• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I might need to buy this on Steam strictly for the modding community. I cannot wait to see what comes of MCC over the next year.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Hobbes
SOCIAL GAMES
  • 4v4 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, Snipers, and Grifball*
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Tempest, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
    • Settings: Title Update (Grifball is Vanilla)
Question about this. Am I able to select just SWAT or just Slayer in 4v4, or is there one 4v4 playlist that randomly goes between all these?

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I think currently it would be be the control types you're playing against since it sounds like PC will mix controller and KB/M to begin.

There's no console/PC crossplay at launch.
Thanks. The lack of crossplay makes the decision easy since my friends are on console. I'll try the PC version at a later date then.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
I've played an unhealthy amount of Reach Doubles. It had Slayer, Slayer DMRs, Oddball, and King of the Hill. Very happy that it's getting some new game modes!

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
SWAT is the greatest game mode every created in Halo. Why do you think its got a big ol spot in the OT?
Because you have bad taste. 🤷‍♀️ It's a gametype that removes Halo's main characteristics, map control and a TTK that rewards skill and not who saw who first.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Question about this. Am I able to select just SWAT or just Slayer in 4v4, or is there one 4v4 playlist that randomly goes between all these?

You can select SWAT or Slayer only with the match composer, just know it'll (possibly) increase how long it takes you to get into a game.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
DECEMBER 3EACH

hYPhEpf.gif

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SWAT is the greatest game mode every created in Halo. Why do you think its got a big ol spot in the OT?

Well the way Moose worded it was mean but he has the right point.

SWAT basically turns Halo into a separate game. An unfortunately popular one. I had friends who insisted on playing nothing but SWAT but I always felt it was so frustrating and boring. To me, what set Halo apart from other shooters was that long firefight dance you would have against other players. Where you can utilize your movement, grenades, melee, and shooting to win. That plus being able to lock down certain areas of the map so you can use more powerful weapons.

SWAT basically distilled all the unique parts of Halo down to have it mimic CoD and the other popular shooters of the time where its about running around and very quickly killing people before they can react.

It's still hugely popular and won't be going anywhere.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Hobbes

Can you add something like this to the OP:

Day 1 matchmaking playlists:

SOCIAL GAMES
  • 1v1 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer
    • Maps: Countdown, Zealot, and Forge World (MLG Element, MLG Sanctuary)
    • Settings: Hardcore ZBNS
  • 2v2 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag & Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial
    • Maps: Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Anchor 9, Battle Canyon, Solitary, and Forge World (Asylum, Select)
    • Settings: Title Update
  • 4v4 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, Snipers, and Grifball*
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Tempest, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
    • Settings: Title Update (Grifball is Vanilla)
  • 8p FFA Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, and Snipers
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
  • 12p FFA Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Infection
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Condemned, Penance, Solitary, and Breakneck
    • Settings: Vanilla
  • 8v8 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, and Snipers
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, Tempest, Highlands, Ridgeline, High Noon, Breakneck, and Forge World (various)
COMPETITIVE GAMES
  • Halo: Reach Team Hardcore
    • Game Variants: Hardcore Slayer, Hardcore CTF 3, Hardcore CTF 5, and Hardcore King
    • Maps: Countdown, Zealot, Battle Canyon, Penance, Forge World (MLG Sanctuary, MLG Pit, MLG Nexus)
    • Settings: Hardcore ZBNS (based on MLG v7)
  • Invasion
    • Game Variants: Invasion
    • Maps: Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, and Forge World (Broadcast, Floodgate, Overgrowth, Refinery)
    • Settings: Vanilla
FIREFIGHT
  • Heroic Firefight Limited
    • Game Variants: Firefight Limited and Generator Defense Limited
    • Maps: Beachhead, Corvette, Courtyard, Glacier, Holdout, Outpost, Overlook, Waterfront, Unearthed, and Installation 04
  • Firefight Arcade
    • Game Variants: Arcadefight, Fiestafight, Fistfight, FRGfight, Nadefight, Plasmafight, Rocketfight, and Sniperfight
    • Maps: Beachhead, Corvette, Courtyard, Glacier, Holdout, Outpost, Overlook, Waterfront, Unearthed, and Installation 04
So uhhh this is a little overwhelming, does the game just randomly choose a mode? Seems like the community would be split across so many gamemodes.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
So keen for BTB and Invasion. Ready for the memories of Boneyard and Spire to come flooding back :')

After whetting my firefight appetite at XO19 I'm ready for more.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
So uhhh this is a little overwhelming, does the game just randomly choose a mode? Seems like the community would be split across so many gamemodes.
You can choose what game type you want to play. That's a good amount of game types to launch with, Halo games have always had a ton of game modes (except 4 and 5) and population has never been an issue.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's not! There's a dedicated amount of players who stick to the main game types and a dedicated amount of players who play the off hand ones. Usually game types are rotated in and out as well.

AnnoyinSwami

Oct 30, 2017
Hey does anyone know if you have to buy the full MCC on steam to play Reach or if I can just buy Reach separately?

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because you have bad taste. 🤷‍♀️ It's a gametype that removes Halo's main characteristics, map control and a TTK that rewards skill and not who saw who first.

There are many times in Swat when a player with bad aim will spot a player first but will be killed by the player he spotted because he missed.

Don't forget that pro and hardcore game types like to remove weapon and sandbox elements just because they think utility weapons are the only things that matter in Halo.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so ready for some armor locker to kill me while I sprint around with my sword. The rage will fill my soul.

God I love this game.

Also bring back squad slayer

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All of my years I've never seen anyone really hate SWAT in Halo. Amazing.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How would you guys say the campaign compares to the rest of the series? I've never played Reach.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I'm beyond excited to play Exodus at 1080p 60 fps. (I don't have a 4K TV). Reach really does have the most replayable campaign in the series for me.

How would you guys say the campaign compares to the rest of the series? I've never played Reach.

Well, it's the most fun and varied one, in my opinion. It has by far the greatest number of enemy types, and there are some excellent missions like SWORD Base, Exodus, New Alexandria and Long Night of Solace. It's a blast to play through.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
All of my years I've never seen anyone really hate SWAT in Halo. Amazing.
I don't hate Swat I just don't recognize it as a core gametype, it's a step above gimmicks in action sack. Also I was being facetious about removing it from playlists.

Oct 26, 2017
God this makes me so hype, especially seeing the PC community be able to discover such great games for the first time...

Makes me sad to see the way Halo has gone this decade, I really hope Infinite can turn things around.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Please don't ban me but ODST is probably my second least favorite after 5 in terms of campaign. Reach I enjoyed and was pretty decent at the multiplayer.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

You can do the same btw on the windows store and Xbox. Just download the gamepass app

Last edited:

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the lack of pre-load is there as a way to limit the amount of people logging into the game all at once given people have different download speeds.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm gonna wait until Combat Evolved comes out before getting the MCC, but I'm glad to see the Halo games finally having an updated version for PC. My wife didn't play games until recently, and the Halo series is the set of co-op campaigns I've been itching to play through with her.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care what anyone else thinks. Armour Lock is amazing in BTB.
BTB allows more use of Armor Lock as originally intended (i.e anti-vehicle)

Armor Lock was mostly fine after the TU, anyway. No longer a get out of jail free card for sticky nades, reduced rapid activations, shortened overall duration etc.