• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Why are they being so restrictive?
One of the window is in the middle of the night here in Europe. This weekend I'll only be able to play Sunday Night based on this, that's it.
they want to stress the servers so having it only open during a set time allows for a higher concertation of people at once

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they want to stress the servers so having it only open during a set time allows for a higher concertation of people at once
Let's just hope servers can sustain so much people at once and not crash to only allow us to play the last 30 minutes of each first window.
As I'm in Europe, the second window is almost useless...

At least let the rest having Matchmaking with bots and PVP only during these windows.
I know there will be training alone VS bots but that's not the same.

Weird choices but I get it.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Behemoth will either be good or Sandbound no in between.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to have vehicles return to 4v4 maps - hope the vehicle sandbox is good (not to dominant, not too weak). No lasers and hopefully the skewer isn't an insta kill (but definitely should flip a hog!)

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Vehicles in Halo 5 sucked they all felt like death traps say for the Banshee and the grenade goose.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks! I've been advised I can share this here (this ongoing thread was my home for many years after all!)

Myself and the folks at XboxEra are going to try and create the biggest Halo community montage EVER, and I would love it if you guys would join the party and submit your clips!

xboxera.com

Halo Infinite Flight | Community Montage

With the imminent arrival of the Halo Infinite flight this weekend, itself being focused on PVP instead of those admirable bots, we figured the time was

youtu.be

Halo Infinite | Technical Flight Community Montage

We're pleased to announce that pending everyone's submissions - we're going to create the most community orientated Halo multiplayer montage ever (until the ...

Check the article/video out for more information, and any questions/concerns - please ping me!

Oct 30, 2017
They mentioned a new game mode called Total Control. Just the name makes me think about Battlefield and having to control 3 zones to score points. I guess we'll see soon enough!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still a little confused on how vehicles work.

seems the bases will spawn some and others like a banshee or tank will be power drops?

or just like, 10 minutes into a match a tank drops?

Long Drong

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the xboxera clip I remembered something I can't adress about forerunner gun desintegrations animations since Halo 4:

When a body is desintegrating, the polygonal face of the model disappearing is not there and it gives the body a "hollow" look.

It would be much better if there were a black textured (or ashed-like texture) when the models desintegrate.

I don't know if I made myself clear...

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know if the digital copy of Halo Infinite included in the Limited Series X bundle includes any sort of preorder bonus DLC like all the retailers do for preorders of the game? Those blue armor/weapon coatings.

Last edited:

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Still a little confused on how vehicles work.

seems the bases will spawn some and others like a banshee or tank will be power drops?

or just like, 10 minutes into a match a tank drops?
It sounds like at the start of a match there will only be non heavy vehicles spawning but as the map goes on heavy vehicles start to spawn.

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like at the start of a match there will only be non heavy vehicles spawning but as the map goes on heavy vehicles start to spawn.
It sounds pretty fun to me, I'm excited to give it a shot. Ramping vehicles up as the match goes on but still with equal spawns for both sides. Can't say how I feel about it until I play it but I'm interested and optimistic.

Señor Sepia

Aug 2, 2020
What
While I'll probably end up agreeing with this, H5 had no mass long term appeal. So, if we want a future with Halo, another direction had to be taken.
I meant the Mythic Arena mode, which is kind of a mix between H1 maps, H2 br and some H5 features and abilities, without sprint.

Its so fucking cool but no one is playing it nowadays.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I meant the Mythic Arena mode, which is kind of a mix between H1 maps, H2 br and some H5 features and abilities, without sprint.

Its so fucking cool but no one is playing it nowadays.

the best H5 settings was Spartan II … kept thruster and Sprint , but BMS matched sprint. And had the Spartan Ability Radar. Jump height and gravity was adjusted to make clamber redundant.

I adored it. honestly, thinking back on it, reminds of Halo Infinite was during the test flight, but with a slightly faster move speed and thrust…

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk if I like the idea that vehicles ramp up as the game goes on.

It's not the biggest change but I hope we at least have a warthog at spawn.

I love the tank/hornet/banshee battles at the beginning of BTB. While some people rush the rocket/laser.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
idk if I like the idea that vehicles ramp up as the game goes on.

It's not the biggest change but I hope we at least have a warthog at spawn.

I love the tank/hornet/banshee battles at the beginning of BTB. While some people rush the rocket/laser.

I too am unsure on the change, but have to admit hearing your AI announce an incoming drop, seeing the pelicans approach and land, and teams battling over position to claim them, sounds awesome.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017

I tried this in the last flight and was really puzzled when it didn't work, it totally looked like an intentional design similar to the Halo 2 lockout door frame jumps. Excited to discover more and mess around with maps when Inf drops.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
I've got many thousands of games in halo 5 and consider myself proficient and am running gigabit fibre in the Uk with a high download\upload and low ping. I can go from a ranked game where I score top of the table to suddenly playing in a game where I'm chasing the opposition counting the number of shots that I'm firing and seeing little damage occurring, and at the end of the game low and behold it's a team of onyx and champions. I'm only recently on fibre and moved purely for better gaming speeds.

You see all the time in halo, people do great one game and then pummelled the next with low kills and headshots and high assists.

its like playing football but having your feet tied together before the game and really spoils the competitive aspect.

I do believe there's some sort of 'limited bandwidth/relay' thing going on but I don't think it's based on rank, amongst our friends (all Onyx, mostly all from Europe) we know based on experience that a few will be chosen to be able to go toe to toe against South Americans (It's insane how popular this game is in South America, shout out to Halo Colombia) whilst others can't and roughly there will be about only four good connections to go around, it used to feel like there were two from each side that would get 'picked' but it can be 3 v 1 or one-sided. It's hilarious when you rematch with the same people (happens a lot with such a small player pool) that you take turns in destroying or being destroyed. We've had matches where Champions can barely kill and go -KDA or Platinums will go top of their team against and amongst Onyx. Not to mention the game has some strong interpolation/prediction so client/server calculations get thrown on top of animations that just don't match up.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I tried this in the last flight and was really puzzled when it didn't work, it totally looked like an intentional design similar to the Halo 2 lockout door frame jumps. Excited to discover more and mess around with maps when Inf drops.

eh

I hope thats fixed. That frame should 100% be able to be jumped on.

Ghost jumps are more like going from Gold 1 to 2 on Guardian. There doesnt seem to be a piece of geo there to jump on. Lockout door frames were very much clear and and obvious geo

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Behemoth looking good so far.

You guys saw those red marker waypoints? That's the next step for social 😜

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So that's a 4v4 map with at *least* a Ghost and a Warthog (might have missed other stuff) confirmed. The map looked a lot of fun, too.