• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in Season 8 flight but when I start up the insider build it says Season 7 ??? I want to check out these armors

edit: nvm they're just there all unlocked lol been a while

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Elites in ODST FF are definitely interesting haha. On one hand, the novelty of proper enemy Elites in the H3 engine for the first time ever, 14 years after H3 launched, is definitely there. Plus it's cool they went all out and added Heretics as a wave option too. But there's definitely some jank lol. There's no "chatter", animations aren't particularly expressive, and behavior isn't particularly interesting. Which is fine, because clearly they weren't going to go an author new animations and behaviors, but next to other enemies they do stand out as less engaging. Also, hilariously apparently all Elites in H3 have exactly one, very rigid death animation which becomes apparent EXTREMELY quickly, lol. Oh, and kinda funny going back to Sword Elites being like CE where you can't pick up their swords.

Flood's neat, and Sentinels (along with Sentinels + Flood being a wave option) are a cool extra surprise.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
See this actually looks pretty good:

zja0kl2li5l71.jpg

I would prefer it slightly more toned down (the crest made of metal like H5's Achilles rather than fur/hair and no lions) but it's decent.

The skull based homage to cheap tat which would be rejected from a fan made mod for Elder Scrolls on the other hand…

This looks great, TBH.

I think these look pretty good and better than many sets from Reach onward.

I also think meditation Chief has hilarious taunt potential, assuming you can use it mid-match.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Elites in ODST FF are definitely interesting haha. On one hand, the novelty of proper enemy Elites in the H3 engine for the first time ever, 14 years after H3 launched, is definitely there. Plus it's cool they went all out and added Heretics as a wave option too. But there's definitely some jank lol. There's no "chatter", animations aren't particularly expressive, and behavior isn't particularly interesting. Which is fine, because clearly they weren't going to go an author new animations and behaviors, but next to other enemies they do stand out as less engaging. Also, hilariously apparently all Elites in H3 have exactly one, very rigid death animation which becomes apparent EXTREMELY quickly, lol. Oh, and kinda funny going back to Sword Elites being like CE where you can't pick up their swords.

Flood's neat, and Sentinels (along with Sentinels + Flood being a wave option) are a cool extra surprise.
Yeah, it's just a nice little novelty and should be seen as such. They were never meant to be fought in 3.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I gave up trying to get the Turf remake, got everything but it, all these hours could've been going to actual progress in MCC 🙃 matchmaking in the flights should just be the new shit

RXM027

Dec 18, 2020
Flood in ODST Firefight is a little buggy, at least with the settings I picked. I got a couple of waves where nothing spawned at all, so I was just wandering around the map with nothing to shoot. Works great when they do spawn in, though.

Also, the "Elites" wave option took me by surprise with just how many they throw at you. Note to self, pick Elite Infantry next time.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
www.halowaypoint.com

Technical Preview Outcomes

<p>Welcome back, Halo Insiders! Now that the team has had a chance to process the feedback we received during last month’s Halo Infinite Multiplayer Technical Preview it’s time to unpack it all with the community. In this blog, we’re going to be taking a closer look at the overall key areas of...

neat writeup, but still bummed about the new radar getting canned so soon.

Related:

what?

I'm so confused. What was he trying? What were these "issues"?

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.halowaypoint.com

Technical Preview Outcomes

<p>Welcome back, Halo Insiders! Now that the team has had a chance to process the feedback we received during last month’s Halo Infinite Multiplayer Technical Preview it’s time to unpack it all with the community. In this blog, we’re going to be taking a closer look at the overall key areas of...

neat writeup, but still bummed about the new radar getting canned so soon.

Related:

what?

I'm so confused. What was he trying? What were these "issues"?

If I'm working at 343 and read a tweet like that, I'd feel encouraged to keep it so they can learn it because it's better for gameplay, AND I'd push for a training drill for it.

It's so unimaginable to me that players are soooooooo dependent on such small screen estate that they are incapable of functioning without it.

So many audio and visual feedback systems in play and now people also want elevation.

I'm going to have a heart attack if they include elevation, man.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a quick breakdown:

Radar: We reverted it because reactionaries get spooked by change despite the clear gameplay improvements 😡
Gravity Hammer: Still no gravity (but maintaining that nice slow swing )

Auto-Sprint: Post-launch
Damage/Mark UI individual color customization: Post-launch
Fix timed XP boosters counting down outside of matches: Post-launch
Weapon drill improvements/expansion: Post-launch
Increased Personal AI customization: Post-launch
Outline Off Toggles: Post-launch 😡
HUD improvements & customization: Post-launch
Menu presentation: Post-launch

Bot tweaks: Launch
Medals appearance: Launch
In-game Name/Gamertag: Launch

Needler/PlasmaPistol/Hammer sound improvement: Next Flight
Personal AI tweaks & voice preview: Next Flight
Shield Clarity: Next Flight 😊
Aim tweaks: Next Flight
Sniper aiming tweaks: Next Flight
Screenshake Fix: Next Flight
Drop Wall Deploy Time Shortened: Next Flight

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Re' the radar, "...we found that most players missed the old properties in these social matches", makes it sound like the change will indeed be social only. Thank god.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Re' the radar, "...we found that most players missed the old properties in these social matches", makes it sound like the change will indeed be social only. Thank god.
Yeah but BR starts, man. It's either social with full radar or ranked combat sensor with BR starts, assuming that's how it'll be.

So wack. And likely not even a customs browser until Forge or later.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
All these bad kids in gaming side having to chase red dots on a radar to get kills, to say nothing of the kids that go "but if I don't have a red dot on radar, how will my camping be successful?!"

Basura.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crossposting to get things I missed:

Why we don't need motion tracker, look at all these systems to help you know where enemies are and to help with the flow is gameplay --
  • Friendly indicators w/ different colors to indicate status (teammate under attack flashes yellow, red X for dead teammates, etc.)
  • Personal AI giving you the ins and outs during the match
  • Spartan chatter that also feeds you info
  • Jeff Steitzer (multiplayer announcer) to give you the play by play
  • Directional audio for combat to know where the action is
  • Objective markers to help with the flow of gameplay and keep players aware of what needs to be done
  • Flashing red arrows to indicate where you're getting shot from
  • Threat Sensor equipment that outlines enemy through walls
  • Loud footsteps
  • The new marking system to pinpoint enemy locations
  • On mic comms/callouts
  • Grenade hitmarkers
  • Etc.
Surely I'm missing some things too, anyone want to help? I want to create a list as to why we don't need motion tracker based on systems already in play.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

Why we don't need motion tracker, look at all these systems to help you know where enemies are and to help with the flow is gameplay --
  • Friendly indicators w/ different colors to indicate status (teammate under attack flashes yellow, red X for dead teammates, etc.)
  • Objective markers to help with the flow of gameplay and keep players aware of what needs to be done
  • Loud footsteps
  • On mic comms/callouts
  • Etc.
Surely I'm missing some things too, anyone want to help? I want to create a list as to why we don't need motion tracker based on systems already in play.

Grenade hit markers.

Are those in infinite?

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really think that's us you need to convince about which radar is better with this listing.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento

• Loud footsteps
  • On mic comms/callouts
  • Grenade hitmarkers
  • Etc.

Counterpoint

(I don't actually care one way or the other)