• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

legendofjelda

Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Or make Halo 5 playable on PC at least. Gonna suck for people who want to follow the story to skip to Infinite without having access to part 5.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Or make Halo 5 playable on PC at least. Gonna suck for people who want to follow the story to skip to Infinite without having access to part 5.

It really does suck they haven't ported it. It should be ported right after 4 or something. The population might not be the hugest, but it should still be playable on PC.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I heard on the latest Major Nelson podcast you can pre-install the game via game pass. I just went on my PC and it only downloaded a 10mb file?

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I think the OT could need a FAQ since the same questions have been repeated several times, e.g. Crossplay between Windows Store, Steam and consoles.
Friendly reminder that not everyone will be replaying this game. There are plenty of people who have never played Reach before, or even a Halo game in general. I ain't one of them, but please be considerate and use spoiler tags :(
Agreed.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Building up some hype by watching PC gameplay on Youtube at work lol. I'm so goddamn excited, although I'm also a tiiiiny bit concerned about the mouse input and the strange delay/lag I'm seeing in some videos, particularly obvious when throwing grenades, killing by sniper headshots, shooting the rocket launcher etc. Really hoping we'll get a polished game today.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Friendly reminder that not everyone will be replaying this game. There are plenty of people who have never played Reach before, or even a Halo game in general. I ain't one of them, but please be considerate and use spoiler tags :(
Yep, this will be my first Halo game ever, I have been patiently waiting for the saga to come to PC

Silencio

Oct 25, 2017
I hope its possible to zoom in with the sniper on PC in the same way as consoles. Having a seperate button for zoom and it not reseting once you come out of scope was annoying in the flight.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I want to install this on two of my PCs at home. Is there any way to download it just one time and transfer it to the other PC through the Microsoft Store version? I know there's a way to do that on Xbox One, but I'm not sure about PC. My data cap is going to take a hit otherwise.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
This takes me back...actually nostalgic.

No one these days will really ever experience MW2 or a toxic Halo lobby before a match. The shit talk, garbage mic quality, the amount of men that have been with your mother (and good game on top of that). Good times.

(CS and League can get close when it comes to toxicity but its honestly just not the same.)
Ooh, what great memories

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to get home and play some 60FPS Reach Infection. Still got the whole day ahead of me though :(

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Honestly would have been the perfect time to put it on PC. Now there's a lot of Halo that'll be coming.

They will be doing a halo title at best every 2-3 months for mcc on PC. So unless infinite is delayed, H5 would probably clash with that launch and I can't see them doing that. I'll be amazed if they even get them all out before infinite not including H5 tbh.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
This takes me back...actually nostalgic.

No one these days will really ever experience MW2 or a toxic Halo lobby before a match. The shit talk, garbage mic quality, the amount of men that have been with your mother (and good game on top of that). Good times.

(CS and League can get close when it comes to toxicity but its honestly just not the same.)
Honestly I'm with you when CS removed the cross team chat I actually stopped playing the game. As me talking and having funny shit happen during the warm up with the other team was great. Or when we would trash each other at half time. It's so boring now not getting that.

One of the largest reasons I bought cod was getting to experience that again in the lobbies. Sure it's gonna be a lot more rare but I believe it was something that honestly changed a games online experience.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any sort of timetable on when the rest of the collection will be released? I know its on me, but I didn't realize this was only for Reach today and I bought the whole MCC. I wish I would have waited now, or if they made it a bit clearer that this 'collection' is only one game right now.

Either way I'm not returning it, but I would have waited otherwise. Will be cool to revisit Reach, loved the campaign but was the beginning of the end of Halo MP for me.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Shout out needed to Splash Damage also btw. Sure 343 is in charge of it. But SD does alot of the work also or maybe even more

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is there any sort of timetable on when the rest of the collection will be released? I know its on me, but I didn't realize this was only for Reach today and I bought the whole MCC. I wish I would have waited now, or if they made it a bit clearer that this 'collection' is only one game right now.

Either way I'm not returning it, but I would have waited otherwise. Will be cool to revisit Reach, loved the campaign but was the beginning of the end of Halo MP for me.

The original timetable was -all- the Halo games being out by the end of 2019. Obviously that's out the window now, so we have no idea what the real timetable will be right now.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The original timetable was -all- the Halo games being out by the end of 2019. Obviously that's out the window now, so we have no idea what the real timetable will be right now.

That was never a thing.

This is the timetable

or the first time, the series that changed console gaming forever comes to PC with six blockbuster games in one epic experience. This bundle includes all titles in the collection that will be delivered over time, beginning now with Halo: Reach and ending with Halo 4 in 2020.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Have not played through the Reach campaign since around when it launched, and the multiplayer never quite held my attention like Halo 2 and 3 did. I am quite looking forward to this.
Not a word about Halo 5 joining The Master Chief Collection.
I am still holding out hope that 5 comes to PC, even if it's a ways down the line. Crossplay between PC and Xbox for the MCC would be lovely too.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, that explains why I couldn't find a solid answer online. Thanks.

Makes the whole thing that much more annoying, but oh well! I've been waiting years I can wait a few more months. I look forward to playing the campaigns as they drop.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That timetable was only mentioned in one place back at the original PC announcement. All of the messaging since then (and even at that time, through other avenues) has been that the games will be out when they're done, 2019 or otherwise.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I distinctly recall reading from multiple sources that the dev time was hoping to have them all out this year. Not like an official announcement but an offhand target.
I need to see those. And thats no official statement also. One time Splash Damage made a error with a listing. But 343 quickly reacted on that and said it wasnt true. And they would come when they were ready.
Plan is now. All games before the end of 2020

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Something of note.

Hi! We're still working to improve this down the road, but for now you will have an option when you launch to bypass anticheat [to enable mods]. This will allow you to play around with campaign and customs but not allow you to play any match made games. I highly suggest making a copy/backup of anything you modify so you'll be able to switch back and forth easily.
Something along these lines was mentioned in a blog post on Waypoint, but it was only implied there, whereas this confirms that the game will be friendly towards modding.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
SD are a really underrated team who have done some great stuff through the years. Glad to see them still going strong.
They seem tight with MS also. Splash Damage also worked alot on Gears 4 and 5.
Now they are in "charge" of Gears Tactics. And they also work on MCC atm and on Halo Infinite.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Presumably Cortana isnt in this but is there an AI in the game story wise?

Also would love to see Halo 5 come to PC as well...

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Has 343 said anything about the pace at which the other games will be coming out? I'm not expecting it to be quick, in any case.
no clear timetable but they will come faster then reach as they used reach to get all the backend stuff going. i think flights for ce start early next year

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait to play tonight. Re-watching some of those promo commercials really got me back in the vibe.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit, I barely realised we were already in December and thought this was out on Friday. Might have to grab it tonight, fair play to Microsoft for the way they've priced these.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Is it going to be possible with mods to remove the characters left shoulder from view when using wider FOVs?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've been this excited to play Halo since the H5 beta