• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm back lol.

Rip funky funkerton, still doing hard time.

The figure underneath the Chief's AR looks like a promethean

Yeah and there's a crawler on the left so I guess I'm hoping it's more of just an 'acknowledgment'

I love love that art though, it's a fantastic depection of classic chief.
#MKVGANG

Also a YouTuber I watched before played Halo CE for the first time ever, I found it enjoyable and interesting to see a brand new perspective on a game we ofcourse are all hyper familiar with
(It's a full playthrough edited compilation, 45~ minutes)

Halo is special yall Infinite is gunna be really good

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm back lol.

Rip funky funkerton, still doing hard time.

Yeah and there's a crawler on the left so I guess I'm hoping it's more of just an 'acknowledgment'

I love love that art though, it's a fantastic depection of classic chief.
#MKVGANG

Also a YouTuber I watched before played Halo CE for the first time ever, I found it enjoyable and interesting to see a brand new perspective on a game we ofcourse are all hyper familiar with
(It's a full playthrough edited compilation, 45~ minutes)

Halo is special yall Infinite is gunna be really good

It looks like everything on the left is old stuff and the stuff on the right is new so I suspect it's teasing prometheans in Infinite.

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like everything on the left is old stuff and the stuff on the right is new so I suspect it's teasing prometheans in Infinite.
The grunts on the left are Infinite grunts and the promethean on the right is the Halo 5 soldier design, so I wouldn't look too deeply into the art other than 343i wanting to acknowledge their contribution to Halo's enemy variety.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Why is Halo 2A MP so fucking dark? Like, look at this shit:
NXjHFAw.jpeg

Is my game bugged or something? This looks so damn bad.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The grunts on the left are Infinite grunts and the promethean on the right is the Halo 5 soldier design, so I wouldn't look too deeply into the art other than 343i wanting to acknowledge their contribution to Halo's enemy variety.
I dunno.

It's missing the floating sections those soldiers usually have.

Anyways, I fully expect Infinite to have prometheans so I don't think it'd be much of a tease.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
If Infinite has Prometheans and Guardians hopefully they heavily re-designed both because they stick out like a sore thumb artstyle wise.

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno.

It's missing the floating sections those soldiers usually have.

Anyways, I fully expect Infinite to have prometheans so I don't think it'd be much of a tease.
The silhouette matches the toy pretty perfectly, but yes it doesn't show the floaty bits.

91PT3IBA7wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And I'm a bit more inclined to think they won't be in Infinite for launch. The Banished are getting a pretty fleshed out sandbox which seems to be inheriting ideas from Promethean weapons (Boltshot -> Mangler, H5 Incineration Cannon -> Ravager, Splinter Turret -> Scrap Cannon) and there has been zero marketing as of yet for anything Promethean, which is odd for a fanction that would not be saved as a plot twist/surprise.

So much of 343i's work on Infinite seems to be laser-focused on getting the basics right and fleshing them out well that I'd believe it if they wanted to save a whole faction with their own sandbox that have received a very mixed reception for later. Plus, it's a 10 year project, so I don't think they're in a hurry for launch to get as much as they can in the game as possible.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Funnily enough, and I never thought about this before, but I would probably love such a caricatural twist haha, similar to what was done in Star Trek or even more recently Final Fantasy 7 Remake (not spoiling it, but let's just say the end of the game show you it's not totally a "Remake"), or maybe more popular, what was done with Joe Joe's Bizarre Adventures.

That would be a cool way to reboot the entire universe and see the same story happening with some twist and seeing how this affect the entire universe.

Sure, it would be pretty cheap and out of Halo, but in a possible "What If" like Marvel is doing, that could be fun!
Juan, don't give 343 any wrong ideas, or I'll come find you in Paris asking for my Game Pass money back. 👀

It has been done way too much in science fiction, they must keep going forward and not look back, at least not like this. I'd be all in for going back to the original games through another characters point of view, but not Time travel.

200.gif

Unleash the Time Crystals.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a general consensus that the Halo 2 single-player campaign is significantly better than Halo 3? I just finished Halo 3 and I was not satisfied with it in terms of structure, gameplay, or story. I feel like Halo 2 had a better design and a more interesting story angle. Halo 3's story was very straightforward and didn't have the political intrigue that was prevalent in Halo 2. There really wasn't much that elevated Halo 3, I could barely tell that it was originally made on better hardware in the Master Chief Collection.

The only thing Halo 3 has Halo 2 beat are some level design decisions and the scarab fights. Otherwise I agree that Halo 2 is overall better especially in regards to story. Halo 3 has the worst level in the trilogy (Cortana), bad writing and a terrible voice recast with Truth.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
H2A is so fucking dark lol. I turn up the gamma all the way and it still doesn't help that much. I don't understand why H2A got fucked so bad. It was the game with the most potential. A nice face lift with some slight changes, but plays much like the original and yet it got the least amount of content.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
H2A DLC would be nice, but that ship sailed about 7 years ago. No way were they going to put resources into DLC when the game was straight broken, and the console itself was still half-baked.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Random unrelated topic:

If Halo Infinite doesn't have Strongholds then 343 are failures.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
A little less than 3 weeks now until Summer Game Fest and E3. Hope Xbox announces their briefing details next week.

The next Inside Infinite (Thursday) will also be about the Halo Waypoint team and the app development, so don't expect too much. Might get a look at customization, if we are lucky.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
343 need to update the website and add stuff like the heat maps and other stats Bungie.net had.

Oh, and make them available in game.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
No Midship was probably due to H5's truth.
Probably. They also didn't include any of the maps that got proper remakes in Reach: Beaver Creek, Tombstone, Headlong, and Ivory Tower. IIRC they actually publicly commented on that being the reason for those ones.

(Interestingly, I just noticed for the first time that every map that got some form of on-disc Forge World remake/reimagining in Reach WAS included: Coagulation, Ascension, and Lockout)

Oct 25, 2017
Admiring the flight updates to Halo 1 this morning 😍

Captain Keyes is looking good, now with his proper Xbox texture and not the WIP texture the gearbox port had:
uOeJEvL.png

The detail on Chief's armor has returned prominently:

XLWFeY3.png

Transparency effects have been improved and restored. Cortana is looking better and you can actually see the halo out the window.

cAJTApW.png

The water regained its ripples:

IKIfXRM.png

eDBvA92.png

And shields have their prop effects restored!

9Shs42e.png

It's back!

TAmpCxQ.gif

And that's just some obvious early campaign stuff, there's more further in and in multiplayer.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

Captain Keyes is looking good, now with his proper Xbox texture and not the WIP texture the gearbox port had:
uOeJEvL.png

XLWFeY3.png

Transparency effects have been improved and restored. Cortana is looking better and you can actually see the halo out the window.

cAJTApW.png

IKIfXRM.png

eDBvA92.png

9Shs42e.png

It's back!

TAmpCxQ.gif

And that's just some obvious early campaign stuff, there's more further in and in multiplayer.
Awesome! Never thought this would happen

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
It's really going to become the ultimate halo collection.

Now if they could give us the option to hide the overview of a level before playing it. It's very spoilery for new players. :/

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

uOeJEvL.png

XLWFeY3.png

cAJTApW.png

IKIfXRM.png

eDBvA92.png

9Shs42e.png

It's back!

TAmpCxQ.gif

I love that they're committed to this stuff, even though it's been SO LONG

makes me wonder what surprises may land down the line

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
I wonder if they are recreating the shaders or they somehow managed to convert them from the Xbox's NV2A format.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017

uOeJEvL.png

XLWFeY3.png

cAJTApW.png

IKIfXRM.png

eDBvA92.png

9Shs42e.png

It's back!

TAmpCxQ.gif

The Gearbox port was my formative Halo CE experience, so it's wild to see the effects as they were intended to be! Perhaps even slightly jarring, lol.

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
I never had an Xbox so I never got to see it in its original glory. It's an extremely pretty game and I'd say aged very well. Can't wait to see it in motion.