• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also...

wCpc64i.png

tears-of-joy-tears-happiness-kevin-hart-crying-gif-4898801.gif

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think in hindsight I enjoyed reach more than 4 but it was probably only because of the community

4 launch was actual trash.

343 legitimately saved reach

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I think in hindsight I enjoyed reach more than 4 but it was probably only because of the community

4 launch was actual trash.

343 legitimately saved reach

This is truth

As a game, I did not like reach

But I had more fun in that game than any Halo ever, because of meeting now life long friends in it, forge, invasion, customs, etc

Edit: also I have this convinced myself that somehow I will have a waypoint message tmrw inviting me.

I'm not actually upset I didn't get in, like it's totally okay. But at the same time, don't say you sorted out by longest tenured insiders first and foremost and went from there, and then have people like myself and others here excluded. It just feels a bit disengenious. Super excited for everyone else to get hands on tho, I look forward to seeing my irl friends and your guys thoughts and footage

Last edited:

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Bloom and Armor Abilities killed Reach for me. It's also slow. and the over-reliance on forge was obnoxious. I dont the mp in that game and the rerelease was a good reminder.

4 had a decent btb mode and the game distilled down to the basics, its not bad albeit a bit too... easy. the 4v4 maps stink.

I also put entirely too much time into both.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Commando seems really powerful. 6 shots to drain shields and then a headshot to kill.

But if you slow the playback on this video there is NOT a lot of aim assist. Maybe PC? Not sure.

www.youtube.com

Halo Infinite Tech Preview - Multiplayer Academy Weapon Drill Gameplay Overview

See how you'll get hands on practice with the different weapons in Halo Infinite's multiplayer using the Academy's weapon drills.#IGN #HaloInfinite

yeah that thing melted in the actual mp match. I foresee some tuning.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Commando seems really powerful. 6 shots to drain shields and then a headshot to kill.

But if you slow the playback on this video there is NOT a lot of aim assist. Maybe PC? Not sure.

www.youtube.com

Halo Infinite Tech Preview - Multiplayer Academy Weapon Drill Gameplay Overview

See how you'll get hands on practice with the different weapons in Halo Infinite's multiplayer using the Academy's weapon drills.#IGN #HaloInfinite

Could just not be a lot of aim assist, which would be nice. Doesn't need to be Halo 5 level when there's less mobility options.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think radar persists for a bit after the shot but I'm not sure.

Was he somehow firing the AR in semiautomatic for a second or two there?

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I think that footage left a lot to be desired. I still feel like we are being given this middle ground no mans land where we took out all the deep technical shit that makes Halo 5 fun, but still kept enough basic mobility shit that stops us from having a classic Halo game as well.

Hopefully feeling it out in flight will make me feel better like eventually playing Strive did.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I've liked every mainline Halo eventually besides Halo Reach. This is the first Halo game I'm just not excited for. I do know they'll knock forge out of the park and I'm hoping we can recreate Halo 5 settings (sans Spartan Abilities like Ground Pound and Charge) in Forge as thruster/thruster-slides+all the changes Infinite is bringing would be the perfect Halo game.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think radar persists for a bit after the shot but I'm not sure.

Was he somehow firing the AR in semiautomatic for a second or two there?

Feathering it

But thats never really been worth it in other Halo's.

It was Jarrards gameplay so I took it with a grain of salt. He's better than a normal dev or journalist. Lots of AR usage, not a lot of pistol usage makes me worried. Seems we got confirmation social is AR and ranked is BR as well.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pistol is a 7 shot kill, not too bad for how fast it shoots. It'll be a decent cleanup weapon.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder when instructions will go out on how to DL it? Am hoping to kick that off before I head to bed (assuming it will go live late for us Euro folk)

Nollemaster

Oct 27, 2017

This can't be Recon armor. Was this... made by the same designer who did the Mark V Alpha in Halo 5?

EDIT: Ok it is called the Trailblazer armor, I'm rewatching the technical preview now. I'm really excited for the armor customization in the full game. Still a bit sad they ditched the old color customization system for the armor coatings, and I don't recall seeing anything about emblems?

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This can't be Recon armor. Was this... made by the same designer who did the Mark V Alpha in Halo 5?

EDIT: Ok it is called the Trailblazer armor, I'm rewatching the technical preview now. I'm really excited for the armor customization in the full game. Still a bit sad they ditched the old color customization system for the armor coatings, and I don't recall seeing anything about emblems?

It is likely an updated version of 343's ugly ass version of Recon since Halo 4, just renamed and with a new look. Some sort of GEN2 thing or whatever. I still don't understand how the whole armor core shit works.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
So, I've watched the full multiplayer match shown on the livestream, and while the E3 trailer felt perfect I do feel like this build feels different. Some effects are missing, some sounds aren't similar, and I don't really like the end result in gameplay. Everything feels so "mechanical", when Halo multiplayer has always felt "organic" to me.

Here are my thoughts in details, I'd love to see what some Halo fans think.

That's because your Chief Editor was still writing more articles than you.
444244263979450368.png

Joke aside, I might not be able to play during all those 4 days, I can lend you my account if you want to give the flight a try buddy. :)

And be patient, some of my French and Spanish friends just received their invitation 30 minutes ago, and don't forget sometimes they just share a notification with you on HaloWaypoint without having the email.

Hahaha, I actually posted here thinking you might see it. Thanks for the offer, but I ended up getting an invite yesterday so all's good.
I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't fucking stand these games as I am matched with teammates that I think are quite literally babies. Sometimes I watch them to see what they're doing and they're in fact running into walls and looking around like its baby's first day on planet Earth. Gee I didn't know I made it into the Halo Infinite flight because I'm surrounded by FUCKING BOTS.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
I can't fucking stand these games as I am matched with teammates that I think are quite literally babies. Sometimes I watch them to see what they're doing and they're in fact running into walls and looking around like its baby's first day on planet Earth. Gee I didn't know I made it into the Halo Infinite flight because I'm surrounded by FUCKING BOTS.

Have been playing more CoD than halo recently as they just added CTF and its HORRIFIC watching teammates in that mode when you die.

Countless times I have got the flag close to home, and instead of picking it up and capping it, players will stand a hair distance away from it and not actually go get it. I have even had players pick it up and accidentally run it back to the enemy side.

I think I would take bots in my team over the randoms I often get lol.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
A lot of armor variants will include a Gen 3 version (the revamped artstyle) with the original names - We've seen the scout and Recon helmets already. There are also going to be Gen 2 versions (Halo 4/5) with different names to help differentiate them from the "main" version of the permutations.

Oct 25, 2017
Have been playing more CoD than halo recently as they just added CTF and its HORRIFIC watching teammates in that mode when you die.

Countless times I have got the flag close to home, and instead of picking it up and capping it, players will stand a hair distance away from it and not actually go get it. I have even had players pick it up and accidentally run it back to the enemy side.

I think I would take bots in my team over the randoms I often get lol.
any game with an objective will have orangutans ignoring it, I have this experience in halo all the time
sometimes I have to take a break after I've walked the flag back to base like 4 times in a row and teammates failed to support as the entire enemy team descended upon me, and repeatedly refuse to walk the flag the final three feet
if bots play the objective then they're already better than at least 50% of human players

Oct 17, 2018
People who have played over a certain amount across all the Halo titles should get automatically invited. Don't see why people who played for 2 days when Reach launched on PC should get in.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully you get a waypoint message, it's kinda trash seeing people who have played Halo for years not get in.

To be fair, I have definitely missed some. Granted my Surface Pro 3 can barely launch MCC without an immediate crash, but I've tried.

lJ9BAyB.jpg

Again, I can't be genuinely upset cause life is way more than a free bot test weekend. But like..

"Then we go by tenure, prioritizing longer standing Insiders and going down the list until we've hit our total audience size. "

🤔

I also am fortunate enough to have a "PC", series s, series x, one s and one x in my possession. So it's not lack of options.

A good friend of mine is going through a really difficult time and he is super stoked he got in, so if holding me out made it so he got in, then it's all worth it to me.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This can't keep happening to nilla. First, no maps in matchmaking. Next, everything else, including but not limited to Mk. V's disrespect. Now, this.

It ain't right. Take my spot Stinkles, give it to nilla.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, I have definitely missed some. Granted my Surface Pro 3 can barely launch MCC without an immediate crash, but I've tried.

lJ9BAyB.jpg

Again, I can't be genuinely upset cause life is way more than a free bot test weekend. But like..

"Then we go by tenure, prioritizing longer standing Insiders and going down the list until we've hit our total audience size. "

🤔

I also am fortunate enough to have a "PC", series s, series x, one s and one x in my possession. So it's not lack of options.

A good friend of mine is going through a really difficult time and he is super stoked he got in, so if holding me out made it so he got in, then it's all worth it to me.

I mean I skipped all the flights I was invited to and got in. My son uses my original account with 30K Halo matches on it across all titles and it didn't get invited, lol. It seems random, tbh.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
This can't keep happening to nilla. First, no maps in matchmaking. Next, everything else, including but not limited to Mk. V's disrespect. Now, this.

It ain't right. Take my spot Stinkles, give it to nilla.

I'm not saying their is a company wide conspiracy against

But I'm also not saying their isn't one

like I said tho, seems like almost all of my friends are in, and that makes me happy. Seems def weird I was omitted, but it's all good.
Aslong as I get in all future flights, early access and maps in matchmaking

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got in because they probably saw my era and gaf post history and saw I got good opinions on halo

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Hahaha, I actually posted here thinking you might see it. Thanks for the offer, but I ended up getting an invite yesterday so all's good.
I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Glad to read you're in buddy! We worked together for many years, but I don't think we ever played together online, so if you're up, we can have some fun on the Flight together, also, some old school HD might join me as well, so you're more than welcome.

Regarding your post, there's one thing I don't really like in Halo Infinite so far (well, both actually), one you mentioned here:

Popping off the shield of an enemy also seems less of an achievement in itself.

I really don't like what they have done with the Spartan shield.

First, I don't like they killed that beautiful yellow colour which we came to love for 20 years now, and changing the shield color depending on your team (which now will always be red or salmon I guess depending on my settings, might change it to yellow, thanks 343 for allowing use to customize this).

Second, I thought the feedback for how damaged the shield is was really visually poor.

In the last games, the shield was growing and getting brighter the more damage it was until it would pop off and have sparkles around the Spartan, so you would immediately understand at which level the shield currently is, when it is off and when you could aim for the head if you were aiming for the body to pop the shield off.

It was easy for you, and your teammate, to get this crucial information.

Now, the Spartan's shield seems way less visible, almost like the Elite shield from Halo CE Anniversary, and I hope that is something we can share feedback about and make them change that.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Finally watched that stream from yesterday. Ske7ch is such a pro. And a nerd. Durango? Really? lol.

I like most of what I saw. I'm still confused as to the point of sprint. It looks barely faster. I suppose to slide and stuff...

I noticed the new BR75 has a 2.5x scope. Does this mean the DMR is out? Usually BR has a 2x scope, right? Or am I misremembering...

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
So uh, is there any point trying to get into Waypoint? Are those who are getting in getting their codes? Or is it just a mad scramble as people are hoping for the best?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Literally everyone took 12pm as gospel and now everyone is trying to get into Waypoint. Lol.

I got on and there is still nothing. Wait for official word.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Welp... i guess there isn't, but i think its better to be loged in in case they drop the flight and waypoint still doesn't work.

Also, a lot of people are spamming f5 trying to log in, so i guess its better for the server to be loged than doing that.

Ah I'm expecting the servers to time out before codes go out but its prob not a bad idea to get logged in and navigating around

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations! You've been chosen to participate in the upcoming Halo Infinite multiplayer technical preview this weekend, July 29 - August 1! This email is to confirm your selection and inform you that you will receive all the details for this flight, including instructions on how to download your pre-release build, in the next few days via email and Waypoint message.

Still no email or message.