• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a-surprise-to-be-sure-but-a-welcome-one-when-55157418.png

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeahhh

I'm at work tomorrow and my supervisor is back after a week off so I'm 100% going to be busy as fuck so I'll be relying on you lot to provide some deets

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

I love the look of these flood levels

Someone was doing a night time Valhalla too a bit too dark for matchmaking but with some tweaks I would like to see modded maps like that in playlists.

Excited for campaign tomorrow! Show me engagements that are more inspired than a few Banished squads.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so nervous, do I watch it?!

I made a decision like 6 years ago I now just go full media blackout on everything I already know I'm going to like, I haven't seen a prerelease movie trailer since like Iron Man 2, I bought a PS4 Pro exclusively to play Death Stranding without ever seeing a millisecond of gameplay, this is my life now lol.

But its HALO

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so nervous, do I watch it?!

I made a decision like 6 years ago I now just go full media blackout on everything I already know I'm going to like, I haven't seen a prerelease movie trailer since like Iron Man 2, I bought a PS4 Pro exclusively to play Death Stranding without ever seeing a millisecond of gameplay, this is my life now lol.

But its HALO

If it's a Campaign Walkthrough, I'll skip it. If it's a Vidoc, I'll watch it.

Let's make a deal together and agree on that, so you won't be solo in this difficult time?

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
If it's a Campaign Walkthrough, I'll skip it. If it's a Vidoc, I'll watch it.

Let's make a deal together and agree on that, so you won't be solo in this difficult time?

You can try to avoid it, Juan, but be aware that I'll describe every millisecond of footage I'm seeing today when we play Back 4 Blood later this week.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
You can try to avoid it, Juan, but be aware that I'll describe every millisecond of footage I'm seeing today when we play Back 4 Blood later this week.

That's exactly what I thought just after posting and worried about haha. But that's okay, I'm with Nilla into not watching it if it's a pure campaign walkthrough, but I'm okay listening to the opinion it will generate. And maybe hearing it from you without seeing it will make my expectation skyrocketed.😌

PS: And I'm pretty sure it will be a Vidoc.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Answer this man!!!

My coworker and I are huddled in a back room refreshing so we can figure out if we're watching or not lol

More like a campaign Walkthrough than a vidoc, or something in between. No dev talk, just narration over campaign footage.

I would advice against watching the last minute or so, there were a couple of things I would have preferred not to have seen lol.

I would say stop watching at 5:00.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Let's agree to follow Sr Kitsune advice and watch it until 5:00. I know you want to watch it, and I do too haha, so let's enjoy it but not spoil ourself after the 5:00 landmark.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Omg that's an impossible middle ground !?!?

It does say what the objetive of the first mission is, which is not a big deal if you have seen like any video of Infinite campaign. And the rest is more like talking about what you will experience on the ring, and showcasing different encounters.

Again I would have liked if I hadn't seen anything beyond the 5:01 timestamp. (I think the cutoff is 5:08, but you would get very close to things you may want to keep a surprise, and you would hear the narration say what they were going to show next)

And, I personally would avoid reading too much reactions. I prefer to not dig too much into what I saw.

Last edited:

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so I think we can all agree to call it Halo CE 2 at this point, don't we?

Will have to wait until the full game is available, the only worry I have is the lack of diversity for the environment compared to others Halo. Hopefully we will have mission inside those "Banished" ships we see in the sky so we can have more environments than just the primary biome.

Maybe I'm missing other environments for not having watched the full video, but apart from the day/night cycle changing the visual style, it feels like we've seen everything?

So... are we going to use spoiler for speculation in this thread right?

Keep it clean?

Yeah, I think we should, I mean, at least for the last minute you mentioned if it really spoils important thing for the campaign, but I feel like it's safe to talk about Cortana, The Weapons and such?

Love that he did the battlefield manuever lol

That was truly funny haha.

So, I feel like we're still not really sure how the game will be played. Is it really an Open World with all the missions happening in it, or will it be multiple areas?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Exterior visuals are still very weird. Game looks fun though…

man, i imagine co-op will be so fun when it finally arrives.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Looked pretty cool in general but
why is there a boss with health bars? Haven't we had enough failed bullet sponge bosses?

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Called that Pelican scene, kinda 😜

Not too many spoilers for those who want to watch. Definitely some surprises, but good luck avoiding them lol, like the Didact returning.
Okay, so I think we can all agree to call it Halo CE 2 at this point, don't we?
Chill homie. There's only one Combat Evolved 2 and it's yet to be birthed.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
343i: "So now that we are done Halo 5, what do we do for the next one?"
Team: "Hey Halo CE mission 2: Halo. Pretty good right? Can we…can we just make a whole game based on that level?"
343i: "Are you blinded by its majesty?"

Now show me the Silent Cartographer 2 and Assault on the Control Room 2 Expansions. Remember the unmatched glory that is the level progression Halo>Truth and Reconciliation>Silent Cartographer>Assault on the Control Room>343GS.

Also, looks like Chief is starting the game out in space and falling toward land, as is tradition.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
343i: "So now that we are done Halo 5, what do we do for the next one?"
Team: "Hey Halo CE mission 2: Halo. Pretty good right? Can we…can we just make a whole game based on that level?"
343i: "Are you blinded by its majesty?"

Now show me the Silent Cartographer 2 and Assault on the Control Room 2 Expansions. Remember the unmatched glory that is the level progression Halo>Truth and Reconciliation>Silent Cartographer>Assault on the Control Room>343GS.

Also, looks like Chief is starting the game out in space and falling toward land, as is tradition.

Leaked Halo Infinite Mission Descriptions

"Escape intact as Covenant Banished forces board your ship."

"Seek out surviving Marines and help them fight the Covenant Banished."

"Board a Covenant Banished ship in an attempt to rescue Captain Keyes (Object of Importance)."

"Search for the map room that will lead you to the secrets of Halo."

"Defend the Control Room against wave after wave of Covenant Banished troops."

"Creep through a swamp to meet the only enemy the Covenant Banished fear."

"Fight your way through an ancient security facility in search of the Index."

"Re-activate the weapon at the heart of Halo... and learn the truth."

"Stage a one-cyborg assault on a Covenant Banished ship and bring back the Captain (Object of Importance)."

"Destroy Halo before Halo destroys all life in the galaxy."

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leaked Halo Infinite Mission Descriptions

"Escape intact as Covenant Banished forces board your ship."

"Seek out surviving Marines and help them fight the Covenant Banished."

"Board a Covenant Banished ship in an attempt to rescue Captain Keyes (Object of Importance)."

"Search for the map room that will lead you to the secrets of Halo."

"Defend the Control Room against wave after wave of Covenant Banished troops."

"Creep through a swamp to meet the only enemy the Covenant Banished fear."

"Fight your way through an ancient security facility in search of the Index."

"Re-activate the weapon at the heart of Halo... and learn the truth."

"Stage a one-cyborg assault on a Covenant Banished ship and bring back the Captain (Object of Importance)."

"Destroy Halo before Halo destroys all life in the galaxy."
goty

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So the new lore stuff is curious but not really being discussed here - any other Halo related sites where the discussion dig deeper into those elements?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok lore nerds

Are skimmers the same race as harbinger? is Harbinger and the skimmers artificial or biological?

Pre-cursor? Or some actually brand new race.

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I cannot understand people saying that doesn't look good visually. I guess if it's not Sony 3rd person is not worth it

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I don't know about this fo'tana business.
Why do we need to have the young female AI assistant?

We've gone from friend / psuedo gf Cortana to evil Cortana, to potentially no evil Cortana and a new naive & chirpy Cortana?

ok lore nerds

Are skimmers the same race as harbinger? is Harbinger and the skimmers artificial or biological?

Pre-cursor? Or some actually brand new race.
They both look to be new races, Harbinger is potentially a meddler, but *shrug*

I cannot understand people saying that doesn't look good visually. I guess if it's not Sony 3rd person is not worth it
Some of it looked great, particularly in cutscenes / flying from a distance, but some of the combat effects didn't look amazing, in my opinion.
Will be easier to decide for ourselves how we think it looks when playing.

Last edited: