• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Memphis, TN
Still disappointed this game is using Easy Anti-Cheat so I wont be able to play it on Linux using Proton. Proton has allowed me to play enough games I really only keep a windows partition around for Destiny 2 these days, but I suppose this just gives me another reason to keep it around.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't get it either. If you're so concerned about kbm differences, make it opt-in. Completely bone headed decision imo but par for the course for any 343 launch.

There's more to it than that. MCC was developed and released before their Play Anywhere initiative, and years before the PC release, so was never developed as cross-platform compatible. They've said they want to do it, but it's not just a flick of a switch, and their primary concern is getting the PC versions out the door.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any word on if the flaming helmet effects will be obtainable? Gonna miss my Bungie Day blue flame if it isn't in.

I remember that, is pretty cool. I imagine they've got everything, how they unlock I don't know, obviously not the way they did back then, didn't you have to play a Bungie person or was that another thing.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
saeOlTM.jpg

Just got my review code but I still can't play till launch, just 1 hour and 20 minutes to go!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The entire reach ranking system is coming back with all the armor and I believe all the effects but don't quote me on that
I just wasn't sure about the flaming helmets in particular since they weren't part of the original progression system.

I remember that, is pretty cool. I imagine they've got everything, how they unlock I don't know, obviously not the way they did back then, didn't you have to play a Bungie person or was that another thing.
The blue flame was originally only for Bungie employees, but on Bungie Day one year, they gave it to anyone who downloaded the Halo: Reach iOS app, along with the Bungie and All Star nameplates. That's how I got mine.

Last edited:

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just want sure about the flaming helmets in particular since they weren't part of the original progression system.

The blue flame was originally only for Bungie employees, but on Bungie Day one year, they gave it to anyone who downloaded the Halo: Reach iOS app, along with the Bungie and All Star nameplates. That's how I got mine.

I got the blue flame because I bought the 200 dollar edition of the game lol, but I'm 99% sure every armor effects will be including in the progression system.

Unlovedjew

Oct 26, 2017
Part of me wonders if Microsoft will release a full version of the new MCC with Reach and ODST on disc. I'd love to just have a physical copy.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Jumping the gun here, but is Halo 1 on the MCC just the original or is it a remaster of sorts?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Jumping the gun here, but is Halo 1 on the MCC just the original or is it a remaster of sorts?
It's essentially the original game, with updated graphics that can be enabled or disabled on the fly with the press of a button. Can also choose between the original or redone soundtrack in the game's settings. But in terms of gameplay, it's mostly unchanged aside from some mostly minor things.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's the remastered campaign with the option to switch to original graphics from 2011 and the full multiplayer suite from the 2003 PC version
It will be Halo CE Anniversary. The one that lets you switch between original and remastered graphics.
It's essentially the original game, with updated graphics that can be enabled or disabled on the fly with the press or a button. Can also choose between the original or redone soundtrack in the game's settings. But in terms of gameplay, it's mostly unchanged aside from some mostly minor things.
All games will be remastered
Got it, thanks.

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
even though Reach is my least favourite Halo, I'm SO excited to have a proper Halo experience on PC again Halo 5 Forge was serviceable for a bit, though. HYPE!!!

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Will Halo 3 be fully remastered just like 1 and 2?
As far as we know, they aren't doing an Anniversary version of 3 or 4. They should just be the Xbox One MCC versions (basically the original games, with some enhancements here and there).

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Should I be buying on Steam or Windows for the best playerbase? I'd usually assume Steam but Gamepass throws a wrench into the whole thing.

wookybro

Dec 30, 2018
Time to download and be disappointed when the servers get destroyed on PC.

Well, at least we'll still be able to play campaign