• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
And for those of us who suck really bad, it's constantly happening, lol.
Yup, haha. Oh well, it's alright. Playing the campaigns will be a blast once my mates download Reach. Co-op campaign is such a good feature.
Yeah, as I said. Reach caused me to want a 360, a year later I went with the PS3, switched over to PC for most of my gaming, got the PS4 and never looked back when it came to buying an Xbox, especially as soon as Xbox Play Anywhere became a thing.

On the one hand I regret not experiencing the height of the Halo hype, on the other hand I can experience Halo for the first time.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
First multiplayer match sure sucked. Every time I got shot the game went out of zoom. Don't know if there's something up with my mouse...

Oh well. I wanna play MCC for the campaigns anyway, so no loss
Design choice, it's a Halo thing and is seen in most including the most modern title i.e. Halo 5. The zoom's only suppose to be used in very specific situation rather than every fight like in other ganes, it's hip fire otherwise.

Oct 26, 2017
The infection version of Anchor 9 needs a serious rework, I recommend adding a lot of one way hard barriers that only the infected can use to traverse the outside.

Also could you guys make the jump height a bit higher?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Is reach part of the MCC collection or a separate download ? There's is a 43 GB update for the collection , is that for reach ?
Reach is a separate download. Halo: MCC is the launcher. For Reach, you can just download that.

Sadly, Reach keeps crashing with the "UNREAL ENGINE IS EXITING DUE TO D3D DEVICE BEING LOST" error. No other game does it. Going to roll back my drivers.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently I misunderstood what this was going to be. ONLY Reach is available on PC right now? I wanted to play the campaigns in order.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
First impressions mostly positive, however the sound is dreadful. Had issues with delayed weapon sounds and it sounds so muddy on the sfx, was reach always that way?

m23

Oct 25, 2017
First multiplayer match sure sucked. Every time I got shot the game went out of zoom. Don't know if there's something up with my mouse...

Oh well. I wanna play MCC for the campaigns anyway, so no loss

Don't play this like CoD or other shooters, you don't need to scope in to shoot people from close to mid range. Scoping is generally for long range battles.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently I misunderstood what this was going to be. ONLY Reach is available on PC right now? I wanted to play the campaigns in order.

yes

only reach is released today

we don't know how long until the other 5 games are coming but they will be released in order and it will probably be about ~2 months inbetween each title... (assuming Halo 3 and ODST are released at once)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Choosing which game to install on the Xbox one is still a gem. Just downloading Reach PvP. Why can't more games do this? Games that come with a campaign, survival mode and a PvP? Saves people time on what they'll really be playing.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
So is anyone playing with a gamepad? How does it fare against m/kb? I'm guessing m/kb destroys in SWAT, more interested in standard TTK gametype though.

legendofjelda

Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Started co-op online and we got about halfway into the first mission, silky smooth. Then suddenly connection trouble and we've been trying for about an hour to start again... no dice!
We took a break and tried Firefight and that worked well again, but when starting a campaign mission we can't keep a stable connection :/.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
okay, so I can't play more than one campaign mission either. After a mission ends, I just get an endless "loading" screen.

Can't play multi, can't play campaign, game just hits loading screens and then locks up. anyone else having these issues?

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Probably a stupid question but normal or heroic?
Heroic.

If you have any experience playing FPS normal will be too easy. If it's your first time playing Halo, but have FPS experience, after a few levels it will become too easy.

If I recall correctly Heroic used to have the tagline "the way Halo is intended to play" or something a long the lines. But maybe it was Legendary?, not sure.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm immensely confused. I want to buy Reach on Steam but I apparently need Master Chief Collection to play it (and I'm only interested in Reach). Why is Reach sold on its own as $10 DLC when it's included in the $40 bundle you need to play it anyway?

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
yes, but it's only reach that's really out of release order

the rest is coming in the right order at least
He means chronological order in terms of story.

Has anyone tested if the game has 5.1 audio on PC? I'm considering to play it in 4K60 on my TV with a controller and 5.1 audio or at my PC in 1440p with a mouse and my stereo headset.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Comp on PC

tenor.gif

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019

I was puzzled when so many big streamers left for that platform. Then I saw some B-tier Twitch streamer list his income breakdown a few weeks ago, and he was raking in like 53K a month averaging only like 2K viewers tops. Now it all makes sense. Those big named streamers don't necessarily care about viewerships details. Sponsorships play a huge part, and the large stipend they got to go over there don't hurt. Although I never really hear Shroud's name much anymore.

53K a month... geez

Doomg0d

Mar 26, 2019
Works great on my 680GTX/i5 2500k. Have it on enhanced 1080p, 60 fps. MP and SP all run silky smooth. But like many are saying the sound is putrid. I hope they patch that soon.

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia
I'm immensely confused. I want to buy Reach on Steam but I apparently need Master Chief Collection to play it (and I'm only interested in Reach). Why is Reach sold on its own as $10 DLC when it's included in the $40 bundle you need to play it anyway?
It's a little vague, but you don't need to buy the entire collection, just each DLC on it's own if you want.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I have it installed via game pass pc and i can't even get it to launch. I click play and it just does nothing. Anyone experience this?

Someone in here said it wouldn't launch from the PC gamepass app directly. You need to like add it to your task bar.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
welp

as a first time reach player, and a long time lover of Halo: CE (and Halo 2. if less so), I have to say: this is incredible so far.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Does MCC on Gamepass include Halo 1, 2 and 3? They seem to be greyed out for me? Please tell me that its not just Reach that was added to Game Pass for PC.

principal

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
i didn't know this was out tbh

$50 aussie buckaroos for all my Halo needs! = no brainer

but when are the other versions coming. I really on want to play the campaigns

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Is the sound really bad or is there a hidden setting somewhere? I'm using headphones but stuff like guns sound like they're in some bad surround emulation. Can't find detailed settings in game or in the game bar.

NightmareT

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
1st match, 1st win ggwp.

Feels very strange the multiplayer.

The game got stuck on the menu. I close alt+f4

and show

UE4 - MCC fatal error XD