• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
It's not just that we'll be fighting the brutes again, it's that Halo will have a defined, formidable, and charismatic antagonist once again.
Ha, actually, yeah, this is really awesome too.
I actually really liked the Didact as a singular antagonist buuut I also read all the Forerunner books and watched the terminals. They really should've integrated more of his (tragic) backstory more explicitly. And I'm still very salty over his fate.
Oh yeah. I can do that. Bruv, you're a genius.
The cutscenes are actually extremely well done (by Blur, same people who did the Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes). You should absolutely watch them.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Guess Xbox event soon?
Did MS say that Halo will have separate showing?

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a mistake to pull in more non-mainline game lore as a primary focus. Didn't go so well the other times they tried with many going away confused and annoyed. Guess we'll see though.
I can't wait to fight a faction I have no idea about that was introduced in a Halo RTS game!

Great for the super hardcore fans that are aware of what happened in Halo Wars 2 but the vast majority of the audience stopped at Halo 5. I hope they do a better job at introducing these new characters than how they did in that.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I do find it interesting that they are leading with The Banished instead of The Created. Wonder why.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Can confirm this the most watched 1 minute 15 second video tweeted by Halo in June 2020 history. Over 300k views.

/s but yeah I'm pretty excited about Infinite even as a non halo fan in the past.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Fingers crossed we get a announcement soon and the event will be in the first week of july. I am really excited!

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Everything I'm seeing here looks great. Of course, after the "Hunt the Truth" debacle, my only fear is that this marketing campaign will not be indicative of the actual story and this will be something we giggle about in a year after we've played the Halo: Infinite campaign.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Seems like a mistake to pull in more non-mainline game lore as a primary focus. Didn't go so well the other times they tried with many going away confused and annoyed. Guess we'll see though.
I don't think they should just throw away expanded universe characters as long as they introduce them well into the mainline games and not require any wiki reading to understand then I don't really see the problem. They had issues with this in the past but that doesn't mean this is happening here.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but... What are they even fighting for anymore..? No "Great Journey" rhetoric has been used in 4 or 5 as far as I'm aware, and there's no political-leaders trying to use it to distract from a scandal.

(That's literally how the whole thing started - The Prophet of Truth needed something to distract the rest of the High Charity Council from his scandalous behavior)
Some of the elites Jul 'Mdama are still faithful and have even aligned themselves with the Prometheans

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Incoming Halo emotional roller coaster, shit is like clock work for me.

Super hyped and engaged due to the media blitz before the upcoming release. Then the game comes out and it's just not an enjoyable experience.

Praying for good things.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
The banished are great. Get those prometheans outta here.

Looking forward this. Everything about recent MS screams that this game will be bigger budget, grander in scale and ambition.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I'm so apprehensive with 343i handling of the story it's hard for me to get excited but I'll try to remain hopeful
I felt let down by the Halo 5 story. However ever since I've heared the developer responsible for the Batman Arkham games is one of the writer of the Halo Infinite story my expectations are restored. Batman Arkham has a amazing story.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
tenor.gif

Let's go!

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
July event being this close, i can guarantee they will shadow drop Halo 3 PC on the day of the conference.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Assuming that this is indeed teasing a Halo announcement, I guess Microsoft's July conference is likely to be in the first 3 days of July? Cause otherwise this is one of those long slow-burn teases. And I hate those.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody was asking for the transcript earlier, so here it is:

The hour approaches
Our forces occupy the ring
Within hours it will be under our control
Humanity will burn
Their brazen defiance will be all but a memory
No more Prophets
No more lies
We stand together
Brothers to the end
We are his will
We are his legacy
We are The Banished

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ed/1240f510-5458-4bb9-91b0-cb84c3e8526a/posts

anyone scrub this for secrets yet?

On it, but on a first glance there doesn't seem to be anything suspicious going on.