• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
halo-ce-hold-me.gif

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I was wrong for the colors, but still, looks really fun, can't wait!

Too bad, no beta announcement. :/

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The Cortana story element has me excited, if they can tap into the connection they really created in Halo 4 it's gonna be great

Hope the old Cortana and her (non Halo 5) design still exists

Femme Man

Oct 28, 2017
Totally called ditching RvB but no release date? No beta talks? Uhh... lol

Other than that I need to get a second look at the trailer. It looks pretty good.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.halowaypoint.com

Halo Infinite Multiplayer Reveal

<p>Fall in, Spartans! A new day is upon us. Today and through this week we’re excited to share, and show, the first details of what you can expect when Halo Infinite’s free-to-play multiplayer experience arrives later this year on Xbox and PC. Whether you’re a returning player or brand new to...

In addition to returning favorites and brand-new weapons, Halo Infinite's sandbox is punctuated by the addition of Halo 3-esque equipment – game-changing limited-use abilities that players will scavenge for during a match. In today's trailer you'll catch the first glimpse of two additional pieces of equipment: the Threat Sensor is an area-of-effect support device that periodically pulses and illuminates enemy players within it's radius while the aptly named Repulsor can be used to deflect projectiles and anything else that gets in the way. Whether it's zipping across a map to gain the high ground using a Grappleshot or digging in your defenses with a Drop Wall, equipment brings new strategic and tactical options to Halo Infinite's frenetic multiplayer combat with more additions to come in future seasonal updates.

haloinfinite_mp03_1120x630-d59e658afd2d41d696cfcd0d2e01d610.jpg

When Halo Infinite releases this holiday, it will also usher in the long-awaited return of Big Team Battle. This classic series stalwart is back, but bigger and better than ever, supporting 24 players on large vehicle-friendly maps tapping into the full extent of the sandbox. BTB is the epitome of the Halo experience and the ultimate Spartan battle fantasy with Pelicans swooping in to deploy fresh vehicles, weapon ordnance dropping from the sky, and tactical updates from Commander Laurette. Big Team Battle is the wild, raucous, fun social experience that cranks everything up to 11 and we'll be sharing more details later this summer.

In addition to Ranked and Social matchmaking playlists, players will also experience limited-time seasonal events with special rewards on the line. Console and PC players will play together via crossplay while support for cross-progression means you can move freely from one platform to the other and keep working on your Spartan's journey. Xbox Series X owners will also enjoy up to 120FPS on supported hardware and PC players will have a wide variety of configurable settings spanning framerate to graphics to key binds and more. Of course, online isn't the only way to enjoy multiplayer – Halo Infinite will also support splitscreen on Xbox and LAN play via a PC local server.

1920x1080_infinite_mp_spartanlineup_watermarked1120x630-a46566d66d344c9a96b7ea2c689c2d28.jpg

To fully support our goals for expanded player expression in Halo Infinite the team has designed a new "friend and foe" system for multiplayer games. At a high level, this functions as an "outline" system that uses different colors to denote friends and foes. These colors are configurable for accessibility purposes and whatever colors you assign will match your scoreboard, team bases, and team flags. This isn't depicted in the reveal trailer, due to its more cinematic nature, but we'll have more details to share down the road (and Halo Insiders will be able to check it out first-hand during technical previews later this summer).

haloinfinite_mp08_1120x630-e56b53bfb3fc42589421fb216b03bb4e.jpg

We know it's been a long time coming but we're excited to finally pull back the curtain and talk more about the multiplayer side of Halo Infinite. We also know there will be questions and a need for more info so don't worry – that's exactly what we're going to provide in the days, weeks, and months ahead. We've still got work to do to wrap up development but we're committed to continuing to bring the Halo community along on the road to launch.

Creating and shipping any game is a huge undertaking but to do so amidst a global pandemic when the team has been separated and working from home for over 15 months is challenging at an unprecedented scale. As we work towards release later this year, we're grateful for the continued support and understanding from the Halo community – thank you. We also want to extend a major shout out to the teams across 343 Industries, and our partners, who have continued to overcome adversity and give their all to make a special Halo game we hope you will enjoy for years to come.

Oct 25, 2017
Forced team colors are gone. Red/blue team/base/flag is still a thing, you're just not forced to wear it anymore it seems.
Red outlines are present during team games it looks like, though not in FFA.

YhF0jfv.png

higdM3b.png

I1gPvQD.jpg

I love the way Infinite is lighting the multiplayer armors. Gone is the bright washed out look of Halo 5. They look solid again, that's great.

MH0LSam.jpg

Oddball my love!

CQ2UCdi.jpg

The Banished aesthetic on the vehicles looks good.

8w8F3rQ.jpg

vyxlmBV.png

CQJqX71.jpg

BTB is 24 players now! BTB maps must be bigger than ever.

jKUHI3A.jpg

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the sounds of BTB... there's vehicle drops/ordnance drops.

Not sure how this is handled. When I think BTB I think just arena mode, but more players and vehicles.

They make it sound like a Warzone BTB hybrid

not necessarily a bad thing.

Oct 25, 2017
From the sounds of BTB... there's vehicle drops/ordnance drops.

Not sure how this is handled. When I think BTB I think just arena mode, but more players and vehicles.

They make it sound like a Warzone BTB hybrid

not necessarily a bad thing.
that was mentioned in a leak, wasn't it? pelican drops.
same one also mentioned squad spawning

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Do we not have high quality version of the Story Trailer yet? I loved how the ring looked at the start of the reveal with the Pelican fly by, it looked better than last years showing.

Multiplayer is looking great too, here's to hoping that theatre mode and weapon lowering is still in... I'm just always waiting for that second Machinima content boom with Halo again.

Oct 25, 2017
To fully support our goals for expanded player expression in Halo Infinite the team has designed a new "friend and foe" system for multiplayer games. At a high level, this functions as an "outline" system that uses different colors to denote friends and foes. These colors are configurable for accessibility purposes and whatever colors you assign will match your scoreboard, team bases, and team flags. This isn't depicted in the reveal trailer, due to its more cinematic nature, but we'll have more details to share down the road (and Halo Insiders will be able to check it out first-hand during technical previews later this summer). Later this summer, we still plan for limited pre-release technical previews with Halo Insiders to help us stress test and improve the game on the road to launch.

Insider multiplayer previews coming later this summer!

Accessibility settings! Hopefully the motion tracker will also be included for Nessii013

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
To fully support our goals for expanded player expression in Halo Infinite the team has designed a new "friend and foe" system for multiplayer games. At a high level, this functions as an "outline" system that uses different colors to denote friends and foes. These colors are configurable for accessibility purposes and whatever colors you assign will match your scoreboard, team bases, and team flags. This isn't depicted in the reveal trailer, due to its more cinematic nature, but we'll have more details to share down the road (and Halo Insiders will be able to check it out first-hand during technical previews later this summer). Later this summer, we still plan for limited pre-release technical previews with Halo Insiders to help us stress test and improve the game on the road to launch.

Insider multiplayer previews coming later this summer!

Accessibility settings! Hopefully the motion tracker will also be included for Nessii013
That's awesome!! :) Thanks for tagging me. If they don't I plan on adding that as feedback since I'm a Halo Insider and I've been in most flights so far.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The Halo MP footage is looking HOT, I love how detailed, realistic, and crisp everything is -- yet also feeling Halo

Is the SP trailer uploaded in proper HD anywhere?

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
So are we expecting anything big like Warzone to be in the game? Not gonna lie, if this new BTB is it for large scale stuff I'm a tad bit underwhelmed. That said, the rest of the multiplayer and campaign they showed off was ace.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Also there was no sidekick flag combo so that seems to be gone.

So are we expecting anything big like Warzone to be in the game? Not gonna lie, if this new BTB is it for large scale stuff I'm a tad bit underwhelmed. That said, the rest of the multiplayer and campaign they showed off was ace.
I'd much rather have core Halo there before some tertiary game type that cannibalizes other modes or is poorly supported but I would like to see Invasion 2.0 at some point.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Easily the best art style from 343, taking Halo 3 as a jump-off point is working wonders. As for gameplay, I do like the grappling hook but I'm really going to miss thrust as a base trait. Who knows, maybe the movement meta around the hook will evolve into something great like H5. On another note, that 5-shot near the end looked awfully fast, obviously can't tell what the TTK will be like until we play it but..

I've been on board for the campaign since the Craig reveal so the new campaign showing hasn't really moved the needle but I can see why some people were disappointed in what was shown. I'm liking what's hinted about the story so far though.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
I quite liked what we saw of multiplayer. The general visual aesthetics are a huge improvement over 5.

Campaign showing wasn't very in depth but I liked the tone they set in the cinematic between Chief and Fauxtana.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
The vibe and tone for the multiplayer was spot on, love how much the sandbox shone throughout .

jem

Oct 25, 2017
A gigantic red herring and everyone is falling for it.
I dunno.

I get the sense that they saw the negative reaction to 5's story and instead of trying to parse what the issues were they're just trying to throw it all away as quick as possible.

Maybe i'm wrong though.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno.

I get the sense that they saw the negative reaction to 5's story and instead of trying to parse what the issues were they're just trying to throw it all away as quick as possible.

Maybe i'm wrong though.
Either way I'm OK with it lol but I don't think they would have a plot point like that in the trailer if they were being completely straight.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
A fantastic Multiplayer reveal. The sandbox was on full display and I really liked how it seems to only be so big, means that a lot of redundancy that had been building up over the last 2 or 3 games is likely gone (which they've been saying). Only thing that would've made me happier would have been a full on match of Multiplayer, but I assume we'll get some straight gameplay pretty soon. Campaign section was more than I was expecting and very cool. Chief mourning the marines as he floats by is rad. the Weapon (new cortana's name, which is weird but okay) seems like she's going to be a neat companion!

Looking forward to seeing what the new video tomorrow is all about. SUPER disappointed that I'll be at work all damn day.

I'm extremely happy with the showing overall!

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017

I'm actually more interested in the single player this time around.

I'm confused, is fake-tana implying that Cortana wasn't deleted because she herself is still there and not deleted like she was supposed to be? And implying that someone else who looks like Chief took Cortana? - "If that wasn't you... ok then" ... What