• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The UI feels very unresponsive at times. Just finished an invasion game and wanted to take a break, and it wouldn't let me back out... forced to load into another and now if I quit I'll get a penalty right?

Still, loving this pvp.
Your penalty is like a 5 minute cool down. If you were gonna take a break anyway..

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
How the hell are people headshotting me with a rifle from 20 feet away when im shooting them thus forcing them to zoom out ? im so confused on how these guns work really makes me want to stop playing.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017

but MCC reach doesn't use the cR system—does running out the grifball clock actually earn you more points towards the new progression system? I've been reading that it's more efficient to do a lot of short gametypes to farm now.

Korosenai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What are the penalties for quitting? Lots of games where teammates quit and I'm afraid to quit but obviously would because what's the point of playing 1v4 and wasting time for 10 minutes

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I've finished the game on legendary back in the days, but now I'm struggling even on mission two.

Do I leave my gamer card somewhere or is it ok to continue on heroic?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Quickly zooming in again

bruh but how when i get shot i get zoomed out my aim resets and they're out of my view . so when i shoot them like 4 times they just zoom in quick and shoot and one shot me ? gotta be something im not getting here with the gameplay. ahhhhhhhh

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
bruh but how when i get shot i get zoomed out my aim resets and they're out of my view . so when i shoot them like 4 times they just zoom in quick and shoot and one shot me ? gotta be something im not getting here with the gameplay. ahhhhhhhh
There is a dot in the middle of the cross-hairs to let you know when you can register a headshot, without zooming in.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, you need Vsync On to get rid of screen tearing, not off!

You are THE BEST! thank you very much to you and everyone who tried to help me finally my screen tearing issue has been solved really thanks a lot, do you know why turning on Vsync fix the issue? I never have it on on other PC games and I never had screen tearing

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I played a single FFA Slayer with AR starts and fucking hated it. In all fairness, it was also my first FFA Slayer game and I'm usually not big on FFA, so maybe that colors my experience a bit.

I like AR starts in theory, but some maps have power positions a solid team can lock down that are too damn strong even with DMR starts. I dread to imagine what they'd be like with AR starts.

Oct 25, 2017
It's less practical than the DMR, which is why I prefer it as a starting weapon. Forces fights towards weapon spawns and map control. DMR starts make the fights longer range and less about controlling weapon spawns, imo.
I see your point, but DMR w/ bloom is less useful than the BRs in other games, no? (or maybe because I'm still trash and can't hit my shot strings consistently)

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I don't mind AR starts as much this time around. I always hated it on console but I'm starting to maybe think the magnum makes a little bit more sense as the primary weapon because of it's limited range, but then it's shots to kill and rate of fire make me just think the Reach sandbox in general is kind of fucked

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I don't mind AR starts as much this time around. I always hated it on console but I'm starting to maybe think the magnum makes a little bit more sense as the primary weapon because of it's limited range, but then it's shots to kill and rate of fire make me just think the Reach sandbox in general is kind of fucked
Halo 5 and CE are the only games that have good AR starts. I don't know how I played with this garbage pistol back in the day.

Oct 25, 2017
According to Era all Halo weapon sandboxes are fucked

Except CE. For all its dumb broken spawn trapping bullshit, I can't think of any major flaw with weapon balance

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to Era all Halo weapon sandboxes are fucked

Except CE. For all its dumb broken spawn trapping bullshit, I can't think of any major flaw with weapon balance

Honestly the spawns alone turn me off from taking it very seriously - It's just not enjoyable to have to worry about that stuff, but Halo CE casual is so good.

Dec 21, 2017
I'm in the AR starts are garbage camp. I thought we solved this 9 years ago. Precision weapon spawns are and always have been more balanced.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I like AR starts better not because I think the AR is a better (or even good) gun, but because I think weapon hunting/map control is more fun than everyone instantly starting with the most useful gun possible. If I wanted to play a game where I wasn't supposed to fight over weapon control I'd just go play every other shooter with a loadout system.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
I really dislike AR starts however I liked how Halo 5 did this with BR and AR starts that is the best option for me, hopefully we get BR starts on Halo Infinite it gets very boring Pistol starts on Halo 5

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is when the people that make Halo want the AR to be anything more than a glorified bottle of febreeze. Halo CE's AR "felt like an SMG" but that absolutely was not an issue. If they want to make the assault rifle both iconic and useful without being a detriment to the rest of the game, they'd have to do a lot more than just buffing the range and increasing the damage. It'd have to behave like an entirely new weapon, which is not something Halo really needs.

I'm not a Destiny fan whatsoever, but I would be interested to see the assault rifle behave like the auto rifles do in that game. Just to see.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the spawns alone turn me off from taking it very seriously - It's just not enjoyable to have to worry about that stuff, but Halo CE casual is so good.
very true. I'm actually hella excited for CE to officially return to PC on MCC, more than 2 and 3.
I like AR starts better not because I think the AR is a better (or even good) gun, but because I think weapon hunting/map control is more fun than everyone instantly starting with the most useful gun possible. If I wanted to play a game where I wasn't supposed to fight over weapon control I'd just go play every other shooter with a loadout system.
But Sniper, rockets, and powerups are still very important even with precision weapon starts

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Having a blast playing MP with all games selected on. 82 possible 4v4 maps! I love that you never know what you're going to get and it keeps it fun. This is such a great collection.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
You are THE BEST! thank you very much to you and everyone who tried to help me finally my screen tearing issue has been solved really thanks a lot, do you know why turning on Vsync fix the issue? I never have it on on other PC games and I never had screen tearing
That's just what vsync is, it directly controls if you get screen tearing or not. If vsync is on, the video frames are output in sync with the monitors refresh rate (which means the rendering is stalled until the next refresh is available, unless it's triple buffered). With vsync off, they are output immediately the moment they are available,which causes the image the monitor is drawing to change while it's in the middle of a redraw, causing the image to "tear" as the end result is two or more different images been drawn in the lifetime of one refresh of the display. Most, if generally not all, PC games have this as an option and it's usually on by default for presentation reasons.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
But Sniper, rockets, and powerups are still very important even with precision weapon starts

Sniper, rockets, sword, shotgun, needle rifle, Pro pipe, and map position.

but see, that's the thing. The weapon scale in most Reach games starts with the DMR, which everyone starts with, the rocket launcher, and the sniper rifle, and that's it. MAYBE the sword. Power ups don't factor into it because of armor abilities. That's a handful of weapons being used out of a huge pool of guns.

A lot of guns in Halo aren't very efficient compared to the DMR but they're fun to use and I don't believe that every gun in a shooter based around weapon pickups needs to be "good." If every card in magic the gathering was "good" the game would break, and I feel similarly about Halo. Giving everyone one of the most versatile guns out of the gate at the beginning of every round changes makes practically anything except power weapons pointless.

Like, shooting guys with the DMR is fun, I don't think it's the end of the world that precision spawns are clearly favored by most of the fanbase, I suck it up and play anyway, I just think Halo's weapon sandbox is way better utilized on a sliding scale and curated map positioning than just making every game DMR/Rockets/Sniper.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
but see, that's the thing. The weapon scale in most Reach games starts with the DMR, which everyone starts with, the rocket launcher, and the sniper rifle, and that's it. MAYBE the sword. Power ups don't factor into it because of armor abilities. That's a handful of weapons being used out of a huge pool of guns.

A lot of guns in Halo aren't very efficient compared to the DMR but they're fun to use and I don't believe that every gun in a shooter based around weapon pickups needs to be "good." If every card in magic the gathering was "good" the game would break, and I feel similarly about Halo. Giving everyone one of the most versatile guns out of the gate at the beginning of every round changes makes practically anything except power weapons pointless.

Like, shooting guys with the DMR is fun, I don't think it's the end of the world that precision spawns are clearly favored by most of the fanbase, I suck it up and play anyway, I just think Halo's weapon sandbox is way better utilized on a sliding scale and curated map positioning than just making every game DMR/Rockets/Sniper.
AR starts as it is now just does not work in this game. That's just how it is.

Halo 5 on the other hand did it extremely well for the most part.