• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
No way that's just for Reach right? Surely that's the entirety of MCC otherwise it'd be so incompetent to not have preload.
Keep in mind this was an accidental push so file size can change.

f2506ab4-89ae-4d9f-915c-99000e59ae33.PNG

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is Halo MP accessible to get into for newcomers?

Asking in as both a newcomer to Halo and as a relative newcomer to multiplayer shooters. I got to first prestige in Titanfall 2, usually with the lowest kills/most deaths on a team, so that's about where my MP shooting experience is at

Its a very different play style to something like Titanfall, but if you play 20/30 matches, watch some gameplay of pros on youtube, some tip videos, you'll get the hang of it.

Jun 17, 2018
I hope this goes up on xbox sooner than 6pm tomorrow, bummer if not. I also hope that 343 sort out the competitive playlist on Xbox, it's empty most of the time and full of shit modes.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Dammit won't play this on launch day. Still playing through Pillars of Eternity 2. :D

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed about the globally timed release but I can't wait to play tomorrow.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Hobbes

Can you add something like this to the OP:

Day 1 matchmaking playlists:

SOCIAL GAMES
  • 1v1 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer
    • Maps: Countdown, Zealot, and Forge World (MLG Element, MLG Sanctuary)
    • Settings: Hardcore ZBNS
  • 2v2 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag & Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial
    • Maps: Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Anchor 9, Battle Canyon, Solitary, and Forge World (Asylum, Select)
    • Settings: Title Update
  • 4v4 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, Snipers, and Grifball*
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Tempest, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
    • Settings: Title Update (Grifball is Vanilla)
  • 8p FFA Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, and Snipers
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
  • 12p FFA Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Infection
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Condemned, Penance, Solitary, and Breakneck
    • Settings: Vanilla
  • 8v8 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, and Snipers
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, Tempest, Highlands, Ridgeline, High Noon, Breakneck, and Forge World (various)
COMPETITIVE GAMES
  • Halo: Reach Team Hardcore
    • Game Variants: Hardcore Slayer, Hardcore CTF 3, Hardcore CTF 5, and Hardcore King
    • Maps: Countdown, Zealot, Battle Canyon, Penance, Forge World (MLG Sanctuary, MLG Pit, MLG Nexus)
    • Settings: Hardcore ZBNS (based on MLG v7)
  • Invasion
    • Game Variants: Invasion
    • Maps: Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, and Forge World (Broadcast, Floodgate, Overgrowth, Refinery)
FIREFIGHT
  • Heroic Firefight Limited
    • Game Variants: Firefight Limited and Generator Defense Limited
    • Maps: Beachhead, Corvette, Courtyard, Glacier, Holdout, Outpost, Overlook, Waterfront, Unearthed, and Installation 04
  • Firefight Arcade
    • Game Variants: Arcadefight, Fiestafight, Fistfight, FRGfight, Nadefight, Plasmafight, Rocketfight, and Sniperfight
    • Maps: Beachhead, Corvette, Courtyard, Glacier, Holdout, Outpost, Overlook, Waterfront, Unearthed, and Installation 04

mreastman

Prophet of Truth
Jan 2, 2018
Hobbes

Can you add something like this to the OP:

Day 1 matchmaking playlists:

SOCIAL GAMES
  • 1v1 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer
    • Maps: Countdown, Zealot, and Forge World (MLG Element, MLG Sanctuary)
    • Settings: Hardcore ZBNS
  • 2v2 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag & Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial
    • Maps: Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Anchor 9, Battle Canyon, Solitary, and Forge World (Asylum, Select)
  • 4v4 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, Snipers, and Grifball*
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Tempest, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
  • 8p FFA Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, and Snipers
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
  • 12p FFA Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Infection
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Condemned, Penance, Solitary, and Breakneck
  • 8v8 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, and Snipers
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, Tempest, Highlands, Ridgeline, High Noon, Breakneck, and Forge World (various)
COMPETITIVE GAMES
    • Game Variants: Hardcore Slayer, Hardcore CTF 3, Hardcore CTF 5, and Hardcore King
    • Maps: Countdown, Zealot, Battle Canyon, Penance, Forge World (MLG Sanctuary, MLG Pit, MLG Nexus)
  • Invasion
    • Maps: Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, and Forge World (Broadcast, Floodgate, Overgrowth, Refinery)
FIREFIGHT
  • Heroic Firefight Limited
    • Game Variants: Firefight Limited and Generator Defense Limited
  • Firefight Arcade
    • Game Variants: Arcadefight, Fiestafight, Fistfight, FRGfight, Nadefight, Plasmafight, Rocketfight, and Sniperfight
What?? No BTB on launch?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I was worried about this. This map pool for hardcore is very limited. I don't want to play shitty Reach with armor abilities and 75% bloom, and hardcore is going to be sweaty and feature less maps. Unfortunately there's no ideal form of Halo Reach, at least having a toggle for classic settings in mixtape would help (No AAs, even starts).

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
What?? No BTB on launch?

It's 8v8

I was worried about this. This map pool for hardcore is very limited. I don't want to play shitty Reach with armor abilities and 75% bloom and hardcore is going to be sweaty and feature less maps.

I mean, that was always a problem for Reach in general since all the non-Forge maps are campaign locations. The balance in the majority of the non-forge maps was awful.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Updated OP with launch day times and matchmaking playlists. Please check to make sure when the game is available to you and what you can play!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Also in regards to matchmaking, keep in mind MCC features a match composer so you can be incredibly selective of what you actually want to play, it will just extend your wait time.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
It's 8v8

I mean, that was always a problem for Reach in general since all the non-Forge maps are campaign locations. The balance in the majority of the non-forge maps was awful.
Yeah at least a few more maps for hardcore would be nice Anchor 9, Condemned and Solitary.

Also in regards to matchmaking, keep in mind MCC features a match composer so you can be incredibly selective of what you actually want to play, it will just extend your wait time.

If only mixtape matchmaking had a classic toggle for Reach and 4 that removed AAs and loadouts.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
God bless the return of Firefight. Still boggling that ODST Firefight isn't in this still though, but oh, we just had to include the god awful Spartan Ops.

RustedEdge

Aug 17, 2019
I was worried about this. This map pool for hardcore is very limited. I don't want to play shitty Reach with armor abilities and 75% bloom, and hardcore is going to be sweaty and feature less maps. Unfortunately there's no ideal form of Halo Reach, at least having a toggle for classic settings in mixtape would help (No AAs, even starts).

Hardcore has the best maps, I'm so happy I don't have to fucking touch sword base or the cage in that playlist

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Hardcore has the best maps, I'm so happy I don't have to fucking touch sword base or the cage in that playlist
Yeah I'm glad Sword base, powerhouse and boardwalk aren't there as they're all bad but a few more DLC maps would be nice.

God bless the return of Firefight. Still boggling that ODST Firefight isn't in this still though, but oh, we just had to include the god awful Spartan Ops.
Bummer it's the worst version.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
They've acknowledged demand for ODST Firefight in the past. Fingers crossed that they add it in eventually. Hopefully when ODST's campaign is released for PC.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
  • 4v4 Matchmaking
  • 8v8 Matchmaking
COMPETITIVE GAMES
  • Invasion

Really great to see the DLC maps in the 4v4 and 8v8 playlist. Can't wait.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, tomorrow? For some reason I thought it was next Tuesday. Work is fucking with my concept of time.

And I have the day off tomorrow, so I'm gonna enjoy this!

J75

Sep 29, 2018
The 34GB size makes me hopeful that it isnt a glitch and it means 4K textures but yeah, i doubt it.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide whether to head straight for the vault or straight for the club. Or maybe I should see if I can hop in a Seraph.