• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The button combos still work on PC at 1000s of frames per second, it's the pistol spread and rate of fire on some of the weapons they fucked up and still have not fixed

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait to play the best Halo!

15GB...

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I feel like input-based MM is not ideal for MCC just cause of the lower population. mkb users will have way longer queue times.

Last edited:

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Is the Reclaimer custscene where Chief and co are in the Infinity fixed? The lighting has been messed up since like 2015.

Edit: Still busted, but submitted a ticket. This has been bothering me since 2015 and I don't even really like Halo 4 lmfao

ocehfmo.png

I0VDybC.png

Last edited:

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
"You have been selected to participate in the latest Halo Insider flight for Halo 4 on Xbox One through the Xbox Insider Hub app!"

I'm confused...

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
"You have been selected to participate in the latest Halo Insider flight for Halo 4 on Xbox One through the Xbox Insider Hub app!"

I'm confused...
Halo 4 is supposed to be paired with cross-play/input-based MM, and imagine H4 is getting a lot of tweaks in general (particularly around customization), so an Xbox flight is to be expected.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Game runs really well, but I'm noticing a lot of audio glitches. A Grunt started charging a plasma pistol a good 50 meters away from me, but I heard it loud and clear. Little shit held that charge for over half a minute, too, since I heard the low hum of the shot while fighting some other enemies. When I entered its line of sight, he fired the shot and the hum disappeared.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
You can't trade your flight code can you? I got a steam one but I play MCC via game pass on windows store so I can't use it.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Playing Halo 4 for the first time in 7 years. A lot of the weapons sounds are really bad. The plasma grenades aren't visible enough either.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Wow after playing Halo 4 on PC I realise I'm terrible with kB/M. Runs fantastic thought and god I can't go back to original Halo FOV. 90 all the way baybeee

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Do Knights have both shields and helmets? God, no wonder I had trouble reading them. Along with their shields being worse than like, the CEA Elite shields. Just this barely noticeable blue tint on them.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Reclaimer custscene where Chief and co are in the Infinity fixed? The lighting has been messed up since like 2015.

Edit: Still busted, but submitted a ticket. This has been bothering me since 2015 and I don't even really like Halo 4 lmfao

ocehfmo.png

I0VDybC.png
2nd image looks like Halo Infinite lmao. Lighting off, no shadows.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is the fastest I ever got comp games before, it's nice. Most of the games have been pretty decent so far, only lost one and it was 47-50.

Last edited:

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.halowaypoint.com

Halo Community Update - Colorful Column

The highly-anticipated Halo 4 flight – with crossplay – has made its way to Halo Insiders, our online esports events remain a staple of Halo entertainment in multiple regions, Halo 5's birthday celebrations continue, and we get a closer look at the coating system in Halo Infinite. Now that you...

Of course there are coatings that are stressed

Also why the gun in the demo looked like crap...it was the base model with no coating

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
yiGsitt.png

my boy, they did you so dirty....hope there is some path to redeem the arc around the Didact and the other Forerunners. The Greg Bear books were really nice.

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
www.halowaypoint.com

Halo Community Update - Colorful Column

The highly-anticipated Halo 4 flight – with crossplay – has made its way to Halo Insiders, our online esports events remain a staple of Halo entertainment in multiple regions, Halo 5's birthday celebrations continue, and we get a closer look at the coating system in Halo Infinite. Now that you...

Of course there are coatings that are stressed

Also why the gun in the demo looked like crap...it was the base model with no coating
Yikes at no classic armor colorings. At least the coatings look good.

Also I'm sad about Halo 5 and no series x enhancements, I guess Auto HDR is a thing tho

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
r/halo seems to be imploding over Infinite's coating system. I don't really understand why it's such a big deal but then again I also don't care much about cosmetic customisation in games.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
r/halo seems to be imploding over Infinite's coating system. I don't really understand why it's such a big deal but then again I also don't care much about cosmetic customisation in games.
It seems that armour colours are going to be completely locked behind coatings.

I think the main issue is that they're taking away customisation options to provide more MTX opportunities.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't multiplayer free to play?
I mean...
I don't care all that much about customisation options so it doesn't really bother me personally but I can fully understand the frustrations of others.

There are 101 different ways in which MTX could be implemented with Halo's customisation options - they didn't need to remove a system as simple and continuously present as choosing your armour colour.

What's especially annoying is that they could absolutely combine custom colours with the coating system. Coatings could apply different materials, detailing and patterns then the player could choose the various colours which are applied to those patterns. That would mean that instead of taking away options from the player they are actually enriching the system and allowing for more customisation.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems that armour colours are going to be completely locked behind coatings.

I think the main issue is that they're taking away customisation options to provide more MTX opportunities.
Its the one thing they can do to make money without doing blind boxes again or anything game changing

I think basic versions of the colors will be easy to get while the crazier ones will be mtx and modern warfare style bundles

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about the coating thing, the worse it sounds. I know free-to-play is too lucrative to pass up and we're not "owed" anything as fans, but jeebus, this does not sound good.

Unlocking base colors alone seems farther than they needed to go to get unlocks to sell. The bundling of armor materials, patterns and colors as coatings then strikes me as way, way gross. So for example you can't just try different patterns with your colors (or vice versa), you have to literally get at least two separate "coatings."

It's not only shitty to force you to do that if you want to make the most basic of aesthetic changes, but also means we're stuck with whatever combinations 343i deigns to provide.

So, you might not even be allowed the privilege to pay 343i money to make your Spartan look like it has for the past 20 years.