• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really think that's us you need to convince about which radar is better with this listing.
There are a bunch of people in here who like motion tracker, likely even more who lurk and don't comment. I want to get them actively thinking about it during a match and consider what we discuss in here, but that list above is for me to use as a resource in future discussions elsewhere.

If we don't talk about it now before the next flight, I have 0 hope of it changing.
Counterpoint

(I don't actually care one way or the other)

How is this a counter point? For one, it was a good grenade with or without motion tracker, but I'm guessing it was thrown because of that red dot, right? So doesn't that prove my point?

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit is clearly happy about the radar change - a comment I made saying it's a shame it got reverted has been downvoted into oblivion.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to have an aneurism the next time the radar change is blamed on the Halo purists who only want Halo 3 rehash.

casual Halo forgot that ability tracker was originally created to appease people who didn't like Spartan Abilities and radar ie…. The purists. casuals rejected the ability tracker- relegating it to ranked play.

Infinite debuts with combat tracker, but it was removed after just 2 hrs of pvp test. Now purists are being blamed for the removal of the radar that they have been favorable towards for years now.

absolute insanity.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something I don't like is when the rules change too much between modes.

Weapon starts is one thing but to have different weapon layouts, movement speeds, radar/health models was really dumb when playing hardcore or MLG modes.

The ranked-social changes should be as minimal as possible.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

Weapon starts is one thing but to have different weapon layouts, movement speeds, radar/health models was really dumb when playing hardcore or MLG modes.

Agreed different blooms across reach also sucks. Be consistent across the game.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Agreed, inconsistent experience is not good

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Since I'm back to playing MCC (saving up for season eight). Here comes the complaining again. Lost this one 50-47 and I wonder why. 🤔

F2B0D34E65CC4F025BD4428C29BE9B771F5A6693

It's always the idiots with a dick emblem. And yes he was playing not afk or a bot.

Nope, can't take it anymore. Every game since this has been against a premade and the scores are like 50-25. One guy had over 500k kills. Bro there are more games than Halo.

I just played another one with a premade of tour 9s and 50s in H4 squad battle. This just gets old.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This was Halo 3 and Reach's biggest failings MLG wise.

Even though the base gameplay was superior for both. (motion tracker not withstanding :P)

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It just occurred to me that if Infinite doesn't have the DMR nor the Carbine, they should bring back the Needle Rifle finally -- it would absolutely fill a unique roll in the sandbox.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
It just occurred to me that if Infinite doesn't have the DMR nor the Carbine, they should bring back the Needle Rifle finally -- it would absolutely fill a unique roll in the sandbox.
We'll get everything eventually I'm honestly not fussed by weapons missing. We've been using some of the same guns for 20 years. As long as the fundamentals are there I'm fine with new weapons.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Reach has no redeeming qualities. Before it had cosmetics and a great forge; all those points are mute now that you can just play all of the Halos side by side. Trash maps, trash abilities, and trash weapon sandbox. It's just trash.

Why it comes up so often in MCC is beyond me. Fuck Reach. I can't believe it was one of my most played Halos.

red-letter-media-endless-trash.gif

New multiplayer rankings!

H3>H5>H2>CE>H4>>>Splitgate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reach

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
How is it that the MCC still can't matchmake when you load the game from quick resume/a suspended state.

I'm sick of having to quit the damn build.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Bring back Skirmishers while we're at it.

I don't care that they are allegedly extinct, bring em back in -- and bring in the 343 Jackal designs as some sort of Jackal heavy variant.

Oct 25, 2017
Reach multiplayer does suck. At the time I enjoyed it well enough because it was the new hotness, but now that I'm able to hop freely between so many halo games, it just feels like junk in comparison. When I was making a list of my favorite multiplayer maps from every game, I literally forget to include reach at all. Someone pointed out may accident after I posted. Visually it was great with fantastic customization options, and the campaign is cool, but multiplayer is a trash heap. It's got a few highlight ideas to pick out, but as a whole I just dont want to play it anymore. For me it only exists in the MCC for campaign.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I think it's a combination of a lot of things. It was the Halo coming after the most successful one, Halo 3, so everyone wanted to play it. It had great cosmetics and ranks to keep you playing. It also had a ton of modes and a great forge to keep it feeling fresh. However, now that we have the ability to play it side by side with all the others it just falls on its face. The campaign was decent and so was the FF, but multiplayer was and is trash.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
How is it that the MCC still can't matchmake when you load the game from quick resume/a suspended state.

I'm sick of having to quit the damn build.
Session tokens are a sod of a thing. We have a similar thing that can temporarily occur in Quake. The client doesn't know your token is expired until it tries to use it, and thus on session errors I always terminate the login and the client has to restart the whole sign in process to hopefully clear it up.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe 343 has been ignoring our beloved hammer physics for 3 games now.
RIP
Since I'm back to playing MCC (saving up for season eight). Here comes the complaining again. Lost this one 50-47 and I wonder why. 🤔

F2B0D34E65CC4F025BD4428C29BE9B771F5A6693

It's always the idiots with a dick emblem. And yes he was playing not afk or a bot.

Nope, can't take it anymore. Every game since this has been against a premade and the scores are like 50-25. One guy had over 500k kills. Bro there are more games than Halo.

I just played another one with a premade of tour 9s and 50s in H4 squad battle. This just gets old.
This is the reality of matchmaking. Imagine if you didn't have your red dot telling your every move to the enemy, you'd be able to do more as a solo player.

Noo but sOcIaL pLaYlIsTs ArE cAsUaL, lol. Give me a damn break with people thinking this. As if no one is using their brain in social playlists.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
RIP

This is the reality of matchmaking. Imagine if you didn't have your red dot telling your every move to the enemy, you'd be able to do more as a solo player.

Noo but sOcIaL pLaYlIsTs ArE cAsUaL, lol. Give me a damn break with people thinking this. As if no one is using their brain in social playlists.
The dummies on my team completely ignore people right in front of them anyway.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to play through MCC to get ready for infinite and I can't get over the stupidity of the
the warthog escape sequence
at what I'm assuming is the end of the game. I don't think have ever played a worse sequence in any game. I'm going to need some time before I come back to it, but I'm worried it could put me off the series altogether.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
I'm trying to play through MCC to get ready for infinite and I can't get over the stupidity of the
at what I'm assuming is the end of the game. I don't think have ever played a worse sequence in any game. I'm going to need some time before I come back to it, but I'm worried it could put me off the series altogether.

ehvrr1q.gif

Juan

Oct 28, 2017

Not judging you, but that's one of the worst take I've ever read on that sequence. Like, I would understand if you told me this doesn't make any sense within the lore level design wise, and I would agree, but the sequence itself? It's a lot of fun imo, I'm not so sure what's putting you off.

You don't like driving and having fun messing around? Also, remember it's just one sequence, the only other occurence is in Halo 3, so I'm not so sure why it would put you off for the whole saga? 😅

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
lmao wait what

You serious?

Yeah, might not be the series for you. Literally one of the most beloved and celebrated sequences of the franchise.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
In all fairness, it likely doesn;t hold up, mechanically, in 2021. Probaly a fairly rough climax for someone new to the series. /shrug

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
it is pretty unreliable to get the achievement for doing it without flipping over, especially since you have to do it from the very start if you fuck up
there are some sections that i'm still not sure how you're supposed to get through quickly (as opposed to slowly weaving around pillars) but that's mostly because i've never cared enough to look it up

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

this was like the dopest thing ever at the time of release. I must have completed it hundreds of times.

this is probably the first time I've ever seen such a negative reaction to it. lol . IMO, There are far worse sequences one Halo CE, let alone all games.

what issue are you having?

Last edited:

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
boo-boo-this-man.gif

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this was like the dopest thing ever at the time of release. I must have completed it hundreds of times.

this is probably the first time I've ever seen such a negative reaction to it. lol . IMO, There are far worse sequences one Halo CE, let alone all games.

what issue are you having?
It's a timed sequence with terrible controls and the level design is intentionally cumbersome. I can't believe this is something that is looked back on fondly.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
It's a timed sequence with terrible controls and the level design is intentionally cumbersome. I can't believe this is something that is looked back on fondly.

you know, I hear people new to halo say the warthog controls are bad and I sympathize because no other franchises adopted the control scheme- but man I just don't agree.

what about the level felt cumbersome? You just run over enemies and do some sick jumps. There's way more time than is actually needed too.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
LOL, there is absolutely some wonkiness with the CE warthog, even if we love it. That stretch has some moments...

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's looked at fondly because not only is it still awesome, but it was fresh and unique as most if not all FPS games ended with a boss fight. Halo 1 broke away from bosses entirely and let players use their experience gained with the weapon and vehicle sandbox to finish the game with something other than a boss fight.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Are Halo 1 and 2 playable in multiplayer for any of y'all? Whenever I try to play them I get the most horrendous lag, they're just unplayable for me, every other game in the collection is fine for me though.