• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded this on Xbox One X yesterday and immediately went to the tribute room. I am so predictable.

Loving it on XBX solar, although I wish you could look down the sights on the standard rifle.

I noticed Halo ODST also downloaded - is that...is that the full game?

It's the full campaign, but not FireFight.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Just finished up the solo campaign on legendary.
Damn man, I forgot how hard that ending hits you in the feels.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

Resolved Issues + Pending Hotfix
Server Relays Blocking Matchmaking: We received reports yesterday that players were having troubles finding matches with relays enabled. After further investigation, an issue was discovered, and as of this morning we believe this is now resolved. We will continue to monitor relay performance and matchmaking.

Microsoft Store and Game Pass App Missing Launch Options: The Game Pass team has been working to resolve an issue reported by some users who are unable to launch Reach within the Game Pass App. A hotfix is expected soon, and we'll provide more info once we have it. In the meantime, if you are having an issue launching this, please follow the instructions outlined in this article for troubleshooting it.

Top Community Reported Issues
Audio Issues: Players have reported various issues regarding game audio not sounding as expected (muffled, inconsistent volume, low quality, etc.). This is a known issue present at launch and the team is working to resolve this. Unfortunately, it is not a quick fix and is one that will require quite a bit of work and time to resolve. The team is already working on it and will share an update when more progress and details are available.

Stuttering Issue: We are aware of reports where players are experiencing stuttering in game. We are investigating on our end and initially have found that some third-party software such as Corsair iCue, Logitech G-Hub, and Razer Synapse, may be a causing factor for in-game stuttering. We recommend disabling these programs to alleviate the issue.

If you are using the experimental Variable Frame Rate option, this could potentially be the cause. If you are experiencing stuttering while running this option, please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.

Menu Performance: We are aware of reports where players are experiencing performance drops in the menus outside of gameplay. We are investigating on our end but need more data points of this issue. If you are experiencing this problem, please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.

Screen-tearing / V-sync issues: The team is aware of issues around screen tearing and V-Sync not performing as expected for some users. As a reminder, if V-Sync is off, screen tearing will happen. In order to isolate this issue we would like users who are experiencing issues to please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.

Co-Op Latency: Co-op campaign play uses P2P networking and we're aware that some players are reporting high latency and a poor experience when playing Campaign together. This is an area the team will continue to monitor but given the complexities of P2P networking and the underlying net code of Reach, the extent to which this issue can be addressed is still TBD.

EAC Error Messages in Game: Some users have been reporting various EAC error messages appearing while playing. This includes a "UE4 Critical Error," "You've been banned" and others around map files. If you are experiencing any of these, please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.

We are currently investigating the UE4 critical errors and believe we have resolved the ban message appearing. If you are receiving the UE4 Critical Error, please make sure you are on the latest version of Windows. Error messages appearing for map files require you to resolve them as the local files have changed around these. In order to resolve these, we recommend you use the "Verify Files" options on Steam and to re-install the game on the Microsoft Store.

Key bindings: We're aware that many players would like to be able to bind actions to more than one key. This is on the team's to-do list and something they hope to get to in a post-launch update.

Mouse Input: We have been hearing from some users that mouse input feels delayed. In order to isolate this issue we would like users who are experiencing issues to please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.

Idle Stops Matchmaking Search: This feature is by-design and is done to prevent AKF/idle players from entering matchmaking. We will continue to monitor feedback around this but have no changes planned to this feature at this time.

View Model: We're aware that when altering the default FOV the view model is larger and not scaling as players would like. We are aware of the community's feedback regarding this and it has a longer lead time for the team to assess.

Can't Crouch While Moving: The way crouching and moving works in Reach is currently true to the way it worked in the original game on Xbox 360. However, we understand this doesn't necessarily meet player expectations on PC. We are currently testing and prototyping potential alternative solutions to address the community's feedback around the inability to crouch while moving using mouse & keyboard.

Additional Known Issues
Player's character model appears to desync briefly when moving after an assassination.
When using the narration feature, all menu options are not read for all screens.
When playing Co-op or multiplayer, players will appear to play a falling animation when entering an elevator.
Prior to installing Halo: Reach, users who participated in flights will want to delete all files at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\MCC.
Players friended only over Steam do not appear in the Roster (must be Xbox Live friends). You can join upon your friends through Steam's friends list.
To send an Xbox Live friend request you will need to use the Game Bar, Xbox Companion app, or add them at Xbox.com
When launching in Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean the voice language pack may not install (Full KBA).
If a capture card is set to the default audio input device, all PC audio will transmit over voice channel (Full KBA).
Bluetooth headphones will prioritize communication audio after passing the main menu Full KBA).
When moving the game's window while in Fullscreen using the Windows, shift, and arrow keys it can cause the game to appear as a still image.
Cutscenes during Tip of the Spear can see performance drops using AMD graphics cards.
When trying to "Save As" File Share game types and maps that are not Halo: Reach they appear corrupted on relaunch of Halo: Reach. This is because you don't have the content required to play them.
Uninstalling the Steam version of the game with the Microsoft Store version installed will remove the Easy Anti-Cheat client and make the Microsoft Store game be unplayable. To resolve this please uninstall and re-install the Microsoft Store version.
Won't Fix and By Design Known Issues
With the Duke control scheme Switch grenade is mapped to LB and Flashlight is mapped to RB
When attempting to join friends using Steam's friends list or overlay your party will not be brought with you. To alleviate, join friends through your Xbox Live Roster in game.
Players who have picked up the active camo powerup are easier to see when moving on non-title update (vanilla) settings than title update (TU) settings
When entering full screen for the first time if previously snapped to half of a screen on 4k monitors, the game will not display properly when entering full screen. Simply Alt + Enter to resolve this.
There is no way to rebind the pause function

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox.
Game stays stuck at the spinning wheel in the very beginning. Is this happening to everyone?

Jan 29, 2018
Sound mix seems really tinny over Steam Link. I can barely hear my gun. I'll have to play at my desk and see if it makes a difference.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
Any reason my update is downloading at 1 mb per second. Has pretty much been like this for the last 24 hours. No issues on my PS4.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Any maps like blood gultch in reach ? No map I've payed has really hit that itch so far. Also for some reason that one mode uhhhh where you get more points or something for taking down big things ?? Make my games frames drop

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Man, having a blast in Reach. Feels great at 4K60 and I've been impressed with the matchmaking times and stability. Hard to believe this is the same MCC from 5 years ago, but sure am glad they stuck with it.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Any maps like blood gultch in reach ? No map I've payed has really hit that itch so far. Also for some reason that one mode uhhhh where you get more points or something for taking down big things ?? Make my games frames drop

I believe Blood Gulch was one of the Forge maps in Reach. Dunno if they have added those in to this release.

Mar 22, 2019
Xbox.
Game stays stuck at the spinning wheel in the very beginning. Is this happening to everyone?

yes! this happened to me last night.

I think it has something to do with save game migrating from the cloud - I solved it by going into my settings and deleting EVERYWHERE my save data - on both console and cloud...lets me into the game but I get the error now saying to "restart to complete data migration"...worried I broke it but hey it lets me play the games now.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
343 just can't release a game without problems. Hopefully Halo infinite is not broken.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
So the audio isn't going to be quick fix, I guess I'm done with this for a while. Not sure how that's possible when they've already known about it for months. What's the point of spending time playing a 10 year old game that has majorly gimped sound mixing compared to the original?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All the sudden the game is broke for me. Yesterday, it worked fine. I'm launching from the start menu and it shows the Xbox game studios and 343 industries intro videos, then minimizes and opens up windows store as if I don't have Game Pass, but I do. All my other game pass games launch fine wtf...

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Really disappointed they released the game in this state with the shit audio. Having proper audio cues is a very important aspect of playing effectively in multiplayer. I fear this is going to taint the game like how the original MCC had a bunch of issues and really hinder the playerbase potential in the future.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Finally played a good bit today with my brother and man its so fun. Haven't played Halo since ODST. Can't wait to play more, and especially can't wait for Halo 3.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone playing co op through game pass? Does it user microsoft servers or does the party lead host the server? Its unbelievably laggy, takes 2 whole seconds for an input to go through in game. What's going on??

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I had 100s of hours on Halo CE but now that Im older Im curious about some mechanics:

-Grenade spam feels too much to me. I know this is unpopular but modern features like Nade indicators, or Limiting loadouts to 1 I think would be nice

-I dont know how I played with radar. Seeing enemies tends to encourage me to camp or crouch walk Especially if I have a shotgun.Is there no footstep sounds in halo? I cant hear footsteps at all and rely on radar

Now Ive been a cod fan on consoles ever since halo went Xbox exclusive but im curious what people think

do most of u prefer radar or no radar?

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get into the game - I'm Xbox, stuck at the spinning wheel at the title screen then it appears to freeze and just plays the music forever - what the hell?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
yes! this happened to me last night.

I think it has something to do with save game migrating from the cloud - I solved it by going into my settings and deleting EVERYWHERE my save data - on both console and cloud...lets me into the game but I get the error now saying to "restart to complete data migration"...worried I broke it but hey it lets me play the games now.
Did this and restarted the game a few times and finally got in. Lost all my old saved though but no big deal. Thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing co op through game pass? Does it user microsoft servers or does the party lead host the server? Its unbelievably laggy, takes 2 whole seconds for an input to go through in game. What's going on??
Haven't tried it myself but campaign co-op netcode for old Halo games uses a lock step method to keep the game states synced. It's very susceptible to stutter depending on network conditions.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Title Update. From Halopedia:

The Halo: Reach Title Update 1.1 was an update for Halo: Reach, created by 343 Industries, in conjunction with the Halo franchise transitioning from Bungie to 343. First revealed at Halo Fest in late August 2011 and released on September 21st, 2011, the update is unique in that it currently is gametype-based, and has not been directly applied to the full multiplayer game code.
When 343i took over Reach from Bungie back in the day, they released an update that made changes to a variety of aspects in certain modes. If you see a mode that has "TU" in its name, then it's using the settings from that update.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't tried it myself but campaign co-op netcode for old Halo games uses a lock step method to keep the game states synced. It's very susceptible to stutter depending on network conditions.
Well, I'm the host with a 1GB connection directly plugged into my modem. My brother is right down the street. Absolutely no reason there should be lag. It's literally a slide show

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Wow so the game run great for me on PC but WTF did they do to the voice over at the beginning cutscene? It sounds terrible! Is there a fix incoming for this?

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Bit disappointing they tested this for months but it's in a worse state then Eldewrito. Still fun though but feels like a beta build.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So the audio isn't going to be quick fix, I guess I'm done with this for a while. Not sure how that's possible when they've already known about it for months. What's the point of spending time playing a 10 year old game that has majorly gimped sound mixing compared to the original?

It wouldn't be The Master Chief collection if it wasn't broken for months/years after release. It's a tradition now!

I would really love to read a postmortem on the development of this collection.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
So the consensus is that bloom was a trash addition right? Or do people like it?

How did u all feel about Reach's additions like sprint, and loadouts? I hate that overcharge and camo arent pick ups anymore and it seems like sprint is the clear cut favourite armour ability

Armour Lock is useless and begs everyone to spam you with nades, jetpacking is fairly slow (are there areas only accessible to jetpacks?), the decoy is pretty fine, and camo seems half baked to me, though I guess it'd be OP if it didnt scramble your own radar

If im not mistaken, the original camo didnt expose you so much for moving, though I could be misremembering

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
So the consensus is that bloom was a trash addition right? Or do people like it?
If there was a concensus on anything, it wouldn't be a Halo thread.

My stance on the matter is that no-bloom (and to some degree even 85% TU bloom) makes the DMR too effective on long clean lines of sight, locking down map movement. I think Halo 4 in particular suffers badly for this reason; the gunplay "is good" in the sense that "it feels good to shoot" the weapons, but the manner in which this was accomplished has horrible consequences for map flow (and put ugly constraints on the map designers). For smaller maps in Reach this is less of a problem, so bloom is mostly just annoying and offers no benefits. (And even when the bloom is serving a useful role in the gunplay, it's annoying.)
The right solution isn't Reach-style bloom, it's projectiles.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So, has there been any explanation of this ranking system? How many points/how long a grind is it to tier 100? I'm at like tier 12 and I assume it'll be impossible to get to tier 100. And this season thing means it might all reset? Sounds uh, great.