• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
After 300 or so matchmaking games in MCC, I've managed to claw my way to a 1.0 KDR, which imo is no small feat given all the players who have been playing Halo since 2001. I played a lot of CE and 2 back in the day but didn't have a 360 so I never played much of 3, Reach, and 4. I'm looking forward to Infinite with a large playerbase full of people of all skill levels.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I was lovin the Battlefield 2552 custom today, but the sniper is OP as fuck there's like no reason to pick anything else. You snip banshees out of the sky with like a mag.

It's going to be lots of fun when the browser gets going

Oct 26, 2017
I was lovin the Battlefield 2552 custom today, but the sniper is OP as fuck there's like no reason to pick anything else. You snip banshees out of the sky with like a mag.

It's going to be lots of fun when the browser gets going
Yeah the Reach sandbox wasn't super well balanced. Not sure what they were thinking by making the Sniper an AV weapons.

Señor Sepia

Aug 2, 2020
What
Yeah the Reach sandbox wasn't super well balanced. Not sure what they were thinking by making the Sniper an AV weapons.
I hate halo vehicles after Reach, when i played Reach with my friends, as soon as an enemy had a vehicle we just spammed with whatever human weapon we had and there is nothing the driver can do to save himself. Hell, even the assault rifle was crazy good against ANY vehicle.

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Kinda off topic, but has anyone dealt with graded games before? Picking up a "sealed" (hopefully not a reseal) Halo 3 platinum hits for $5 tomorrow and am wondering if it's worth sending out since my cost is so low. Otherwise I'm going to crack it open and power up my old 360.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
I made a compilation video editing all the current material of the multiplayer and leaving only the gameplay sections with the first person, third person, etc perspectives, the video starts the 1:35 minutes mark it's at 1080p 60FPS enjoy!:

Oct 25, 2017
whats the fastest/easiest way to accomplish this
BUowsHn.jpg

probably target locator CR farming method huh

EDIT: yep that's the answer im already done

Last edited:

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
Yesterday while playing MCC online the game just froze for about 15 seconds and then my Xbox turned itself off. My controller stayed on and I had to turn the console back on manually. When I went back to mp I received a message saying I had been banned from matchmaking. Granted the ban was over by the time I read the message. The message said I was banned until 940pm which was probably a 5 minute ban if I had to guess.

My concern is why was I banned? I don't quit matches and I was forced out of this match through no fault of my own. I was worried what would happen if everything froze again in my next game. Would I be hit with a longer ban? That was my concern and it seemed unfair.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
My concern is why was I banned? I don't quit matches and I was forced out of this match through no fault of my own. I was worried what would happen if everything froze again in my next game. Would I be hit with a longer ban? That was my concern and it seemed unfair.
Yes that's exactly why, and there's nothing that can be done about that. Their servers can't tell the difference between your console locking up, and you yanking out your modem cable in disgust. However that's why it's an incremental ban, it's supposed to punish repeat offenders within a time period (where doing it quickly and often results in longer bans), if it happens infrequently you will be largely unaffected and 5 minutes is all you'll ever see.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
Yes that's exactly why, and there's nothing that can be done about that. Their servers can't tell the difference between your console locking up, and you yanking out your modem cable in disgust.

I'm very bad at all MP MCC games but I don't quit. Odd though that I'm much better at Halo 5 mp.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Yes that's exactly why, and there's nothing that can be done about that. Their servers can't tell the difference between your console locking up, and you yanking out your modem cable in disgust. However that's why it's an incremental ban, it's supposed to punish repeat offenders within a time period (where doing it quickly and often results in longer bans), if it happens infrequently you will be largely unaffected and 5 minutes is all you'll ever see.

And if you have starlink in beta the progressive bans for disconnects can be a major PitA. I get it though

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know of any issues with Series X and MCC? My Series X has crashed three times now playing MCC. First time in a multiplayer game after a couple hours then two more times after attempting a LASO playlist.

My Series X has a lot of space, so it's well ventilated. It's never done this for any other game either. I saw/heard it could be related to HDR10, so I disabled it and it still crashed (this latest crash).

Oct 25, 2017
got my white sword
VKkh5bl.jpg

MnX79Bh.jpg

Does anyone know of any issues with Series X and MCC? My Series X has crashed three times now playing MCC. First time in a multiplayer game after a couple hours then two more times after attempting a LASO playlist.

My Series X has a lot of space, so it's well ventilated. It's never done this for any other game either. I saw/heard it could be related to HDR10, so I disabled it and it still crashed (this latest crash).
my mcc on XSX likes to frequently fail to start
but once it successfully starts i dont have any crash issues

Oct 25, 2017
How did you get it so fast?
343 points with the energy sword - I just played a bunch of action sack where fiesta is common. Matchmaking kills are worth 10 points, so really you only need 35 sword kills. Not hard after a few games where swords are plentiful. Even if I didn't spawn with one, I could find one laying on the ground somewhere.

Kill 500 high ranking elites in campaign - The old CR farming method in Reach. Load up ONI Sword Base on Heroic with Thunderstorm skull on (so that all elites are high ranking). Straight up just run past all the enemies until you make it to the other side in the garage with the target locator. Grab it, aim it toward the enemies outside and pull the trigger. Then before it hits, immediately back up against the closed door in the back to trigger a checkpoint just before they hit. Now you can revert that checkpoint over and over and get 3-4 elites per period.
It will probably take a few tries to get the checkpoint timing right plus hitting the right amount of elites. I redid mine maybe 6 times until I got a good one. Then I just threw on a youtube video while I continuously reverted to last checkpoint and I was done before the youtube video was over.

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The first thing that would need the HD texture pack is the Halo Online armors they just added. 😂

Oct 25, 2017
They've got a sword for every color of the rainbow now except cyan
gimme dat combat evolved sword please
why do we have every choice except the obvious choice

9R2vyMWl.png

also I wonder if Infinite will end up having microsoft tie-in customizations
like a doom crucible energy sword
would yall be down for that or no

BwVC4PT.jpg

Imagine if they ever add a HD texture pack, or ray tracing to MCC Halo 3 - it already looks so good in the right situations, and that would just bring it to another level
I've played around with reshade stuff that adds some limited raytracing into the games
it's pretty neat
performance takes a hit but it looks purdy

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Now that mod tools are out, I'm re-familiarising myself with the tool set by remaking on of my 25 maps from 2006-2007 for Custom Edition - but built from the ground up for MCC this time.

What a time it is to be a Halo fan!

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Now that mod tools are out, I'm re-familiarising myself with the tool set by remaking on of my 25 maps from 2006-2007 for Custom Edition - but built from the ground up for MCC this time.

What a time it is to be a Halo fan!

thats awesome, cant wait to see progress, do share along the way!

I'm desperate to be part of a new build, even vicariously through twitter

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
With the game coming out in about 5 months, it almost feels like the beta will just randomly drop any day now. With them calling it flights I assume they actually wanna use the data to improve the MP and it won't just be a demo.

Oct 25, 2017
With the game coming out in about 5 months, it almost feels like the beta will just randomly drop any day now. With them calling it flights I assume they actually wanna use the data to improve the MP and it won't just be a demo.
You'd think but 343 folks keep saying later this summer, with no indication that they mean especially soon
but fingers crossed they're just being very coy

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
You know what would be cool?

A weapon skin you can only earn if you pick up a weapon with it attached.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
This was posted in the multiplayer reveal thread and is worth a watch if you missed it - Shyway breaks down the controversy and issues that may (or may not) be a part of power up pick ups, player outlines, and sprinting with the flag. Great constructive feedback.

winkerstein

May 5, 2020
North America
Shyway is great. He is very intelligent and pointed out a lot of things I didn't really consider. Fighting over the powerups for example got a lot more interesting and in my opinion changed for the better. It should be a lot more about setting up to grab it, over just rushing for it to burn it just so the other team doesn't get it.

I think an interesting idea would be that a powerup shouldn't be allowed to sit in your "inventory" for more then a few minutes before it either drops off of you or activates automatically, or maybe the longer it sits in your "inventory" the shorter the duration of the effect lasts after you finally activate it.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the OS in particular needs more of a glow than just a little trailer.

I also think it should do away with the invincibility. As soon as you can fire your gun, invincibility goes away.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished a 14 hours Halo Live stream, it's 6 AM here, time to sleep so

Wake me when you need me (no pun intended)

Have a good day!

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Community: I'm worried about the sweeping gameplay ramifications with the ability to pocket powerups.
Me: I don't like that the OS is yellow and not green.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 bug - I may have posted about this ages ago, but anyone have their controls revert to default (?) mid-match? Happened to me again recently. So strange.