• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
It is chronological in terms if story, but it would be an....odd way to play it imo. More than anything the gameplay and graphics would be a step down from Reach to CE.
If they play on the CEA graphics it will look OK compared to Reach but 1) you are really supposed to play on the OG graphics as the CEA one has a lot of consistency issues, and 2) the art direction in CEA is considerably worse.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I'd heard all the teasers, and yet I still can't believe this is happening. What a time to be alive.

Props for them putting it on steam too, really appreciate it. Hopefully we get a date soon considering it'll just be Reach releasing to start off with. (maybe even a avaliable now one?)

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
People go back and play older games all the time. It might actually be interesting to see how people experience CE after first playing Reach.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking A, this really did turn out to be even better than I expected. I absolutely can't wait to get to play Reach online again, hopefully it's releasing soon.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to blow up tanks by turning on armor lock right before they run me over.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It's been years since I last played a Halo game, but I loved the crap out of them back in the days. I'll get the collection on Steam and finally kick Covenant ass again. Even saying that feels like a dream :D

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
kudos to MS for doing this

never been a huge Halo fan, but will buy this on Steam to support the decision

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
haha good one
D1f_c10XcAA9cSy.jpg:large

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With this, I can't help but feel nostalgic. Bring on the old days of Halo and Mountain Dew.

Man, playing original Gears of War 360 right now. I feel old.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Why are you so mad? I mean, we all know why... but jeez, this is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I didn't even convey any opinion on the game, actually. I'm looking forward to playing Reach with proper PC controls.

I'm just commenting on an embarrassing line on a marketing image. Is that okay?

Edit: thanks for the above posters actually clarifying the line.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I didn't even convey any opinion on the game, actually. I'm looking forward to playing Reach with proper PC controls.

Like the users above said it's apparently from Halo 2 (I did not know as well). Seems like an appropriate use of that line.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Let's get really nuts and bring Rallisport Challenge 2 to Steam as well!

...Hello? I can't be the only one that cares! God, I miss that game.

(The Forza Horizon games would be nice too!)

I am EXTREMELY faithful this will happen, Microsoft has been absolutely great to the fans calling and have recently increased their steam output. I would not bat an eye at them announcing windows containers for xbx1, 360, and OG games and making them perminantly available to us on steam.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would I need to have Reach installed to play the rest then? I don't recall how it works with Hitman 2 and ep 1.
Likely all the games will be DLC modules. It's possible they'll split the multiplayer off into further modules, too, unless they plan on saving that functionality for the Windows Store version.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Edit: thanks for the above posters actually clarifying the line.
It's from Halo 2. Said in Michael Wincott's voice, it's an amazing line.

Recasting him with Terrence Stamp for Halo 3 was one of the worst decisions Bungie ever made. They turned Truth from an evil schemer into a raving mad zealot.