• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised it hasn't leaked. I have a full version of it with complete CGI, music on my phone right now. I've shown some folks, and want to share but don't want to get my friend in trouble. If it's not shown by E3, I will likely just do a private youtube link, sans barn, and then delete after.

OiZ2bXB.jpg

Bruh, add me to the viewing list if it's not shown pls.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but I'm actually optimistic about the flights shadow dropping tomorrow.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
1 sleeps, fuck I'm excited.

Please no leaks!!!
I hate day of leaks, everyone do yourself a favor. Go into the Livestream pure!

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Mini Halo Infinite MP leak/rumour:

www.resetera.com

Xbox Game Studios & Bethesda |OTXIV| Sarah Bond, From Game Pass With Love OT

Halo Infinite MP showing should be interesting imo. There's been many rumors around it, and we've been able to gets some hints about what to expect in regards of game modes or customisation for exemple. If you can handle French here is our full piece.

Most of it either lines up with stuff we've heard previously or is guessable based on stuff we've seen - however, they're saying that the game will include bots which is interesting.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

Halo Infinite MP showing should be interesting imo. There's been many rumors around it, and we've been able to gets some hints about what to expect in regards of game modes or customisation for exemple. If you can handle French here is our full piece.

Most of it either lines up with stuff we've heard previously or is guessable based on stuff we've seen - however, they're saying that the game will include bots which is interesting.
Would make sense to have bots in the large scale mode in addition to players. Would love Banished versus UNSC with grunts, jackals, ODST, etc filling out the factions with Spartan/Elite players.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Would make sense to have bots in the large scale mode in addition to players. Would love Banished versus UNSC with grunts, jackals, ODST, etc filling out the factions with Spartan/Elite players.
I'd love to see a better take on Invasion.

I think spartan vs covenant/banished/whatever is something which could really set Halo apart from other FPS titles.

On the topic of bots though - If they are real I wonder if they'd be able to handle forge maps or if they'll be relegated to the BTB mode.

Actually - how cool would it be if we could make PVE style maps in forge like Far cry.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW - and this is entirely second-hand knowledge, I don't know shit - I've heard that the large-scale mode is bunk. So any rumor that has that should probably be taken with a grain of salt. Parts of it could be true, though.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW - and this is entirely second-hand knowledge, I don't know shit - I've heard that the large-scale mode is bunk. So any rumor that has that should probably be taken with a grain of salt. Parts of it could be true, though.
I've heard from a very reliable source (also second hand knowledge) about the large scale mode. Admittedly this was about a year ago though.

Edit: actually what i heard about was an evolution of BTB so maybe the article is referring to something else.

Last edited:

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Klobrille was the first to mention a large-scale mode like a year or two ago and he is pretty reliable.

Anyway, please show me 4v4 tomorrow. Or at least let us play the beta/flight soooooon

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Grubb said the reveal would be catering to Halo vets and wouldn't offer much "new" that would excite non-Halo fans so I was expecting core multiplayer that we know and love. But we have the pelicans on the key art which hints at larger scale stuff.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Weird if Klobrille got that one wrong.
I've heard from a very reliable source (also second hand knowledge) about the large scale mode. Admittedly this was about a year ago though.

Edit: actually what i heard about was an evolution of BTB so maybe the article is referring to something else.
Klobrille was the first to mention a large-scale mode like a year or two ago and he is pretty reliable.

Anyway, please show me 4v4 tomorrow. Or at least let us play the beta/flight soooooon
Like Baja is saying, a lot can change in that kind of timeframe. If they fully buckled down to do polish stuff after last June, it's very possible that the bigger mode did exist but got shelved or at least delayed for post-launch.

Suppose we'll find out tomorrow.

Tactical Tumbler

Sr QA Analyst
Verified
May 26, 2021
I don't doubt there will be something going on with BTB, but I have my doubts about it being as large as folks think it will be.

Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

Went through the french article picking out the most interesting bits for us english speakers, in slightly more detail than that post:
  • Multiplayer is claimed to be a very ambitious free-to-play release, almost like a whole game just in itself, which could become one of the most successful F2P games on the market
  • It will have a system like a battle pass, with 100 progressions levels and multiple seasons to unlock player customization
  • The level of player customization/unlocks is significantly greater than any prior game in the series
  • That promo image for Sunday's event depicts some season 1 content, which focusses on Reach/Noble
  • They will debut a new game mode that will become the flagship mode of halo mutiplayer, it is an evolution of BTB and it is massive
  • No Battle Royale mode planned at this time
  • Bots will be introduced into multiplayer to keep games balanced when players quit, can be utilized in custom/private matches

Last edited:
OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Listen, I'll take some Gears-level aimbots over -20+ bombs or uneven games any day.

And over toggle crouchers.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Reach/Noble team being the focus of season 1 would be disappointing.

They're a bit overplayed

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I would prefer CE themed with 500 different Mk. V helmets

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
I feel like they would be missing the mark a little bit starting the 20th anniversary with stuff from not the first game, if we are going with themed passes like that. I'll hold out judgements till we know more

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Assuming there is indeed a battle pass (which there probably is, it's free to play MP, let's be honest), will it be like MCC where you can unlock at your own pace, even after the season is over? Hope so!