• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
There is a trick for it. You have to stop sprinting before you start falling. For whatever reason the game registers falling height deaths differently when you sprint and it won't count if you are sprinting.
Just tried that about 100 times since you said this and it still wont pop for me... idk wtf im doing wrong if its not bugged

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
This might be my best play ever (we still lost a nail bitter 2-3)

137593505136.jpg

Last edited:

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
that is super cool
from what has been seen so far im not convinced the infinite grapple will function with as much physics fun as this, it seemed pretty mechanical and straightfoward in the demo
but by the time of release that preview will be very old, and i hope to a degree some similar stuff will be possible in the final game

My hope was that the upgrade system in the campaign would make it a lot more dynamic, but that seems unlikely after what Jerry Hook told Gamespot:

"343 Industries head of design, Jerry Hook, recently expanded on the grappling hook in an interview, saying you shouldn't expect to use it to swing like Spider-Man wherever you want."

However, this is something that was said prior to the delay, so who knows what kind of changes they have in store for us (if any).

This might be my best play ever (we still lost a nail bitter 2-3)

Nice one.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017

This is so cool to see a mod like this working so well and being so fun in a game which was never designed with it in mind. I guess it can break the game at some places, especially in AotC, but I really want to try it myself!

that is super cool
from what has been seen so far im not convinced the infinite grapple will function with as much physics fun as this, it seemed pretty mechanical and straightfoward in the demo.

Yeah that's my worry too, I would be a little bit disappointed if the grapple in Apex Legends ends up being more fun and usable than the one in Infinite. But who knows, maybe it will end up very well with Infinite's level design.

Only thing is this grapple will be "balanced" for the game, regarding the distance you can grapple, the time to recharge it, etc... to no break the single player and also not be OP in the multiplayer, it probably might never be as fun and freely usable as this one.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah that's my worry too, I would be a little bit disappointed if the grapple in Apex Legends ends up being more fun and usable than the one in Infinite. But who knows, maybe it will end up very well with Infinite's level design.

Only thing is this grapple will be "balanced" for the game, regarding the distance you can grapple, the time to recharge it, etc... to no break the single player and also not be OP in the multiplayer, it probably might never be as fun and freely usable as this one.
Infinite's single player is an open world game with no damage numbers or health bars on enemies, so making the grapple hook as absurd as possible seems like how it'll end up. When starting, it'll probably be similarly balanced to multiplayer, but only go up from there. Not much room for upgrades otherwise.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still not a fan of the bulky shoulders and the big 117 on his chest, but it's still way better than anything 343 did previously for my own taste.

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
Josh Menke on Twitter: "Luckily we have Infinite's launch coming around the corner and it's totally F2P for multiplayer, and its new matchmaker will wait for all AU matches if it knows AU players are coming." / Twitter

Josh Menke on Twitter: "There are already tech improvements built for other reasons that will resolve this down the road. It will basically result in players not willing to expand out waiting a very long time to match, if at all." / Twitter

Halo Infinite will not offer server selection. Instead, it will offer players an option to lock themselves to their region. Gears 5 uses TrueMatch, same as Halo 5 / Halo Infinite, and that game got the option to choose between Lower Ping and Faster Matchmaking patched in, and I guess that Halo Infinite will offer the same.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
My school is really pushing for staff to run after school clubs to involve and reconnect with kids. I won't be returning to in person and thought a MCC club might work. We have gaming PCs on site (that would also be used for a esports club) but I'm not familiar with the game on PC or gamepass.

1. Does PC offer split screen support with multiple controllers?
  2. Does PC offer support for any gamepads or are the x1 pads only?
  3. Does PC gamepass allow you to create multiple accounts ala on xbox so each student could have their own off of one subscription?

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Yep this doesn't work for me

also tried the deleting your save from steam trick

after 50 tries still no trigger
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong at this point
I remember doing this like 10 years ago lol. If you still have trouble, I think it didn't work for me until I explicitly stopped sprinting. If you just jump done normally and assassinate him, it should work.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping Infinite offers a great UI, especially in regards to the main menu, customization, battle pass, and various challenges.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Josh Menke on Twitter: "Luckily we have Infinite's launch coming around the corner and it's totally F2P for multiplayer, and its new matchmaker will wait for all AU matches if it knows AU players are coming." / Twitter

Josh Menke on Twitter: "There are already tech improvements built for other reasons that will resolve this down the road. It will basically result in players not willing to expand out waiting a very long time to match, if at all." / Twitter

Halo Infinite will not offer server selection. Instead, it will offer players an option to lock themselves to their region. Gears 5 uses TrueMatch, same as Halo 5 / Halo Infinite, and that game got the option to choose between Lower Ping and Faster Matchmaking patched in, and I guess that Halo Infinite will offer the same.
I used to think playing from Ireland was bad, until I moved here (New Zealand).
Halo MP is basically unplayable for me now, I'd say I've lost 90% of the matches I've played.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

At first I thought that was a bad sign, but reading the article has me... hopeful?

Late last fall, the top executives got to see first finished footage from Halo, which put the idea of a move to Paramount+ on an accelerated path. "Halo always fit the bill but seeing it, we felt it would work," ... "It could be a defining show for a newish service that's got all firepower of an entertainment corporation behind it," Nevins said

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Community Update, Inside Infinite, Designing the Halo Esports Ecosystem and Community Spotlight are all monthly updates now. Cannon Fodder probably too, but I'm not entirely sure.
I meant Infinite but the last blog was January 28th! This past month has gone by fast.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of a weird gig honestly - as little information there is to gleam from the infinite updates, theres even less in these esports ones. . Poor Tashi, I have no idea what he'll be able to talk about
One of the main reasons I want Infinite MP details to come out is so that we can get some more esports details.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of a weird gig honestly - as little information there is to gleam from the infinite updates, theres even less in these esports ones. . Poor Tashi, I have no idea what he'll be able to talk about

Agree with you. Definitely felt like the Esports blog post was announced too early, as even the last one was lacking substance.

I think one of the most requested topics for now is what platform competitive Infinite will be played on, at least from what I saw on Twitter. A couple pros where questioning wether they'd need to invest in a PC or console.

Curious how they will handle this, especially the M+K vs. controller players.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone know when the blog post goes live? I may have to read it tomorrow morning. :(

That said, it's dope that there's stuff to look forward to every two weeks now. Loved the video they did with the Q&A, that was much more than I expected.

Dec 21, 2017
I thought the flight was out this week? I wanna play that new map (Waterfall) and see how they balanced Edge.

Last edited:

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
the hot takes on the screenshots are so dull

I actually read the whole thing line by line, and god damn, its everything I wanted to hear.

I was never a downer, but Im so team slrp on this, Joe, take me home.