• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Anyone get a feeling that the nerf to sprint means that a Guardian remake is happening? I feel that cut halo 3 mission could fit in this story.

Oct 25, 2017
Biggy has failed me, can someone make my avatar transparent for here. 🥲
XDSHzyg.png

Oct 25, 2017
portal mechanic is top dog compared to other skills that transfer from games like Halo. If you try to hold down an area "conventionally" for too long, you're gonna get jumped from a crazy angle and creamed

I really agree with this, that it changes up map control is really good.

My biggest problem with it right now is shooting through portals. It's like an old bug from a Call of Duty game legitimatized. If the TTK wasn't so low, it might not be as bad? But right now, it's infuriating.

Oct 30, 2017
so are these XP values here to stay? getting big boosts to my rank was a really nice motivator last night considering how much my teams were getting manhandled.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
A close friend surprised me with this cool gift. (Lajos is my first name. Translate: "I received it as a gift and now I'm screaming inside.")

Señor Sepia

Aug 2, 2020
What
Midship needs to come back too.
Midship, Heretic and Truth are some of the best maps ever made in any competitive fps, but im kinda glad we have only seen brand new maps in Halo Infinite so far. I hope we get Midship whenever they release a H2/covenant themes season or something like that.

That makes me wonder if they are going to bring back any Reach map for the first season, im not the biggest fan of Reach level design when it comes to 4v4/mlg/hardcore, but i kinda dig Countdown and some of the bigger maps.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Midship, Heretic and Truth are some of the best maps ever made in any competitive fps, but im kinda glad we have only seen brand new maps in Halo Infinite so far. I hope we get Midship whenever they release a H2/covenant themes season or something like that.

That makes me wonder if they are going to bring back any Reach map for the first season, im not the biggest fan of Reach level design when it comes to 4v4/mlg/hardcore, but i kinda dig Countdown and some of the bigger maps.

The data mining leak showed a map heavily inspired by countdown at least.

I love remakes, why not bring back some of the most beloved and best playing maps?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah. If they are good,, I hope there's plenty of new maps at launch but if each Halo game is going to be a theme, they Need to have a couple of remakes from each game.

Dec 21, 2017

MLG Countdown is good, Countdown is bad.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the person responsible for the awesome rocks in Halo 4/5 must have left.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
More MP map leaks apparently:

Art style gives me Halo Reach vibes, which is fun

I feel like the person responsible for the awesome rocks in Halo 4/5 must have left.

Yeah -- I'm not very impressed by natural scenery with rocks, they look very last gen compared to other ganes, and even feel like a step back for Halo.

There are lot of visual elements in this game that just look.... not great... but then Bazar looked fantastic? I don't get it

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Nice frigate there. There is a shade turret on that map also.

Pretty hyped with everything forerunner so far, they look so... right. Everything really looks quintessentially Halo.

Edit: The more I look at these images the more I want to play Infinite ASAP. Give me a new flight soon please.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017

I, personally, never liked the aesthetic of Halo 4 & 5 rocks, way too sharp in my mind, I always preferred the smoother look of Bungie's rock from Halo 3 and Reach. I'm not going to complain about this, definitely the look I like for Halo aesthetic.

And it seems like we'll be able to select the 3D models we want to apply on weapon on top of the colours coating:

1628544801-234792473-161790999306451-6320007590078095173-n.png

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
I, personally, never liked the aesthetic of Halo 4 & 5 rocks, way too sharp in my mind, I always preferred the smoother look of Bungie's rock from Halo 3 and Reach. I'm not going to complain about this, definitely the look I like for Halo aesthetic.

And it seems like we'll be able to select the 3D models we want to apply on weapon on top of the colours coating:

1628544801-234792473-161790999306451-6320007590078095173-n.png

Ohh, I had to google how the AR usually looks like in Infinite. The new one is not 100% in my memory yet haha.
Ngm8SnJ.png

Oct 30, 2017
Why can't I find a match for H3 ranked in MCC but social is super fast? I want to play against people as good (read: as bad) as me. Not being dunked on every match. Feels like a lot of tryhards in social.

Also, last match, we start and some douche on our team starts shooting a teammate. I shoot him back then our other teammate betrays me. I quit. Fuck this shit. I don't have time for this crap.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Those maps are definitely hitting some good notes, especially the sand one. Gives me vibes of a classic 4v4 with a Warthog/Ghost map, though I think it might also be big team because there was a Wasp in the E3 video.

As others have said I would love a Guardian remake. And Pit. Honestly wouldn't ask for anything more than that lol. With this gameplay loop/sprint set up the opportunity for H3 remakes is definitely there, hope they follow through! Probably a H3 themed season coming at some point…

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
The desert map looks good very H3-like. The indoor one I need to see more of. Bottom right is straight ugly, it looks like last summer's campaign demo.

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
oh, i didn't realize colossus is a 4v4 map. interesting choice.
i do find that 4v4 games can get a bit boring (assuming non-objective and precision starts) so it'd be neat to see more of those maps with vehicles

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh, i didn't realize colossus is a 4v4 map. interesting choice.
i do find that 4v4 games can get a bit boring (assuming non-objective and precision starts) so it'd be neat to see more of those maps with vehicles

Alot of people forget that maps like Valhalla and Rats Nest were common in 4v4 matchmaking games. So it's great to see those types of maps return in Infinite.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not against vehicles in 4v4 per se - just not a fan of maps which have been made for BTB in 4v4.

Valhalla is great but I don't like it in 4v4.

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
yeah i don't love getting stuff like valhalla or standoff in 4v4s. they're good maps, i just don't really like them with small teams

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Well guys I'm pissed

Infinite is a few months away, and I just got covid. There goes that built in excuse to take off work

(I am vaccinated, it's not a 1:1 thing)

As soon as release week was coming up I was just gunna start licking gas station pump handles, but now I'll need a new excuse

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a serious lack of small and midsized 4v4 maps with vehicles lately. Maps like Ascension, turf, Zanzibar, ghost town, high ground, isolation , snowbound etc…

granted, some of these maps were garbage tier, but if nothing else, show that vehicles should have never been relegated to BTB and warzone.

Well guys I'm pissed

Infinite is a few months away, and I just got covid. There goes that built in excuse to take off work

(I am vaccinated, it's not a 1:1 thing)

As soon as release week was coming up I was just gunna start licking gas station pump handles, but now I'll need a new excuse

Get well soon!

the good news is you won't be licking gas pump handles…. Or at least you won't be able to use Halo as an excuse to do it…

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
BTB maps in 4v4 suck and it's the one thing I will instantly quit out of.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a serious lack of small and midsized 4v4 maps with vehicles lately. Maps like Ascension, turf, Zanzibar, ghost town, high ground, isolation , snowbound etc…

granted, some of these maps were garbage tier, but if nothing else, show that vehicles should have never been relegated to BTB and warzone.

Get well soon!

the good news is you won't be licking gas pump handles…. Or at least you won't be able to use Halo as an excuse to do it…

Yeah don't worry I'll be completely fine. My wife is a school teacher and got it from other teachers the week before school 😡

But we're both super healthy people.

I do agree that 4v4 and vehicle can work, it adds in that extra halo magic when a vehicle is around.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah don't worry I'll be completely fine. My wife is a school teacher and got it from other teachers the week before school 😡

But we're both super healthy people.
You being vaccinated and generally healthy is a huge comfort.

I do agree that 4v4 and vehicle can work, it adds in that extra halo magic when a vehicle is around.

yeah, even when they don't make for perfectly fair experience, the hilarity that typically ensues is usually worth it!