• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I hope they have a setting to hardlock the fps at 60/120, dynamically adjusting resolution / graphics to keep that cap.

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
MCC announcement was a given and was bracing for the Windows store announcement. Steam release was an absolute shocker. Wow.

Although there was still this Steam update recently that added support for a "third party API", so I'm wondering how much will the Xbox stuff interact with Steam.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
unknown.png
This image is a complete mind fuck - fucking bizarro land shit. I love it.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
My only real concern is if the mp holds ends up on pc. It was designed for console controls, you put it on pc and everyone is suddenly a lot more accurate than the game design accounted for.

Otherwise HEEEEEELLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

This is all I wanted ever since I got a new PC last year. And it includes Reach! It's going to be so pretty to go back to that game at high res and 60+ fps

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
My only real concern is if the mp holds ends up on pc. It was designed for console controls, you put it on pc and everyone is suddenly a lot more accurate than the game design accounted for.

Otherwise HEEEEEELLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

This is all I wanted ever since I got a new PC last year. And it includes Reach! It's going to be so pretty to go back to that game at high res and 60+ fps
I put a little bit of time into the El Dewrito thing, and Halo MP feels awesome on PC. I'm expecting this to be on par or even better.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Never played Halo games, so I'm pretty excited to finally play them!
I'm fine with this type of schedule tbh. I wouldn't have been able to play them all at once anyway. As long as there won't be an excessive time gap between the releases and the prices will be reasonable.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
So excited that my favorite Xbox game series ever will be available for more people to play wherever they want to! I will continue to buy their most powerful available Xbox console just because I prefer not dealing with PC builds any longer and like gaming easily in front of my big 65" 4K HDR TV. Microsoft is really doing such gamer friendly things.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Fucking awesome that this is dropping on Steam good on Microsoft. But any release date we have on this yet?

Dec 15, 2017
Hopefully this is a success so they bring a similar GEARS collection to PC. It's not that PC gamers do not like those games, we do not like consoles that's all. Bring on the content and we will respond with our wallet.

Feel free to copy and paste and send it to ATLUS or misguided japanese company of your choice.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been very down on Microsoft's PC stance for literally decades but this is amazing news. Buying on day one. Bring more exclusives over to Steam and I'll buy those too! (already bought Sunset Overdrive)

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Would it be unwise to add Halo 5 if Halo Infinite is going to play like older Halos? I feel like if people are playing Halo for the first time (or for the first time in a while) that the gameplay of Halo 5 might give them false expectations for Halo Infinite.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Very nice. Have some folks both on Xbox One X and PC who haven't played Reach. Hopefully we'll be able to play through the campaign together.
Though personally not interested in the main line titles apart from Halo 5 (played through 1-4 on Xbox/360), but I guess there won't be the option of only paying for certain titles of the Collection.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
This definitely seems like they're making a concerted effort to revitalize the franchise by bringing it to Steam. Halo Infinite is going to be fucking huge if it come out on everything at once.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Yo

Coming to Steam?!

wait, will this be a part of game pass? The wording in the OP is kind of confusing.

bread

Nov 17, 2018
I'm very excited for this, enjoyed Halo 1/2 on xbox one but I dislike FPS games with a gamepad. Also excited to finally play through ODST which has always been the most interesting in the series to me.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
It's too early to say whether this is a one-off or the beginning of Microsoft releasing its premier first/second-party titles on Steam.
I don't think steam supported appx packages before (uwp api games used this format) but now that microsoft has a new packaging format, msix, which is open source, supports all apps including legacy and uwp and its coming to all OS's I'd say its more likely that steam is adopting this. so i'd say the chances are better than before that stuff like gears 4, sea of thieves hit more store fronts.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
What does Microsoft gotta have planned for E3 if they're announcing MCC for PC/Steam in March?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized, they're saying they'll support all manner of gamepads on PC.
Can I play Halo on PC with Dualshock 4 button prompts and commit ultimate fanboy sin?