• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Hire modders. Allow full freedom. Save Halo.
I got up on my soapbox pre-release and said that modding tools and not Forge should be Halo's future.

The industry is behind tapping into the success of Skyrim's modding community which kept that game relevant for over a decade.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I caught up on the show and I honestly don't hate it. I suppose not being a super fan that has read all the books and whatnot helps since I'm sure the show totally shits on all of it but taken as some side universe thing I think they've done a good job so far.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Good afternoon to all Sidewinder/Avalanche fans. Yes even FUNKNOWN if he is one.

Oct 25, 2017
Good afternoon to all Sidewinder/Avalanche fans. Yes even FUNKNOWN if he is one.
SyO0cvA.gif

One of my top favorites from H1 (and also the H3 form). I was addicted to fucking around on Sidewinder one whole summer.

Wait, is there news? Sounds like I need to do some googling...
Edit: Ooohhhh that looks a whole lot like Avalanche. 😁 Snowy U shaped map, an open path to the middle inside the frigate, the side ledges with the man cannons, it looks like a good match to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You ain't lived unless you traversed on top of Sidewinder or bopped yourself through the power up gate.

Legendary map.

Oct 25, 2017
Eagerly anticipating Sidewinder's grandson in Infinite. From what I can tell so far, I like the ways they've mixed it up from avalanche.
Is the source reliable? I see a lot of reposts, not certain where it originated.

Once upon a time I missed Sidewinder so much that I put a lot of work into a remake for Halo 5 in Forge. Had some fun games. It was before forge got all those nice new updates though.

A3tEOvcl.png

3QPWTKxl.png

YlFFYjul.png

dgikVnnl.png

z8ucpECl.png

omE2jcvl.png

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Flood FF is interesting, but after two rounds I'm over it. It's pretty easy (especially if you get a ghost). The only time it gets remotely hard is the bonus round with the Sentinels because they hit like a truck. However, it is cool to see them adding new content to MCC. I'm still hoping we get some more Halo Online and H2A maps.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Getting back into MCC is hard. It's just premades of people that haven't stopped playing this game.

Dec 21, 2017
Flood FF is interesting, but after two rounds I'm over it. It's pretty easy (especially if you get a ghost). The only time it gets remotely hard is the bonus round with the Sentinels because they hit like a truck. However, it is cool to see them adding new content to MCC. I'm still hoping we get some more Halo Online and H2A maps.
Been asking for H2A Midship for years.

EDIT: Found another YouTuber that covered the mongoose. They also don't mention how to spawn it. But you CAN drive it with the elite.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Damn, noticed Spartan Ops was moved to Firefight and thought that might mean it had matchmaking now. Nope. Probably won't happen at this point as I'm sure the demand is nonexistent, but it would be nice if that and campaign matchmaking came back. I think that's the only missing feature at this point?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Damn, noticed Spartan Ops was moved to Firefight and thought that might mean it had matchmaking now. Nope. Probably won't happen at this point as I'm sure the demand is nonexistent, but it would be nice if that and campaign matchmaking came back. I think that's the only missing feature at this point?

I refuse to touch Spartan Ops solo. Miserable experience. Should of launched with matchmaking but 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Used to love the random after hours itch to jump into campaign matchmaking and bang out a couple of random missions.

It's the little things that when added up make a memorable experience. Campaign matchmaking is one of 'em, and Spartan Ops matchmaking would get me to actually play those.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
I was playing Halo CE campaign earlier today (MCC, Xbox Series X) and I noticed some weird sound issue.

When I fire my weapon while walking forward, the firing sound is coming from "behind" me, out of my rear surround sound speakers. (I have a 5.1 setup)

But when I walk backwards while shooting, the firing noise correctly comes out out of my front speakers.

It's like the sound is "following" me, or "trailing" behind my movement. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: so it's only on classic graphics and only halo CE, so maybe it's just a quirk of CE I didn't notice before?

Last edited:

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know the legalities if 343 were to gather a few good custom made maps made through the mod tools and release them officially?

Would they treat it the same as a community made forge map or would they have to pay the modder?

It would be cool to get a H2A pack of maps.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Edit: so it's only on classic graphics and only halo CE, so maybe it's just a quirk of CE I didn't notice before?
I have a theory, but I'm curious if you are running at 60hz or 120hz? My guess is the sound objects updates aren't properly linked to the interpolated camera position, or maybe some legacy sound code that only updated at 30hz, depending on your answer.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Anyone know the legalities if 343 were to gather a few good custom made maps made through the mod tools and release them officially?

Would they treat it the same as a community made forge map or would they have to pay the modder?

It would be cool to get a H2A pack of maps.
I think Postums said they might look into something, no promises.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I know I said this before, but will they PLEASE fix the contrast and blackness of H2A. Trying to play SWAT and I can't even see the blue team half the time because they just blend into the background.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
To continue with my point, it is amazing how good H3 still looks. Going from dark ass H2A where you can't see shit to H3 which is vibrant and colorful.

It's 2022 and H3 still looks damn good.

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing Halo CE campaign earlier today (MCC, Xbox Series X) and I noticed some weird sound issue.

When I fire my weapon while walking forward, the firing sound is coming from "behind" me, out of my rear surround sound speakers. (I have a 5.1 setup)

But when I walk backwards while shooting, the firing noise correctly comes out out of my front speakers.

It's like the sound is "following" me, or "trailing" behind my movement. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have read someone saying that this is a new bug

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm over MCC again. Every game is just against premades of Tour 9s and 10s that just end up Steaktaculars. I don't mind losing, but this is literally no fun just being constantly dumped on every game.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm over MCC again. Every game is just against premades of Tour 9s and 10s that just end up Steaktaculars. I don't mind losing, but this is literally no fun just being constantly dumped on every game.

It feels like they applied the same skill matching as in Infinite. Like, I always get up against competent opponents with beginner teammates, it's almost as sweaty as Infinite.

So glad they added a "Quick Match" option for the Custom Browser, it's basically matchmaking with very chill games now, love it.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they applied the same skill matching as in Infinite. Like, I always get up against competent opponents with beginner teammates, it's almost as sweaty as Infinite.

So glad they added a "Quick Match" option for the Custom Browser, it's basically matchmaking with very chill games now, love it.
I haven't played MCC in a few weeks but I'm pretty sure that was always the case. I would search with my friend and the enemy team would typically get two good players and two lesser skilled teammates. I would usually get worse teammates than the enemy.

Hope they didn't somehow make it worse.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
I dipped back into MCC yesterday after latest update. First time I've played it since about last summer. Just playing custom games using the browser and it was so much fun. Almost felt like the 360 days just without the lobby/game chatter.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017

It's quite impressive how the MCC team can react so fast, while the Infinite one can't. Definitely make us think it's due to the engine they're using on each game.