• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Yeah, remade in Halo 5. Big circle map.

When I did the map brackets a few years back, Halo 4 overall did well against reach and 5. There are a few gems
Reach hands down has the worst map selection of the whole series. 4 easily beats it out.

I really can't believe they didn't have anything in the GC Xbox show, damn.
Optimist in me says it's because they just want to focus on finishing what they and finally get this nightmare out to the public in a decent state + another flight soon-ish.

Pessimist says it's because campaign's in a rougher state than they want to admit (tho they should still ship this year regardless imo, they need the same nudge BioWare needed to finally release Andromeda and Anthem, there just comes a point where you face the music, even if the MP will likely turn out fine due to being F2P)

EDIT: Sounds like Geoff Keighley stole it for his showcase tomorrow

Last edited:

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017

^ I wasn't expecting campaign footage, but thought they would for sure have a release date, flight, or MP trailer to spin up some positive hype after the negative news.

Last edited:

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
So while the poster was 100% identified as working at 343, if what is said is true, that's an interesting take on what's happening with the delay of Coop and Forge as well:

www.nme.com

'Halo Infinite' campaign under "massive strain" according to dev

A supposed 343 Industries dev has spoken out on 'Halo Infinite''s lack of co-op and Forge at launch, saying that the campaign is under a "massive strain".

The team has been pushing not just delays to Forge and Co-op, but Campaign in general. I can see Multiplayer making release date in a great state, with basically all of the main modes plus a couple grab bag goodies, including some original stuff we're cooking up – a different variant of Infection with original resources and a severely updated Invasion mode with new maps.

However, Campaign is under some MASSIVE strain.

Campaign had a lot of cut content and needed massive reworks to WORK after we switched hard off Chris and took in Joseph's [Staten] direction for the game, but it mostly uses assets and work we had in 2020, just shuffled around.

The reality is, Forge isn't just a cute map editor anymore, not after 5, and we can't release anything that isn't up to snuff to the quality of that game's Forge, which took more effort than anyone realises

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan

^ I wasn't expecting campaign footage, but thought they would for sure have a release date, flight, or MP trailer to spin up some positive hype after the negative news.
Well we'll know tomorrow if there's anything to be excited for despite the bad news on Friday

Oct 25, 2017
Do not despair

u2huqbC.png

P3iG2n9.png

Oct 26, 2017

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Unless Invasion is announced tomorrow I'm writing that Reddit post off as fake.

Oct 26, 2017
Typo, I wanted to say "wasn't", typed too fast. 🙏
Ah thanks for clarifying. I remember reading through the post when it first came out and a lot of information about the state of campaign and co-op aligned with what I've heard; it had been cut down from a much larger open-world vision and they have been having a lot of trouble fitting co-op in. Have not heard a thing about any new infection or invasion mode outside of what was datamined.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
so... hey FUNKNOWN iXi & VorpalNonsense

Unless Invasion is announced tomorrow I'm writing that Reddit post off as fake.

I think "Invasion" as a concept isn't that big of a stretch to reintroduce, its just BF - Rush, but it would need Maps to support it, which idk..

Also as far as the campaign team just making a copy/paste Ubisoft Open World game, I kinda believe it came to that because after 3 reboots, I could see them shooting for something "safe".

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I've been expecting a Ubisoft open world the entire time. Everyone says they're inspired by Skyrim then they end up just making a generic Ubisoft openworld with cookie cutter content. Those can be fun...but they're not as good as R* or Bethesda open worlds.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
so... hey FUNKNOWN iXi & VorpalNonsense

I think "Invasion" as a concept isn't that big of a stretch to reintroduce, its just BF - Rush, but it would need Maps to support it, which idk..

Also as far as the campaign team just making a copy/paste Ubisoft Open World game, I kinda believe it came to that because after 3 reboots, I could see them shooting for something "safe".

Please don't ever compare the greatest FPS game mode to the trash that was Invasion. 🤣

Oct 25, 2017

Oooooooo
Thanks for the tag

I think I might actually like the Zeta more than the Reach, potentially. I'd have to get a better feel for it in-game to say that definitively. Hat is a little tall, but not bad.
In official images it appears to me like you can possibly customize that extra grey molding as part of the visor customization, so maybe I'd be able to choose a more traditional visor shape for the Zeta.
Since I'm about to hit the road, here's a real fast and dirty photoshop of what that could be like:
JZ27VBy.jpg

Okay maybe not, but it was a fun experiment.

I assume Delta won't come until a later season (😢), but I'm down for some Zeta probably.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
thats where I'm at, inoffensive

but to be completely honest I'm not losing my mind over them

edit: actually I completely changed my mind, I hate em

THE BLUEPRINT IS OUT THERE 343, JUST COPY/PASTE

R.2655a376be7c31e2a48af535401d0c31

R.0fcb6d1546d198967950c1c5797d4575
Ain't gonna happen. Just like they'll never give us proper Mk. V armor. Gotta give up the dream and settle, I guess lol.

Think about that..... We never even mention Mk. V armor in our discussions because I think we all know in our core that it'll never happen. That's so deeply unfortunate, isn't it.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
THE BLUEPRINT IS OUT THERE 343, JUST COPY/PASTE

Nah actually, I love this version for Infinite, I think it's much more loyal to the one from CE in the fact that it wasn't well proportionate:

halo-ce-hero-large-800x675-2c02d3b6c93c4c83b3b333becf9010ab.jpg

I don't know, I really love the one you shared if that the one we will get.

For the second one, I guess it's the helmet from Fred-104, but with a Bungiesque design?

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Nah actually, I love this version for Infinite, I think it's much more loyal to the one from CE in the fact that it wasn't well proportionate:

halo-ce-hero-large-800x675-2c02d3b6c93c4c83b3b333becf9010ab.jpg

I don't know, I really love the one you shared if that the one we will get.

For the second one, I guess it's the helmet from Fred-104, but with a Bungiesque design?
To be honest, I don't really put alot into the "accuracy" of remaking some design from 2000. Every other old Bungie artwork chief looks different, I don't think it's steadfast to anything

I don't like when the chin vents protrude, I prefer the featureless curvature of the H3 design

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
See, nilla subconsciously didn't even address what I said about Mk. V armor. Probably didn't even register, no justice out here for the best armor in Halo.

I did see some fans over on Gaming side tho, maybe this thread just ain't got that swag 👀

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
See, nilla subconsciously didn't even address what I said about Mk. V armor. Probably didn't even register, no justice out here for the best armor in Halo.

Haha oh no!

I totally missed your quote lol. I blame the stupid 'view more posts' "feature"

Dude you are absolutely right tho
R.69d049f0f21c90e7568e2b0ea981c2ef

*Chefs kiss*

It's weird they just can't quite agree on a visor design for the helmet. The art they put out for the 20th anniversary celebration was perfect imo
It's because the origins are low poly and it's difficult to discern the "true intent" because even the design drawings all kinda look different

If you were a true purist then yes the "LehtoCut" would be definitive I suppose

edit: just look at that ugly helmet, the vents sticking out AND at an angle, vomit.emoji

Last edited:

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
It's the beautiful work of Abimael Salazar Violante and I think it's currently the best complete Mark V armor model that exists:
He had previously modeled two variants earlier but that is his newest and best.

I look forward to seeing Lehto finish his version soon as well.

I do love that CE Chief does have that, just a good ole fashioned mutha fuckin space marine, look to him

Also as seen above the Chief is finished? He also did an AR recently it seems

Oct 26, 2017
The other one is the Reach version unfortunately.
I prefer the Reach one between those two by a lot. Second one looks like a weird attempt at trying to mimic the Halo 3 one.

Hope they put in the set from the 20th Anniversary art, it looks perfect. The Mark V will be listed under "Reach" for its variant, so that opens possibilities for others to coexist overtime at least.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Haha oh no!

I totally missed your quote lol. I blame the stupid 'view more posts' "feature"

Dude you are absolutely right tho
R.69d049f0f21c90e7568e2b0ea981c2ef

*Chefs kiss*

It's because the origins are low poly and it's difficult to discern the "true intent" because even the design drawings all kinda look different

If you were a true purist then yes the "LehtoCut" would be definitive I suppose

edit: just look at that ugly helmet, the vents sticking out AND at an angle, vomit.emoji

The Lehto Cut is beautiful, perfect.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense when you think about it.
They have the most time to work on it without going 24/7, then they push it out 3 weeks before Christmas, they probably have all their backend teams go all hands on deck and if the game somehow spontaneously combusts, they have time to try and fix it before everyone's Christmas breaks, hopefully ending the year and launch cycle on a positive note

Edit: when December 10 was going around last night I was happy because I thought that was a good date

Reminder: IT DOES NOT MATTER WHEN IT LAUNCHES, ONLY HOW IT LAUNCHES

we will be playing this game for the next few years minimum, no need to rush

Halo 3 Mark V is perfect in every way. Literally just copy + paste it and I'll never need another helmet.
qft

edit2: holy fuck that other thread. "Gamers" are the worst people on the planet, let's try and keep it together. Nobody owes us anything lol.

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the reddit leak is real.

It is an optimistic look at a rushed and strained development.

The takeway is
1. Despite dev issues the team loves the vision of the game and what the final product will be
2. MP seems essentially done
3. Forge is delayed because its not some baby bitch forge anymore. It's 2021 H5 Forge cranked up.
4. Co-op is delayed because they focused on making an awesome open world campaign first... and are now struggling to find out how to make it work for coop.

At the end of the day I don't really care for campaign co-op unless there's fun achievements with cool rewards to chase (ie LASO/Vidmaster stuff). I will play through the campaign on heroic once, go to the MP and stay there.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I love me some campaign coop but I can see how it could be an issue to recapture that magic in an open world setting. Idk.

We know that there's going to be expanded single-player content later on I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
You got to be kidding me if the release date is December 8.I'm going to be staying at my parents (over 1000 km/600+ miles away) for a little over a month starting December 7, after not seeing them for a little over 2 years now. You got to be kidding me if the game releases on December 8. Now I'm seriously considering either taking my series x over, or just buying a series s there.

I literally got my LG C1 to play this game at release date on a beautiful screen.

RIP. I was so certain the release date would be November.

6 years, 6 years waiting patiently. And it releases just one day too late for me. Sigh.

Last edited:

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The takeway is
1. Despite dev issues the team loves the vision of the game and what the final product will be
3. Forge is delayed because its not some baby bitch forge anymore. It's 2021 H5 Forge cranked up.
4. Co-op is delayed because they focused on making an awesome open world campaign first... and are now struggling to find out how to make it work for coop.

At the end of the day I don't really care for campaign co-op unless there's fun achievements with cool rewards to chase (ie LASO/Vidmaster stuff). I will play through the campaign on heroic once, go to the MP and stay there.
This is a good take. This is basically the development cycle of every AAA game. Having cut and reworked story elements and features is part of literally every game, just most games won't tell you that coop was planned but had to be cut. Halo Infinite is a live service, coop will come, along with tons of other new stuff. The good news is the team is happy with the foundation, because it was always planned to be built upon.

Last edited:

Tactical Tumbler

Sr QA Analyst
Verified
May 26, 2021

The takeway is

Agreed.

With the GaaS model they have the wiggle room they need to get things to where they want them to be. Sure the delays suck, but right now things aren't easy when it comes to shipping something the size of Infinite. I much rather have a game with a solid base at launch to build upon rather than something that they need to constantly patch/play catch up on.