• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair the Halo TV show screens were dropped like it was nothing here too lol.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoy the general action of the game but the portal gimmick is a bit much for me.

I found it to be, well, just a gimmick tbh. It's unfortunately very limited, and the level design doesn't allow to throw a portal far away if you're not in a perfectly aligned position.

I use it to escape quickly by preparing a portal far away and one close to my position, but that's about it, so far, I've been playing Splitgate like a faster Halo (I would say it plays pretty much like Halo 4).

Tbh, if Infinite plays like this, regarding Sprint and such, with added QoL gameplay like clamber, I will be quite happy.

Also, I'm surprisingly loving the jetpack, it's very limited but helps quite a bit for map traversal.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I found it to be, well, just a gimmick tbh. It's unfortunately very limited, and the level design doesn't allow to throw a portal far away if you're not in a perfectly aligned position.

I use it to escape quickly by preparing a portal far away and one close to my position, but that's about it, so far, I've been playing Splitgate like a faster Halo (I would say it plays pretty much like Halo 4).
Gotta expand your gameplay then! You can be insanely creative with the portals.

Tbh, if Infinite plays like this, regarding Sprint and such, with added QoL gameplay like clamber, I will be quite happy.

Also, I'm surprisingly loving the jetpack, it's very limited but helps quite a bit for map traversal.
There's no stopping power to sprint, so that's a big no from me. It's very common to see people sprinting around everywhere without penalty. Combine portals to escape and a radar to let you know who to run away from, it often leads to a game of chase.

I don't know how I'll feel about this the more I play. VIP in particular highlights the issues with sprint. A competent VIP is frustratingly very hard to kill because of how strong sprint and jet packs are. At least the VIP can't shoot portals tho.

But it definitely feels like the core gameplay could be an alternate Halo timeline after Halo 4. I've enjoyed it so far, hopefully it finds a playerbase and keeps improving.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I hope they say and release nothing until the final release lol

I'm tired of being spoiled. I can wait. It's part of the fun.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Anyone else running into "connecting to transport services" in MCC on Steam? I can't break through it. I've tried just about everything, including a fresh install and nothing seems to be helping. I just submitted a ticket but figured I'd check around in here :/

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love how they made an impossible ranked reward for me this season. Can't find games as a 25 in H4 squad battle lmao

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a 50 to 8 match in 5 where the other team didn't get a single kill until we were up 26 - 0. Then followed that up a few games later where I went 27 - 0. ❣️Social

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Monday probably isn't a great day to try and find competitive matches, either Wednesday once it resets, or the weekends seem better.

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
Anyone else running into "connecting to transport services" in MCC on Steam? I can't break through it. I've tried just about everything, including a fresh install and nothing seems to be helping. I just submitted a ticket but figured I'd check around in here :/
I've still been having those leaving matchmaking errors since I visited :(

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
sooooooo Halo support got back to me and told me there is zero workarounds. I just can't play Halo until the game gets patched or it somehow fixes itself. what the fuck man

I've still been having those leaving matchmaking errors since I visited :(
I'd submit a ticket dude, they reached out to help me within 24 hours when I did while you were down here and it just stopped being a problem for me.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Six figures worth of people couldn't do that, oof.

tenor.gif

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I read that Halo 3 tournament doesn't end until July 31st, can't see them pushing any flighting news until that is over. RIP

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Doubles in Halo sucks and only exists to be buried by literally anything else.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
I read that Halo 3 tournament doesn't end until July 31st, can't see them pushing any flighting news until that is over. RIP
I don't think it's that big of a blocker, but more that, if we were getting July flights, we would have heard by now. Definitely feels like August at this point.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's that big of a blocker, but more that, if we were getting July flights, we would have heard by now. Definitely feels like August at this point.

I'm not saying that's the reason they didn't announce it, just that it points towards it being unlikely. I've always said their inside Infinite this month would probably be when we hear something.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they are holding back because the Microsoft Q4 FY2021 earnings call is happening on the 27th.

Not too uncommon to withhold information for these, at least for other publishers.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You guys didn't get the memo? Infinite was cancelled, they're instead diverting resources to Splitgate.
So, Splitgate is... Fine? But I should not be stomping on kids the way I am.
Halo vet coming in hot. Shouldn't be surprising lol.
Splitgate is ok, its pretty superficially like halo though. And why not just play that instead?
Can't shoot portals in Halo 😇

But really, it's just a nice little side treat at the moment. The menus and UI of the lobby, store, etc., leave a lot to be desired tho.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
My main issue is that it "borrows" so damn heavily from other games. The mode was literally called Team Swat and you get the not BR and not DMR as starting weapons.

I'll give props to the developers by saying they did a great job curating all these different elements, but original it is not. Fun enough though. Good way to scratch the Halo itch without playing Halo lol.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Splitgate is similar to how I experienced Murder Miners. Played Murder Miners for a bit as a supplemental not-Halo, doing the same with Splitgate until the itch is gone.

Where's the Pistol tho? There's a pose that's holding one, but I haven't seen it anywhere.