• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
This month's II is about flighting, so I think that buries invites going out before that. Insert Spongebob waiting in restaurant gif.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
So we thinking, what, maybe news by this weekend? If streamers are getting pre invites I guess they want to make sure they're all hooked up before sending out gen pop theirs.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I guess this Inside Infinite will share the content of the Flight (maps, mode, small battle pass), the matchmaking program, a beta invite to Halo Waypoint Next both on Web and Mobile, and the end date of this flight? Not expecting too much of it.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I have to agree. I thought I would not get to this point, I mean MCC is a ton of content and yet I am bored of it.

Nothing against the games, I have probably over 20K matches in Halo 3 alone. I can only revisit something so much, and honestly they are dated to me "feel" wise compared to stuff like Apex.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why streamers need a "heads up"? What is the point if they giving everyone the heads up in this month's update?

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why streamers need a "heads up"? What is the point if they giving everyone the heads up in this month's update?

I guess it's mostly so they can prepare in advance the kind of content they want to create or share, and knowing if they are allowed to, like, idk, maybe some would prepare content dedicated to the Battle Pass within the Flight, or some gameplay analysis, some stuff you and I, who aren't creating content (well, not sure about you but I guess) don't really need to know in advance, so 343 is just giving them a head up.

I just think it's funny some Content Creator thought they would have access to the Flight before anyone else, and that it was coming by the end of the week.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
From the sounds of it it's less a "heads up" and more 343 trying to make sure they're got all the influencer's details so they can play the flight.

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to submit to the courts that the halo 2 version of the energy sword has yet to be beaten aesthetically in the series.

kjEqu7N.gif

o1hVPqq.gif

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, I think the Infinite sword could use improvement it doesn't look very lethal.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I gotta figure out if I'm in the Insider program or not. Site says I am, but I can't recall seeing any past invites.... I might be part of the six figures :negman:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi

So that Battlefield 2043 Portal Mode

I'm gonna need that in Infinite, thanks.

tldr imagine if MCC and Forge had a baby and that baby was a demigod

Oct 26, 2017
Hi

So that Battlefield 2043 Portal Mode

I'm gonna need that in Infinite, thanks.

tldr imagine if MCC and Forge had a baby and that baby was a demigod

The work DICE/Ripple are doing on this game is really making me realize how we've become content with getting the bare minimum for a Halo game. Infinite is looking great cause they're finally doing what we've been asking, but it's looking like another pretty barebones installment. Hopefully Forge makes up for it.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd argue that in regards to the control players have with content Halo is still ahead in some ways.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
The work DICE/Ripple are doing on this game is really making me realize how we've become content with getting the bare minimum for a Halo game. Infinite is looking great cause they're finally doing what we've been asking, but it's looking like another pretty barebones installment. Hopefully Forge makes up for it.

DICE isn't developing a campaign along side this, and it's a completely different studio handling the portal. It's a great addition, but I don't think it's comparable to what should be expected of 343. Forge will probably see big improvements regardless.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Been saying this for years now, but Halo just needs good mod support or even a SDK. That Battlefield 2042 Portal mode comes very close to a) what I wanted in terms of gametype modification and b) in terms of porting over older content like weapons, vehicles and maps. That visual scripting language seems to have a good complexity and I'm excited to see what people will be able to do with it.

Seeing as how Halo Infinite is going to be a platform for 10 years, I really hope they are considering this. You'll probably need tons of content to keep the playerbase engaged and what better way is there, than to let the community help you with creating said content?

I'd certainly invest more into Forge, a much complexer gametype creator and even a custom campaign/level editor, if I was planning for 10 years.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
DICE isn't developing a campaign along side this, and it's a completely different studio handling the portal. It's a great addition, but I don't think it's comparable to what should be expected of 343. Forge will probably see big improvements regardless.
How many studios are being put toward Infinite though? And we're talking about Microsoft here, don't you think they could make a support studio for such a huge investment such as Halo, the flagship title of Xbox? All I'm saying is we're probably going to get less content at launch than we got with a game as old as Reach, and part of that reason is because 343i hasn't had strong management or clear vision throughout the past 6 years between 5 and Infinite. There is such an easy baseline they could have prioritized to satisfy fans that was obvious after 5, which was more game modes and (unique) maps at launch, BTB support at launch, full armor customization, and a variety of others multiplayer wise. The game seems to be coming in so hot this year that they're not even ready to put a date on their flighting, unlike 2042. It always baffles me how much time and resources 343i has to burn through to realize the obvious. It took one disappointing Battlefield game to get 2042, it's taken over a decade for something as basic as Infinite.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what they've put out so far and there will be a strong base to build the game off of, but I don't want to have to wait a year again for features that should be there at launch. And that's not even factoring in the lack of new ideas or community support modes we have seen, unless Forge is really going to be something incredible this time around. If it is, I'll gladly eat crow, but it's frustrating needing to wait this long for literally the most basic features.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In addition to what's being discussed, we should be getting more Halo than we have been.

No spinoffs
No Halo Legends 2
No animated shorts
No Spartan Strike on consoles

6 years between Halo releases and no supplemental media outside of novels? Chill, we need more. Franchise is too rich to be limited like this.

Oct 26, 2017
In addition to what's being discussed, we should be getting more Halo than we have been.

No spinoffs
No Halo Legends 2
No animated shorts

6 years between Halo releases and no supplemental media outside of novels? Chill, we need more. Franchise is too rich to be limited like this.
I'm really surprised MS never tried to capitalize more on Halo's popularity and universe. There are so many possibilities for spinoffs and we only got two top down shooters and a dave and buster's arcade game...

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Franchise is too rich to be limited like this.

While I'd like some nice spin-off, such as the Halo Megablock which leaked a few years ago, I've got to be honest and say I'm quite happy they aren't making too much content to the point I would have a Halo overdose.

Sure, there's a balance between way too much and nothing at all, but if I had to choose, I'd take the later.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While I'd like some nice spin-off, such as the Halo Megablock which leaked a few years ago, I've got to be honest and say I'm quite happy they aren't making too much content to the point I would have a Halo overdose.

Sure, there's a balance between way too much and nothing at all, but if I had to choose, I'd take the later.
So you'd choose closer to nothing? I hard disagree with that.

Flood us with Halo content, then it'll be more relevant with the general masses. CoD floods us every year and it's still huge. Halo has a deep pool of fiction to hit us with, but we're still thirsty for new experiences. A new spinoff doesn't take away from Infinite; it'll help grow the franchise.

Halo was at its prime when we were getting extended fiction in the form of animated movies, live action media, comics, novels, Halo Wars between major releases, cool mobile spinoffs like Spartan Assault and Strike, etc.

Now? 6 years between major releases with nothing inbetween except for novels. Hopefully things change after Infinite.

jem

Oct 25, 2017

No spinoffs
No Halo Legends 2
No animated shorts

So you'd choose closer to nothing? I hard disagree with that.

Flood us with Halo content, then it'll be more relevant with the general masses. CoD floods us every year and it's still huge. Halo has a deep pool of fiction to hit us with, but we're still thirsty for new experiences. A new spinoff doesn't take away from Infinite; it'll help grow the franchise.

Halo was at its prime when we were getting extended fiction in the form of animated movies, live action media, comics, novels, Halo Wars between major releases, cool mobile spinoffs like Spartan Assault and Strike, etc.

Now? 6 years between major releases with nothing inbetween except for novels. Hopefully things change after Infinite.
Halo Wars 2 released in 2017.

I completely agree with your point though. We need more Halo.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
This a joke on when you personally think Halo was at its prime, lol? Because Halo Wars 1's period was when I was referring to, around 2009.
Huh?

I'm confused.

You said this:
Halo Wars between major releases, cool mobile spinoffs like Spartan Assault and Strike, etc.

I was pointing out that we had Halo Wars 2 since Halo 5.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Huh?

I'm confused.

You said this:

I was pointing out that we had Halo Wars 2 since Halo 5.
Ohh true, yeah I was kinda discounting it since it was a sequel, but you're right, it does count.

Need more Halo Wars 2! Games that they know may not sell gangbusters, but will grow the franchise outside of the typical mainline releases.