• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
MCC summed up in one picture.

AA01B78C9A72BF1FBDC2874AF43C2F6646DC47B2

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I'm very LTTP on Halo, playing the first one right now on game pass and I'm liking it so much, mainly for the gunplay. It's crazy how this game feels so good to play today even for somebody who never touched it before. Also, I love the grenade tossing in this game, they have made for some really cool and funny moments. But what impresses me the most it's the AI, I feel like it's much better than even a lot of modern shooting games. Enemies take cover, move positions, run away, hide, ambush... it's all very dynamic.

Also getting the hang of the warthog. I still feel like it would be nice to have different control options for it but it's ok.

Also, I really prefer to play with the original graphics, it's a much more readable game. With the updated graphics I was also missing on a lot of pick ups and stuff in the beginning.

Music is awesome too, so far, and voice acting is quite good. I'm not somebody that cares too much about story in games but I'm certainly curious to see where the whole thing goes to explain the Halo etc.

In short, I can imagine why people think so fondly of this game when playing it for the first time on the original Xbox, it's really good.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very LTTP on Halo, playing the first one right now on game pass and I'm liking it so much, mainly for the gunplay. It's crazy how this game feels so good to play today even for somebody who never touched it before. Also, I love the grenade tossing in this game, they have made for some really cool and funny moments. But what impresses me the most it's the AI, I feel like it's much better than even a lot of modern shooting games. Enemies take cover, move positions, run away, hide, ambush... it's all very dynamic.

Also getting the hang of the warthog. I still feel like it would be nice to have different control options for it but it's ok.

Also, I really prefer to play with the original graphics, it's a much more readable game. With the updated graphics I was also missing on a lot of pick ups and stuff in the beginning.

Music is awesome too, so far, and voice acting is quite good. I'm not somebody that cares too much about story in games but I'm certainly curious to see where the whole thing goes to explain the Halo etc.

In short, I can imagine why people think so fondly of this game when playing it for the first time on the original Xbox, it's really good.

Yes I love how the first level on the ship reminds you of the old Bungie games or DOOM in that it's all closed corridors and maze like. But then the next level the whole thing opens up when you crash land and it's like "whoa". That was me the first time anyway. It's so great. Glad you're enjoying your first playthrough!

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Honestly I already switched over to the Rockstar/CP2077 promo. They are giving $1 Xbox credit per code up to $60. And Rockstar tends to be cheaper than Monster.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
picked up h5 for the first time in probably weeks. jumped into social arena for some warm ups and the first match i get is against semi-pro goldstarBR and his buds, whom i recognize from last weeknds h5 tournment. we lost 50-8. i had 1 kill. gg halo.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
picked up h5 for the first time in probably weeks. jumped into social arena for some warm ups and the first match i get is against semi-pro goldstarBR and his buds, whom i recognize from last weeknds h5 tournment. we lost 50-8. i had 1 kill. gg halo.
Halo 5's population has been a question mark for a while now. Personally I've been playing way more MCC lately. Kind of a shame, I like H5, but it's hard to argue with the variety in MCC nowadays.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Unsorted guy just invented BR game mode in Halo 5.

It sucks not to be popular sometimes

It looks identical if not more basic than what I had working 2 years ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Since getting back into Halo, I've only gotten on 5 a handful of times. It looking like someone smudged a picture of lego blocks while the aim feels like a slipping slide means that I honestly have more fun on MCC Halo 4 than I do 5.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if you can jump into reading Shadows of Reach without going through Oblivion/Silent Storm?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Ok, I'm done with this game until crossplay. I'm tired of just getting matched against teams that just play this game all day. It's ridiculous; it just throws randoms against teams all the time and the skill levels aren't even close. I don't have time to play Halo all day everyday anymore. I get a few hours a week now.

My last game was Oddball (150-1). All randoms that are lower levels against a four man. If you're going to match me against a full team at least give me a partial team around the same skill level.

I don't care that I lose, it happens all the time, but these games are complete blowouts where you can't even do anything. It's not even fun.

E3F66E1D4E8E6B1AF30994FC0CE11C70AAEBD2EE

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm done with this game until crossplay. I'm tired of just getting matched against teams that just play this game all day. It's ridiculous; it just throws randoms against teams all the time and the skill levels aren't even close. I don't have time to play Halo all day everyday anymore. I get a few hours a week now.

My last game was Oddball (150-1). All randoms that are lower levels against a four man. If you're going to match me against a full team at least give me a partial team around the same skill level.

I don't care that I lose, it happens all the time, but these games are complete blowouts where you can't even do anything. It's not even fun.

E3F66E1D4E8E6B1AF30994FC0CE11C70AAEBD2EE
Curious what the population counts are.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
I don't think the social playlist is SBMM, it's social after all so you'd just be matching categories. You might instead want to play in ranked.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Shadows of Reach hype check? How excited is everyone to get their hands and or ears on it tomorrow?
Came here to ask this lol. Haven't bought a Halo book in ages (I dropped off after the Forerunner Saga and the Kilo Five Trilogy, although I listened to a few scattered audiobooks after those), quite excited to jump back in and get some details on the state of the universe. I do hope they find a good balance of addressing Halo 5 in Infinite while soft-rebooting, though. Can't relegate everything to the books.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
So MCC is getting 120fps on the Xbox Series.

My question is where is our FoV slider?

Edit: yoooooo - apparently an FoV slider is confirmed!

Last edited: