• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My playlist at work all day today
'
49163357018_9681e0c5a1_o.png

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I should have done my research ahead of time, but I just realized Reach won't have cross-play between Xbox and PC. That's a bummer as I was hoping to play with my co-worker who doesn't own an Xbox.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Honestly I'm with you when CS removed the cross team chat I actually stopped playing the game. As me talking and having funny shit happen during the warm up with the other team was great. Or when we would trash each other at half time. It's so boring now not getting that.
My mind is blown because I finally realized what the exact change about CSGO that made me perma-quit and it was definitely THAT. There really was something special about the halftime shit talk that was reminiscent of early 2000's internet lobbies. Fuck, I miss that. Now the game fucking hides your name and replaces it with a color for your teammates. So much faith held in the CSGO community. As if it didn't exist for like pretty much 15 years before valve decided they knew better for us then we did.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
I should have done my research ahead of time, but I just realized Reach won't have cross-play between Xbox and PC. That's a bummer as I was hoping to play with my co-worker who doesn't own an Xbox.

Yeah I don't get it either. If you're so concerned about kbm differences, make it opt-in. Completely bone headed decision imo but par for the course for any 343 launch.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Hoping it's a smooth launch. MCC launching in a semi unplayable state hurt it in the long run, if this isn't smooth enough off the cuff expect the population to wither off. I personally am in for the long haul.

The Bad Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there cross save/progress between the PC Microsoft store and Steam version? I don't see myself subscribing to game pass forever. I want to be able to buy the steam version down the line and carry over my progress.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
thinking about flying through the skies of New Alexandria again while its pouring rain and Covenant ships patrol hnnnnggggg

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Haven't played since the original Halo on the first xbox, which I still remember well. Never got 2 despite loving the first game and I never had another xbox. Really excited for this and less than 3 hours to go (to start downloading it anyway).

The multiplayer was awesome and the campaign fights were something special at the time. Hope it holds up reasonably well.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Absolutely pumped to play through this again. Wish my old MP group was still around. We played Reach more than any other entry in the series.

I don't think I'll play the multiplayer much this time around, but I need to armor lock on Sword Base at least once.

Oct 27, 2017
My playlist at work all day today
'
49163357018_9681e0c5a1_o.png
Reach really feels like the foundation that was laid for Bungie's Destiny franchise and it's even more evident for me with the music from the game as even though Marty isn't there anymore I can still feel/hear all this coming through and influenced in Destiny's music today...completely interchangeable.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Alot of people who havent played Halo in a while will shed a tear when Halo MCC start menu pops up.

Oct 27, 2017
Concerning the soundtrack and music from Reach...

About 6 minutes in on Oni: Sword Base...that's Destiny. The main menu music from Reach too...straight Destiny.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
They didn't fix the weak sound in time for launch right?

is this a new issue with the port or is it just being true to the old release? iirc reach and 4 both had pretty hefty and bad sound compression when they came out originally. either way, would be nice to have the sound touched up

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it is.

EDIT: Above is right, I forgot all about Halo Wars. Wars occurs in 2531 while Reach occurs in 2552

So your order is, if I'm not mistaken

1. Halo Wars (2531)
2. Halo: Reach (2552)
3. Halo: CE (2552)
4. Halo 2 (2552)
5. Halo 3: ODST (2552, during the events of Halo 2)
6. Halo 3 (2552)
7. Halo 4 (2557)
8. Halo 5: Guardians (2558)
9. Halo Wars 2 (2559)
wait what? Every Bungie Halo takes place in one year?

swimming

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
think i played this one the most out of all of em lol. SWAT was so good in this god damn game. even local multi was fire

do i have to do anything to dl it or is it just an update

J75

Sep 29, 2018
So it's the uncapped frame rate on Reach still classified as ''unstable at launch''? Wonder if i should tempt faith and try it uncapped or just stick with 60.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
My mind is blown because I finally realized what the exact change about CSGO that made me perma-quit and it was definitely THAT. There really was something special about the halftime shit talk that was reminiscent of early 2000's internet lobbies. Fuck, I miss that. Now the game fucking hides your name and replaces it with a color for your teammates. So much faith held in the CSGO community. As if it didn't exist for like pretty much 15 years before valve decided they knew better for us then we did.
Yup it's really a dumb fucking change too with their reason "teambuilding, and strategy". I was seriously shocked because like literally who the fuck does actual team building/strats even during the damn warm up.

The colors and names can be changed back in the settings but it feels so dead now compared to before.

Literally removed the community out of CS.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Any word on if the flaming helmet effects will be obtainable? Gonna miss my Bungie Day blue flame if it isn't in.