• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just played 10 rounds of SWAT with my brother and I am in fucking love with this game again. Absolutely incredible game. Has some issues with the campaign but I got lucky with no audio issues. I'm so fucking happy. Worth $10.

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
So frustrated that there doesn't appear to be a way around the UE4-MCC Fatal Error on startup crash. Looking through the steam forums, halo waypoint, etc., it appears to be a problem that's persisted throughout all the test flights. I've tried updating my drivers to 441.41, changing the launch applications to run as admin, reinstalled and repaired EAC, turning off all the on-screen displays that I'm aware of. Absolutely nothing seems to work.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone is having the bad audio problem. Apparently it's a problem with the audio mix on modern hardware. Hopefully they can boost it even a little bit. In the meantime, turn your music down to around 80% helps the situation a bit.

Good tip, thanks.

Still, I am tempted to hold off playing it more for a few days until they properly fix audio.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Did a small skim but didn't see anything. Anyone getting stuck on the splash screen on the windows store/xbox game pass version? Just shows the splash screen in a window and nothing else, no sound or anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I'm sure this has been answered several times, but I couldn't find it, so: why is it installing the entirety of MCC on my Xbox again, not as an update, but as an entirely separate install grouped under the same game?

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lovely. Went to do Firefight and it's saying I don't have Reach installed (I do, X1X). Anyone figure out a fix for that?

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
How can be launched in such a piss poor state?

It's a 10 year old game.

The audio is fucked, there are no real graphics options and there's cutscene stuttering for some reason.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I should be able to access this game on PC if I bought it on Xbox when it launched years ago right? I'm looking at my xbox games list on the xbox website and I see my other old Xbox One games (including Halo 5) but not MCC...

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I should be able to access this game on PC if I bought it on Xbox when it launched years ago right? I'm looking at my xbox games list on the xbox website and I see my other old Xbox One games (including Halo 5) but not MCC...

No. MCC came out before the Play Anywhere program started so it doesn't fall into that coverage. You'll either have to buy it again on PC or subscribe to Game Pass.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
BTB games are taking a solid 3-4 minutes to get going/find players on US South Central. On launch day, when there's only one Halo game released thus far.

Man I miss the good ol days of sub 1min matches 24/7 with Halo.

EDIT: Also, is the loading bar for MP maps just for vanity? I'm taking a solid 20 sec on RAID0 Nvme 970 E. I can do first load of Skyrim in like 7 sec, lol.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
BTB games are taking a solid 3-4 minutes to get going/find players on US South Central. On launch day, when there's only one Halo game released thus far.

EDIT: Also, is the loading bar for MP maps just for vanity? I'm taking a solid 20 sec on RAID0 Nvme 970 E. I can do first load of Skyrim in like 7 sec, lol.

tbh it kinda feels like the matchmaking is slow regardless of playercount. Even in the US where everyone and their mother is playing the game, matches still take a bit to start.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
why do i need to use a currency to unlock season rewards if you can't choose the rewards

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Man, this launch is worse than I could have imagined.

The difference in quality and competency between the PC release of Reach vs the release of Gears 5 couldn't be more start to me. I don't want to say things like "poor effort", but I gotta say...this was a poor fucking effort. Lacking features, poor implementation of features, broken audio. Clunky aspects not being updated to work in a modern way on PC seems inexcusable.

At least after the opening I was able to play the game without issues. Just some random slow-down...but even that is odd given the game is only using about 27% of my GPU.

Also couldn't find a way to get the game to run above 60fps. Not sure if that's just a limitation even when set to "unlimited" framerate and disabled v-sync...or if it's just another broken feature.

I click play in the Xbox app and the app closes and nothing happens.
Launch from your Start menu or from the Xbox Companion App.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, three games - all three went to blue connection screen. One recovered after three minutes. The other two required a task manager quit after waiting 4-5 minutes each. That + extended player searching + long (for an old game) load times, and I just spent 40 minutes trying to play three games and I only got to finish one. I really don't understand why porting these super old games is proving so difficult time and time again.

Calling it a night :(

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You're waiting for everybody to load in.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I just got kicked out of my lobby for idling during matchmaking.

What am I supposed to do? Move the mouse around?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
why do i need to use a currency to unlock season rewards if you can't choose the rewards
Because this progression system wasn't well thought out and is basically just a worse version of the original progression system.

Edit: They probably wanted an easy way for the player to see what they were unlocking at each level. For those playing on Xbox, does that mean you can play content from other Halo games, and you're earning XP toward unlocking Reach armor? Is the implication that a 2nd season could add more armor?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Have the spawns always been like this? I feel like Im spawning right in line of sight of enemies. Feels impossible to get a rhythm going because I keep getting thirsted after a battle

Also, I really hate half these OBJ modes like territories. I just want to play some CTF and Bomb and Slayer, though mostly CTF, and I only want to play on a handful of maps

Wish we had a server list

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Seeing people having problems with any pc game\port makes me afraid to jump to it. Either everything thing is fine or it's one small thing that can screw ones experience

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
is gsync broken for anyone else? or is just me

Broken here. Noticed lots of others discussed it on earlier pages too. Some argue that actively turning it off even helps performance a bit, but I tried that and it feels like a placebo effect. Hard to tell but since its not working anyway I'll keep it off for this collection in Control Panel unless fixed.

Seeing people having problems with any pc game\port makes me afraid to jump to it. Either everything thing is fine or it's one small thing that can screw ones experience

The performance will vary and I haven't even tried MP yet.

The biggest issue I would argue is the audio right now. Like its unbearable at the moment. Gunfire sounds distant, tinny, and like its coming out of a far away echo tunnel. It's depressingly bad and such a moodkiller. Just the entire aural experience is way off and terrible sounding. Even crackles here and there. It's actually incredible MS would launch in such a state.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't your HP regen in SWAT?

God, I can't wait for Halo 3 to come out.

Is it normal that it takes a lot to find and connect to a match?
Solo or with other people in your party?

NAT type might have something to do with it if you don't have UPnP enabled on your router.

Edit: Connect to a match, or find people in matchmaking?

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Locking the game to 60fps and downscaling to 1440p and the game is smooth as butter. The animations in Reach are so dang good.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Completed solo legendary, got all of the data pads and only have a handful of those miscellaneous achievements left then there's LASO and playlist stuff left to do.