• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
"
We're sure cutting it close to make good on the "Insider flighting will begin in June!" <sweatingprofusely.gif>

It does sound like the pre-flight has passed so fingers crossed this will get underway this week. I did want to reiterate what I've been saying everywhere - the first flight is going to be SMALL. Like a drop in the bucket small, compared to the vast amount of Halo Insiders we have signed up. The reality is that the vast majority of folks will not get into the first flight and as such I'd expect there to be a good deal of frustration and disappointment. Please just remember this is a marathon, not a sprint (no, we're not porting Marathon to MCC). Getting the first Insider flight out the door is a huge milestone and things should start picking up in scope and pace afterwards. The number of people that get added to future Insider flights will grow over time along with the scope of what's being flighted. The first flight will really be an updated and more polished version of the E3 demo - a single mission of Reach - with the main goal being to validate large scale distribution via Steam and our Insider pipelines.

We are incredibly grateful and humbled by the outpouring of support, excitement, and opt-ins to the Halo Insider program and hope that everyone can hang in there with us on the journey until you're called into action. The team is committed to ensuring that eventually everyone who is a qualified Insider will have an opportunity to participate."

As long as those selected arent known streamers, I dont care when I get in. This is about getting bug reports and the state of the game, not trying to show it off.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Man, I wish they hadn't announced this thing so early and did it closer to launch instead, the hype feels almost completely gone, this first tiny Reach flight suffering delay after delay makes stuff like Halo 3 seem years away.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I get the feeling that the Xbox One version of Reach is probably near the finish line but is being held back to launch closer to the PC version.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that the Xbox One version of Reach is probably near the finish line but is being held back to launch closer to the PC version.

It could also be that far more people are working on the PC version and not as many on Xbox since it probably isn't as big a deal. Or it could be that work is being done on PC primarily, and then a lot of that work can easily be moved over to Xbox as well, perhaps in order to lay down some groundwork to more easily make crossplay happen.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
In before everyone grabs the pitchforks and starts burning pizzas in protest.... :(

The flight is looking 99.9% like it's happening today. It's more than 100 people but only a TINY FRACTION of the registered Halo Insider population. I hate to say this but almost everyone in this subreddit who is eager and angry realistically won't get into this first flight just based on the odds. I'm not great at math but we're talking about a very tiny percentage of the eligible Insider audience. I don't like it anymore than you all do and it's a blessing and curse of having overwhelming interest and sign-ups. We have to start small and it will grow over time and more people will be added in subsequent flights with the team's goal being to still ensure that eventually everyone who is eligible and interested will get a chance to participate. But if you're hitting refresh on your inbox every minute and planning your entire weekend around this flight, I'd strongly encourage you to consider alternate plans - worst case you get a surprise email after all. :)

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Flighting starts today. Emails go out within the next 2 hours.

giphy.gif

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
RIP the dream of playing the same level of Reach over and over all weekend. :(

Better luck next time! :D

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
There's a few streamers playing through the build now, Sadly they all have facecam/alerts on.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
I want Reach added to MCC on Xbox already.

And the love of god get rid of some of those awful Forge-made maps in Big Team.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This flight is 1 campaign mission and thats all.
ill be bummed about not getting an email when they start flighting multiplayer.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I couldn't really be part of the flight with how trash my internet is right now, but still. Dang.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny how the design change has rarely, if ever, been explained in-lore.
They don't need lore explanations. It was an art style change. Just like we don't need any lore explanations for changes in Infinite.

Also Tip of the Spear is an ugly mission. I'd much rather see something like Long Night of Solace.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
A streamer I was watching said it's locked at 60fps. That was a huge let down.

This is literally the first public flight of many, many flights to come. It would be foolish to assume anything about the final product based on this super early pre-release test version, especially since they already confirmed uncapped framerates in the reddit AMA they did months ago.