• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Are gamepass install just taking a really long time on windows?

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
Played 2-3 games on Swat and it's been really fun to visit Reach. Every match feels very intense.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with the sound mix in the PC version?

Voices are clear, but all other sound effects are totally muddy and at like half volume.

All my audio sliders are at 100, and I'm playing on a 5.1 system .

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Folks are getting sweaty in social of all things. I'm wishing horrible things on people who teabag me. I'm miserable playing Boardwalk and Countdown because they're trash ass maps.

Feels like 2010 all over again.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
150,000!!!!

0b8e1b3125cd25914cb1a84337fe3f17.png

Fantastic. I wonder if the hours spent there count, since it's on the Xbox Network, towards the "top-played" chart on the MS store as well. Would be awesome to see the game climb up there as well.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
I'm also kind of wondering why there's a war going on in the first place? Gears 4 had the same kind of problem, whatever's supposed to establish the conflict isn't explained at all. Why are the humans and the covenant fighting when I'm pretty sure they're both on equal footing and intelligent enough to communicate with each other? Why do the protags in Gears 4 hate living under the COG despite them I think being the good guys in the previous games, and the world having gone to shit? I shouldn't have to look up this kind of basic plot info.

Yeah, Reach while the story is supposed to be a standalone I guess some stuff won't be clear to new players. Hell, for what I remember of Halo CE. It's not clear why the Covenant is at war with humanity (unless you read the game manual). I believe Halo 2 does give more insight of why.

There is a long version and a very short version.

Short version. The leaders of the Covenant (theocracy) declared holy war against Humanity because humans are an offense to their gods. The Covenant have clear superiority in space combat and tech, humans do have a more even and even better performance on ground battles. Humanity is losing the war, hoping for a hail mary of some sort.

Long version. The leaders of the Covenant believe that the creators of all the advanced technology (like Halo) were able to transcend mortality and became gods, and their whole alliance (covenant) is built on that faith that by following their steps they themselves may become gods. There is lots of books behind what actually happened to them, and to be honest it would spoil all the Halo story to explain it further. Even if the games doesn't go as deep. But it would be more precise to say that the covenant leaders declared holy war against humanity to save their own positions of power. The very existence of humanity, if the rest of the Covenant became aware of all the details that the leaders of the Covenant learned, would disprove their faith. And since they are a theocracy.... yeah.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a single player game, it makes me just want to jump back into Destiny 2. That multiplayer pvp though, is as comfy as ever. Somethign baout the pacing and esign of the maps that still make it fun as hell.

A 30 FPS cap would have been nice, 343

RTSS if on PC. If its on a regular XB1 or S, then yeah, FPS caps should be mandatory.

Oct 17, 2018
It's pretty dumb that you can get kicked from searching in matchmaking for "idling" just because you didn't touch the game while you were searching.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with the sound mix in the PC version?

Voices are clear, but all other sound effects are totally muddy and at like half volume.

All my audio sliders are at 100, and I'm playing on a 5.1 system .

There's a known bug with the audio, they're still working on it.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Noooo what did they do to the campaign lobbies in the MCC!? The concept art was so good. These static pictures are boring D:<

It's even worse for Halo CE because that monstrosity of a design isn't even what they chose to go with in the final release 8 YEARS AGO

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
So how do I check my rank other than at the end of a match? It doesn't appear by my titlecard or in my career section.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh, can I not matchmake Invasion?

The like one thing I like about Reach

Edit: Oh, ranked?

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know which brain parasite patient decided to give everyone a DMR in the 8v8 playlist but they need to be committed. You can barely move without get 2 to 3 people chipping away at your health from the other side of the map.

Shambles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious about if Bungie's thank you message from the original will show up after you beat the campaign.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So what's the deal with this "tier" system for the armours? I need to get like to like, tier 70 to get the Mark V helmet huh? I'm sure it totally won't be a grind, cool. Glad this is what everyone wanted, right?

I have three "points" but still on tier 1. At least in the original game I could buy what I wanted, it seems like here it's all linear?

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Also seriously, what's the point of all the maps in this collection if 4/5 of my last big team battle games have been Tempest. It's so lame.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I have this on gamepass and I hit play and nothing happens

The game won't boot at all. Seems like a major bug? Anyone else have this happen and figured out a fix? I restarted my computer and it didn't fix it.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I have this on gamepass and I hit play and nothing happens

The game won't boot at all. Seems like a major bug? Anyone else have this happen and figured out a fix? I restarted my computer and it didn't fix it.
Yeah it's a bug with game pass. If you create a shortcut for your taskbar it'll launch. I had to do it earlier today.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Live is currently experiencing issues

Phew! I was worried the loading times were ridiculous, as I'm sitting here at a never ending loading screen.

Looks like Reach will have to wait until tomorrow for me.

Edit: Got to play a little campaign. Mmmm Halo with a mouse. Beautiful!

Last edited:

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Skullamanjaro medal is bugged, seems you get it for just scoring 10 points cumulatively in a Headhunter match instead of all at once.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halo: Reach's first day is filled with excitement, bugs, nostalgia trips, frustration, racism, iconic maps, and incredible custom games.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This just hard crashes when I launch from the start menu and nothing happens when I try to start from the gamepass thing.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
With every thread I read on the steam community page Im starting to think that community forums for game launchers are a mistake.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
What's wrong with it?

I don't recognize that aspect ratio, BTW. 1080p ultrawide monitors usually have 2560 horizontal pixels, not 2190.
I don't know where I got 2190, 2560 yeah.

And it refuses to allow me to set it. Fullscreen stretches 1920x1080 with no ultrawide options. Borderless is a floating 1920x1080 window on the left of the screen. and Windowed allows for 1920x822... but then it just sits in the middle of my ultrawide.