• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
TBH, until launch, at this point I'm in full doom mode for Infinite. :\
Multiplayer, I'm fine for. Plays great, the only things I'd want are better PC performance and maybe the AR to take an extra bullet or two to kill.

Campaign though, yeah, it's very worrisome. As always, glad to have game pass as a thing for it so I do not need to Commit to it as a whole thing. Definitely need to see it to believe it at this point.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having such a good time catching up on the Halo 2 twitch rivals event from last week. DMAQ is hilarious and Ninja's +100k to the pot was CRAZY.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit I just realized I maxed out those XP boosts or whatever last year lol

I hope I still have access to that crap

Oct 17, 2018
If I wanna grind and unlock the whole battle pass in 3 days, I should fuckin be able to do that. Even Destiny, the frigging king of time-gated content, allows you to do that. Christ, how hard is this shit
They're probably gonna make it so you can pay money to skip levels on the battlepass. By time gating the battlepass it means that people are more likely to just be impatient and pay real money to skip it.

Oct 25, 2017
When is the good news going to come to end all this hype deflating shit the past week, got damn
hearing that the motion tracker is getting reverted (that's what it sounds like) just twisted the knife in my heart

i didnt have any strong opinions about radar in the past but i was open to being convinced by their new method in the flight
and i was convinced
so now after seeing the light it hurts to go back
Probably more accurate to say that people are just used to the old radar and the average person hates change.
I agree with your take on this

Last edited:

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dying at that Inside Infinite

"I hope all of you take comfort from the fact that, honestly, I can't wait to get back home, fire up the build, and hit "Continue" on the Campaign."

Hahaha

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like 343 never gets progression right.

When people need to complete hyper-specific challenges to level up, it ALWAYS destroys the flow of the match. Some asshole who can't snipe, kills his teammates for the sniper so that he can try to get that sniper challenge bar to move. have they learned nothing from that shitshow that was the hunt for Achilles?

why let medals be the primary driver of Battle Pass XP? That way you are rewarding players who are actively trying to help their team win, with whatever happens to be at their disposal?

you're play CTF? The. Flag caps and flag defense will be battle pass gold. If your playing Slayer, multi-kills and streak will be get your battle pass going quickly. XP boosts will actually mean something if good play gets amplified rather than completing challenges within the timeframe.

after all of this effort into on-boarding, why does 343 want to incentivize playing against the grain?

Oct 25, 2017

When people need to complete hyper-specific challenges to level up, it ALWAYS destroys the flow of the match. Some asshole who can't snipe, kills his teammates for the sniper so that he can try to get that sniper challenge bar to move. have they learned nothing from that shitshow that was the hunt for Achilles?

why not let medals be the primary driver of Battle Pass XP? That way you are rewarding players who are actively trying to help their team win, with whatever happens to be at their disposal?

you're play CTF? The. Flag caps and flag defense will be battle pass gold. If your playing Slayer, multi-kills and streak will be get your battle pass going quickly. XP boosts will actually mean something if good play gets amplified rather than completing challenges within the timeframe.

after all of this effort into on-boarding, why does 343 want to incentivize playing against the grain?
exactly
all of that yes
I typed more but realized I was just repeating what you said
whether it be medals or generalized performance that earns battlepass points at a certain threshold, it's an obvious inclusion that should be there in addition to challenges so that players feel like every match counts

Last edited:

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully, we shall be able to grind the challenges with Bot dedicated playlists, I'm not too worried about that.

That said, it's incredibly disappointing when you're finishing a game, and you see you XP counter isn't progressing at all, this is going to frustrate a lot of people, and be visible in plain sight after every games. And also, timing you XP Booster (which I did during the 1st Flight) can be really infuriating when you're missing the window by a few seconds haha.

Which is why I think 343 was just not able to balance the XP for the launch of the game, and that it is something which will come in later seasons, like Fortnite did where we waited for Chapter 2 (so, 10 seasons) to have a XP based Battle Pass, which challenges completing the XP you were having after every game.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

why let medals be the primary driver of Battle Pass XP? That way you are rewarding players who are actively trying to help their team win, with whatever happens to be at their disposal?

Yeah, a little concerned but hopefully most of that will be confined to social playlists

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, most challenges are going to be super generic, not super specific. Kill X people, win Y matches, hit Z headshots. That's always the majority of these daily/weekly/whatever challenges.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, most challenges are going to be super generic, not super specific. Kill X people, win Y matches, hit Z headshots. That's always the majority of these daily/weekly/whatever challenges.

Yeah I mean isn't this identical to how MCC has worked for the last year and nobody seemed to make a stink about it?

Edit: Again, I feel I'm saying the same thing everyday but I feel very passionately that they need to make this work with bots. I just want Halo to matter so damn bad. I want to keep a huge player base and I feel with a free PvP that gave even the most casual players a fun and "winnable" experience they will come back again and again for a long time

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of MCC, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get BR skins??? Been starting to play a lot of Halo 3 lately (Guardian still looks delicious after all these years) but the customization is hard to figure out.

Last edited:

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of MCC, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get BR skins??? Been starting to play a lot of Halo 3 lately (Guardian still looks delicious after all these years, but idk what the hell that random Halo 4 map is doing in H3) but the customization is hard to figure out.
A few of the skins are in the seasonal unlocks. You can still ccess those but they are usually in the later tier of that season. I believe one of them is in the 10th tier. A lot have come as limited time unlocks for the season that you can't get unless they bring it back in a later season.

As for the map, they added two maps from Halo Online so far. They look similar to the Halo 4 aesthetic though.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, a little concerned but hopefully most of that will be confined to social playlists

It will get confined to social, but that's not a good thing.

When your system funnels bad actors to the social Playlist, it makes for a bad experience for people just trying to learn and enjoy the game itself.

Like, warzone as a social experience went out the window when Achilles came along because you ran into parties farming challenges rather than playing the way it was meant to be played. This time it'll be individuals farming challenges rather than playing with their team.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
lol my sentiments exactly. This one is making the rounds on Reddit. Hopefully they change it. If not before launch, then soon after. Vocal fans got 343 to change the radar back to the shitty motion tracker… maybe they can redeem themselves by getting 343 fix battle pass XP.

I think there should be a small amount of XP dished out for just playing, and they can keep the challenges, but make the payouts light compared to what you get from playing the objective well.
72xt26ldgxj71.png

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Like we weren't already just padding stats in objective game types to begin with.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
lol my sentiments exactly. This one is making the rounds on Reddit. Hopefully they change it. If not before launch, then soon after. Vocal fans got 343 to change the radar back to the shitty motion tracker… maybe they can redeem themselves by getting 343 fix battle pass XP.

I think there should be a small amount of XP dished out for just playing, and they can keep the challenges, but make the payouts light compared to what you get from playing the objective well.
72xt26ldgxj71.png
Hey at least the Needler was a proper power weapon in the flight lol. I'd hope someone uses it on my team if I'm not.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
"Custom Game Browser (CGB) for Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 3 as well as Phase 2 implementations which includes updates to filters, search options, and overall improvements to the Create, Browse, and Session Details page."

J3aP.gif

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
CE Hog Wars is so damn fun, let it be known --
  • Blood Gulch
  • Hogs only (Used to be 4 max on Xbox, could you have more on PC/MCC? Can't recall)
  • 3+ lives (3 felt good so those who die early won't have to wait too long)
  • Everyone camo
  • No shooting
  • No nades
  • No radar
  • Plasma Pistol starts
  • Melee and splatters only
Feels like you're a matador dodging Hogs lol. With everyone Camo, it gives those on foot a chance to be sneaky.

I need to go through the settings to see if there are any improvements to make 🤔

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
MCCs progression feels great.

I managed to unlock everything i wanted in 5 weeks.

That's where I'm at tbh

The entirety of the MCC revival has

A. Been awesome
but also
B. Is literally a testing ground

They have done battle pass, skins, challenges, content additions, flights, custom game browser, adding new items to forge, new maps.

They are already running a live service game and implementing/managing all of this content. Now I understand that MCC vs Infinite are different teams, but the big picture is still the same. Undeniably 343 is killing it, they are managing the shit outta that game and doing an awesome job. All they have to do is take everything they are learning from that experience, bringg it over and then they can expand upon it.

This has definitely been a roller coaster of a week, but I have confidence they are gunna hit the ground running

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
That's where I'm at tbh

The entirety of the MCC revival has

A. Been awesome
but also
B. Is literally a testing ground

They have done battle pass, skins, challenges, content additions, flights, custom game browser, adding new items to forge, new maps.

They are already running a live service game and implementing/managing all of this content. Now I understand that MCC vs Infinite are different teams, but the big picture is still the same. Undeniably 343 is killing it, they are managing the shit outta that game and doing an awesome job. All they have to do is take everything they are learning from that experience, bringg it over and then they can expand upon it.

This has definitely been a roller coaster of a week, but I have confidence they are gunna hit the ground running
And to think they're not making any money off of mtx in MCC and the support has been spectacular. Imagine what they can do with Infinite with more resources and a bigger team. I also think updates will hold more value compared to map packs being added to say Reach when it was the current game. It's hard to allocate resources to 4v4, BTB, Firefight and Invasion in a 3 year window but if your game is supported longer than that you'll eventually have a good map pool for every mode.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
God MCC is fucked. Selecting new host middle of the game kicks me out and then I'm banned? What a joke

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Played my first H5 session since the Infinite tech test (fucking Dixie Fire, good to be home) and man I'm going to miss this game. As much fun as Infinite was, and no matter how much I'm dying for that game to release, H5's movement, sandbox (THAT MAGNUM :chef kiss), and even (some) maps just really resonated with me. I've been playing Halo as my primary game since the series launched - I was 22 at the time CE released! - but I've spent more time with this than any previous title. Crazy.