• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on the Halo Wars storylines and brushed up on Precursor / Forerunner lore and man Infinite should have quite the epic intersection between all of these threads. Really hope we see Red Team in this game and not have them wiped out off screen. Cant wait.

The character redesigns on HW2 was a bit jarring but I really grew to love the cast.

No SX update, but there was a 1X update.

Ah gotcha. Damn good update, they did a great job with it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
People talking about Halo BR like there's not already a tie-in to a cultural phenomenon of a game:

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
People talking about Halo BR like there's not already a tie-in to a cultural phenomenon of a game:

This is a mad man we have here, his content and work are truly crazy. Can't believe his spent 6 months on this, like, after designing a website and an mobile for a week, I'm bored with my project and I move on, so I truly respect such a dedication.

And damn, the result is crazy, would love to test it if I still had a PC capable enough for gaming.

------- On another note -------

captureohjre.png

Now we know which generation 343 listened at and is to blame for Halo downfall. 🥲

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I know 343 dropped halo 5 like a bad habit, but its not even on the pull down menu for games!? 🤦‍♂️

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I know 343 dropped halo 5 like a bad habit, but its not even on the pull down menu for games!? 🤦‍♂️

Apparently, the file shares are gone as well, so you can't even share new content on the game. Like, it's probably just an error due to prioritisation and it might be resolved at some point, but damn, that's hitting hard on the (small?) Halo 5 fan base.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, maybe one day they'll show it some love in the Halo back catalogue. It's a shame they've just totally abandoned it - even after playing the Infinite tech test, I'm not ready to stop playing H5 and could see me playing for years still to come.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Halo Infinite: looks great

DF: *zooms in 200% and plays at 50% speed* omg cringe can you believe how ugly this is lol 343 sucks

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
They pointed out things I noticed without doing that, the flat sparks, the glowing.

It's not like they aren't excited about the game, they (seem to be) big Halo fans, they raved about the multiplayer.

I guess we just hold every game to the highest standard imaginable now because we watch stuff frame by frame

"glowing" enemies exist in every game, thats more for gameplay reasons

complaining about the sparks is the most niche of all things to pick on, when they showed the MP video in June everyone creamed themselves when the spartan died and his dropped pistol made the same exact sparks as it slid on the ground

idk, the bar is just that high now-a-days

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I guess we just hold every game to the highest standard imaginable now because we watch stuff frame by frame

"glowing" enemies exist in every game, thats more for gameplay reasons

complaining about the sparks is the most niche of all things to pick on, when they showed the MP video in June everyone creamed themselves when the spartan died and his dropped pistol made the same exact sparks as it slid on the ground

idk, the bar is just that high now-a-days
The visual bar is super high aye, these companies are spending so much money.

But also, if we end up loving the game (or what it's legacy will be) or not won't be decided by these relatively minor issues per say, it'll be the bigger things.

DF aren't saying otherwise too, particularly if it's stable and scales well.
*Crosses fingers for a good launch*

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
The visual bar is super high aye, these companies are spending so much money.

But also, if we end up loving the game (or what it's legacy will be) or not won't be decided by these relatively minor issues per say, it'll be the bigger things.

DF aren't saying otherwise too, particularly if it's stable and scales well.
*Crosses fingers for a good launch*

I guess what's getting my goat is just that, I think I'm just tired of pre-release microscopes, let's just fast forward and play the damn game already lol

I am also completely unfazed by the concern over the open world and all it's drama.

I don't see why from a level design perspective it will matter, atleast from my understanding, the "bespoke levels" from past games can still exist just the beginning/end can have underground tunnel,natural terrain bridge, etc to connect them

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, 343's filthy sparks
Explosions looking like milky farts
Whatever happened to "thrill me" art?
And to think this game'll make the mill-y charts...
Might as well just kill me, ❤️
Just a bunch of jabronie marks
DF Bataglia will teach Sparth
He still doing that Lehto LARP?
We haven't even gotten to the Dorito part...
Fans go with it cause we are "smart"
...y'all got any more of them BR starts?

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I guess what's getting my goat is just that, I think I'm just tired of pre-release microscopes, let's just fast forward and play the damn game already lol

I am also completely unfazed by the concern over the open world and all it's drama.

I don't see why from a level design perspective it will matter, atleast from my understanding, the "bespoke levels" from past games can still exist just the beginning/end can have underground tunnel,natural terrain bridge, etc to connect them
*shrug* we'll see in practice, game is only weeks away.
I hope everything we have seen is only up to the first third or w/e.

If I dare to dream there'll be different byomes beyond what we've seen or a narrative that really grabs me.. I think I'll just be setting myself up for disappointment.

So if anything, focusing on the minuta of what we have seen, like this DF examination, is better, for me.
...*slow stunned applause where you're not sure if this is good or terrible but gotta appreciate that you did wrote that*

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

STj9viI-320x320.png

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I cancelled my MC elite controller too, decided it was way too much money for something everyone seems to have issues out of.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Remember Daisy-023! :)

LINK

Halsey telling her to "Go back to facility, where she belongs" is so cold and... so character like. Well, it's Halsey, it's a good portray for that character haha.

The only thing which bugged me with this episode is that they didn't create original music and used several from Halo 2, Halo Wars and Halo 3, and since I labelled those musics with existing moments, it put me off hearing them like this.

Halo Legends was such a good idea, too bad they didn't continue this way with Halo extra-content.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Question for all the book readers!

I fell off the Halo Books after 343 threw the entire Forerunner/Didact plot out the window that I spent years immersing myself in and that I really loved. I now started the process of catching up and realized there are basically two bigger series going on:

Troy Denning's series with Last Light, Retribution, Shadows of Reach & Divine Wind

and Kelly Gay's series with Smoke and Shadow, Renegades & Point of Light.

I have just finished reading Shadows of Reach which is largely stand alone but then has these few connections to the other books I mentioned. I already read/listened to Smoke & Shadow and Retribution and am now in the process of re-reading those because Point of Lights premise seemed more interesting to me than Divine Wind's as someone who absolutely loved the hard sci-fi of the Forerunner Books and that entire direction the franchise took pre Halo 4.

So, finally, the question: For those who have already read both Point of Light and Divine Wind, which one do you think is more relevant to Halo Infinite? I'm guessing Divine Wind because of their direct connections with the Banished, Escharum and co? Or are the lore revelations ins Point of Light so important that you think that one could be more relevant? Without spoilers please, of course! I'm just curious because I'll likely only have time to read one of those 2 series before Infinite.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Who seriously comes home from work and hops on these boomer ass games to just betray their teammates constantly?

Bestow upon me the power to ban these degenerates, 343.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Been listening to some of the released OST for Infinite and I'm really digging the post rock vibes on some of these tracks. Some of them straight up sound like Explosions in the Sky tracks and I'm here for it. God I cant wait for the full thing

Dec 21, 2017
Is anyone getting crazy graphical glitches in MCC? Mostly happens in Reach, but i also saw it on Edge in H3. (Xbox Series X here)