. I thought they were going to relaunch the MS Store toghether with Halo MCC, and maybe they'll do it anyway, but publishing on Steam is huge. I wonder if Halo Infinite will be on Steam too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So excited for Reach remastered. I was playing the 360 BC version and ewww it didn't age well. Probably my favourite Halo, love Noble team.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Thrilled by the news, looking forward to doing another legendary solo run just like i did almost 10 years ago.
First Halo game I was able to do it with.

Thank you 343i.
I really hope they managed to get rid of that blur in the game

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised that MS did not use this opportunity to unveil a better Win Store and use Halo as their "flagship" game to introduce it.

I wonder what this means for future MS games like Gears. Is there an expectation that it will also come to Steam now? Probably not but the way MS has handled the Halo series is interesting as they seem ok with dropping those on Steam. Are 343i not MS first party? They seem ok with letting them give us a Steam version but not Gears or maybe they let each studio decide on that themselves. Pretty cool of MS if that is the case.

Anyway I am glad to finally be able to see why so many people have such fondness for this series. Personally, I don't remember that last good FPS campaign I played since the Darkness 2 :/

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I wonder how they're handling the armour customisation in Reach. It was a big part of yanno. Making Noble 6 'our' Spartan

But MCC seems to have stripped back customisation in general

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am surprised that MS did not use this opportunity to unveil a better Win Store and use Halo as their "flagship" game to introduce it.

I wonder what this means for future MS games like Gears. Is there an expectation that it will also come to Steam now? Probably not but the way MS has handled the Halo series is interesting as they seem ok with dropping those on Steam. Are 343i not MS first party? They seem ok with letting them give us a Steam version but not Gears or maybe they let each studio decide on that themselves. Pretty cool of MS if that is the case.

Anyway I am glad to finally be able to see why so many people have such fondness for this series. Personally, I don't remember that last good FPS campaign I played since the Darkness 2 :/

My guess is they're using it as bait - getting Steam users hooked into Halo and then given no choice but Microsoft Store for Infinite.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
7qoXpoR.jpg

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
I played the first two games of the MCC before accepting the fact that I just don't like FPS with a gamepad. Looking forward to a Play Anywhere version.

It's great to see these games coming to PC. I'm hoping in time it becomes an industry standard.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Man, no mention of split screen is getting really concerning... LAN too....

Like man I want nothing more and have wanted nothing more for over a decade, than to just be able to have some split screen Halo on a laptop. Come on guys :(

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Like man I want nothing more and have wanted nothing more for over a decade, than to just be able to have some split screen Halo on a laptop. Come on guys :(
They haven't announced any details, though. Maybe keep the despair bottled up until we receive some actual word on features?

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
They haven't announced any details, though. Maybe keep the despair bottled up until we receive some actual word on features?

Steam page lists a bunch of standard features, but no split screen.

It's exactly the kind of feature a lot of devs leave out because PC gamers "don't care" about it. I feel like that's sufficient reason to worry. Especially since it appears it's not Play Anywhere, since usually that is heavily advertised.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer

MCC still had splitscreen support for co-op/multiplayer, right? If so it'll probably be in this too. I wouldn't worry too much if it isn't explicitly listed as a feature on Steam. It's early days and they might not have everything listed just yet.

Nov 12, 2017
I think they are reusing all halo line of MCC to re-hook players to Infinite and then launch it exclusively inside the new store.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Too bad the games are releasing by stages, but i fully understand this. We're talking about SIX Halo games that need tinkering so they can work flawlessly on PC. Failure is not an option with such an important franchise as Halo.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I think microsoft understands that they have to make their store competitive in other ways. I respect their decision a lot. It's almost like a big middlefinger towards epic game store which is throwing money towards all these money driven companies and microsoft being known for that signaling the absolute opposite. I respect that

Microsoft has changed a lot in the last few years. I like it a lot

Last edited:

Mudface90210

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck you, M$. No EGS, no buy.

Seriously, this is great news and it's wonderful to see Microsoft delivering on their promises re PC gaming after so many false starts. It'll be interesting to see if this heralds a close relationship with Steam in the future- day and date releases on both Steam and Windows Store, with the Store games having the additional carrot of GamePass/ Play Anywhere.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So when can we expect Reach at the earliest? Q2, 3, 4?

You watch it be September 2020.

There's been barely any mention of anything other than it's existence. Hold your horses.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I can see them launching Reach pretty soon. They seem to be going with a "trickle release" type of schedule in order to keep people talking about it. It's smart of them to do that rather than drop it all at once and have some of their multiplayer be dead.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
I think microsoft understands that they have to make their store competitive in other ways. I respect their decision a lot. It's almost like a big middlefinger towards epic game store which is throwing money towards all these money driven game devs and microsoft being known for that signaling the absolute opposite. I respect that

Microsoft has changed a lot in the last few years. I like it a lot

I can't help but feel like that was at least part of the goal.