• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing Halo for the first time with XCloud on my phone. Everything's great except for how the Warhog controls. It's there a trick to it I just don't get or dos it just stuck like this? The controls can't be changed in the settings, right? Is it necessary to control them very well in order to advance in the game? Also, do later games have the same controls for it?
You'll just have to get used to them, they do get a bit tighter in 2 and 3 though but the basic controls are the same in all titles

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
cloud 9 is back in halo?

frosty back with sentinels?

incoming infinite flighting news?

lol
I was pretty surprised about the Cloud 9 news, since orgs have basically been out of Halo the last two years. If they're going to stick with H5 til Infinite is out, I'm hoping they can increase the prize pools and get more orgs back in. The HCS has felt so small time since the H5 finals in 2018.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they chose to tie in a purple and gold shader to a promotion, Atleast it will never clog up my inventory now lol

I love Halo so much, but I am a bit demoralized rn tbh. Me and the gang still play MCC weekly, but we are now almost a few weeks from would be Infinite, and I was so looking forward to it.

I fully support them delaying the game, but man it's gunna be such a tough wait : (

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
BTW, some people in the Halo community got early access to Shadows of Reach.

Watch out for spoilers

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the armor coating is more of a texture, paint job thing over actual colors. Could explain why that armor looks so clean. This would also make sense because while its nice to customize your FFA spartan, most game types you will be red or blue. This way you have a more unique way to differentiate yourself in team game types.

But if this is truly a replacement for choosing colors.... I'd like to believe they aren't that stupid but this is the studio that gave us Halo 4

Green

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be consumable shaders that are RNG drops like Destiny 2 isn't it... sadface

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
What do you think guys? The big face ship is something Halo related stuff?

giphy.gif

Green

Oct 27, 2017
That's a weird ship. It's the unknown faction from the Halo CE Aninversary terminals isn't it. That one weird lookin Mass Effect-ey ship that crashed and was entombed by 343.

Yep. I'm going with that. Some new non-Covenant, non-Forerunner, non-Banished, non-Flood ship. Mhmm. Tasty.

Nov 14, 2017
I'm hoping the armor coating is more of a texture, paint job thing over actual colors. Could explain why that armor looks so clean. This would also make sense because while its nice to customize your FFA spartan, most game types you will be red or blue. This way you have a more unique way to differentiate yourself in team game types.

But if this is truly a replacement for choosing colors.... I'd like to believe they aren't that stupid but this is the studio that gave us Halo 4
The fact that we saw a coating called "Monarch" with purple and gold colours kind of suggests that it's a shader type system. Don't think that necessarily entails "consumable" though, could just be unlocks. The less people read into the "cleanliness" of the preview materials in a WIP render the better.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that we saw a coating called "Monarch" with purple and gold colours kind of suggests that it's a shader type system. Don't think that necessarily entails "consumable" though, could just be unlocks. The less people read into the "cleanliness" of the preview materials in a WIP render the better.
Really hope they'd clarify because shaders for colors are dumb.

Shaders for skins/textures? sign me up

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Named colorways makes me think custom colors are out, but I would rather not be reactionary.
I'm thinking we're getting a system like Destiny.

However, you'd really only see that for FFA. I wonder if there's a possibility that Red v Blue is done since the game will be free to play and they'll need any way to get more money from cosmetics.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I'm thinking we're getting a system like Destiny.

However, you'd really only see that for FFA. I wonder if there's a possibility that Red v Blue is done since the game will be free to play and they'll need any way to get more money from cosmetics.

You mean like a COD style highlight or enemy health bar? Eh. Were this not Halo I'd say it's possible but red vs blue IS Halo, not to mention it's removal would be counter to the whole returning to the classics vibe Infinite is going for.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Something's happening here. maybe just prep and securing teams for infinite, but without a (public) release date this seems odd.
I think it is just preparing for the Infinite HCS. I don't think they are getting teams together for these meager H5 pro series tournaments, when the open events are only $1k and the pro tournament today is only for $5k.

Frosty actually talked about on his stream that the security of the CoD League is much better than playing Halo. CoD has a decent monthly salary and the prize pools are bonuses, where Halo is mostly based on prize pools and those haven't been great for a while.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I think it is just preparing for the Infinite HCS. I don't think they are getting teams together for these meager H5 pro series tournaments, when the open events are only $1k and the pro tournament today is only for $5k.

Frosty actually talked about on his stream that the security of the CoD League is much better than playing Halo. CoD has a decent monthly salary and the prize pools are bonuses, where Halo is mostly based on prize pools and those haven't been great for a while.
Hopefully Infinite changes that.

Although, the attempt to do a pro-league with 5 didn't exactly go brilliantly.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Hopefully Infinite changes that.

Although, the attempt to do a pro-league with 5 didn't exactly go brilliantly.
I think it didn't work as well as they wanted because they took too long to listen to the players in terms of how H5 should've been played at that high level. Like, why did they spend two whole seasons with autos on all the maps when players didn't want that?

For viewers, I think their inability to develop new maps that worked on a competitive level did them in. There wasn't any variety to keep it interesting. For three whole seasons, it was the same handful of maps and the same three modes (until they added oddball for the 2018 season).

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I am coming back to Halo MCC after a while.

Getting ready for crossplay across my PC and my XBX for campaign coop.

I like that they seemed to have added some new volume options at some point, or maybe for PC. I can adjust "Effects Volume" and together with TV volume, I can make the music louder. It is weird that Halo 2 has a completely different audio/music volume balance compared to the other games, so I brought effects volume down quite a bit because I like Halo 2's soundtrack in general.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Any update on halo 4 flighting date?
I need to play the only one I've never touched
Nothing new.

www.halowaypoint.com

Halo Community Update - Sweet Stories

Wake up, John! Halo 4 is working its way to our Halo Insiders, esports competitions are going strong, Halo 5 is in the midst of a month of Global Double XP, and we get a closer look at an in-game item from Halo Infinite. There is a lot to cover, so let's dive straight into our latest Community...

"Calling all, and I mean all, Halo Insiders! We're rapidly approaching Halo 4 flighting and we plan on inviting every eligible, registered Halo Insider. Much like our other flights, on top of the obvious addition of an entirely new title, there should be plenty of new features and improvements – like the potential addition of crossplay – to get your hands on. This is the last Halo title we currently have planned for the collection (sorry to crush your Halo 5 in MCC dreams), so let's finish strong!"

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the way Halo 2 opened up covenant politics and was sad Halo 3 brushed that all aside.

The books portray the races with more nuance. Jackals working with humans during the war etc. In a post war universe, you could see more interactions between the species. The war is between FACTIONS. Not species.

I've always hoped they would be brave enough to go back to the insurrectionist angle. Because you could totally see alien races working WITH insurrectionists against the UNSC. They don't have a religious hatred of them.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Covenant literally did have a religious hate for humanity.

It was all propaganda from the ruling prophets though iirc.

Dec 11, 2017
Can anyone explain the Monster energy Halo promotion to me and if it's still possible to unlock all the game content? I tried to Google it and maybe stuff was exclusive to September?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Rodeo Clown did you watch the h5 tourney today? i'm catching up watching it on on my x show (twitch) and apparently during the fung 4 vs no ice match, oddball eden, the game ended because one (or both?) teams did a ball glitch? i'm noty familiar with this, what is it? any idea?

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Rodeo Clown did you watch the h5 tourney today? i'm catching up watching it on on my x show (twitch) and apparently during the fung 4 vs no ice match, oddball eden, the game ended because one (or both?) teams did a ball glitch? i'm noty familiar with this, what is it? any idea?
Shyway actually did a video about this recently! Basically, you melee with the ball and drop the ball right when the hit connects. It's a one hit kill.

On the subject of the actual tournament, I wonder if Cloud 9 is considering dropping Penguin for Neptune. Think they really should. I have enjoyed coming back to H5, though, since a lot of these pros are coming back and we're getting some pretty nice teams. Fun to see Spartan and Ryanoob teaming.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Shyway actually did a video about this recently! Basically, you melee with the ball and drop the ball right when the hit connects. It's a one hit kill.

On the subject of the actual tournament, I wonder if Cloud 9 is considering dropping Penguin for Neptune. Think they really should. I have enjoyed coming back to H5, though, since a lot of these pros are coming back and we're getting some pretty nice teams. Fun to see Spartan and Ryanoob teaming.

oh ok, i recall seeing what looked like a surprise ball kill in blue just before but didnt connect it.

yeah, cant see spartan and ryanoob sticking together!

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Can anyone explain the Monster energy Halo promotion to me and if it's still possible to unlock all the game content? I tried to Google it and maybe stuff was exclusive to September?

I mean, what do you need to know? Their website explains it well enough, it's just hard to see what's unlocked since the game isn't playable yet. I'm doing the promotion myself so I can try to answer questions.

Dec 11, 2017
I mean, what do you need to know? Their website explains it well enough, it's just hard to see what's unlocked since the game isn't playable yet. I'm doing the promotion myself so I can try to answer questions.
What would I need to do to unlock ALL the cosmetics? Buy 5 cans on 5 separate receipts? Or is there more to it? Am I too late to get it all? Is anything actually retailer exclusive?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
What would I need to do to unlock ALL the cosmetics? Buy 5 cans on 5 separate receipts? Or is there more to it? Am I too late to get it all?

Promo lasts till the end of the year. XP tokens are just from uploading receipts.

The weapon skins part confuses me cause it makes it sound like you have to use Snapchat?

4. Snapchat Program: Participants who participate in the Monster Energy® x Halo Infinite Snapchat Experience during the months of September, October, and November of the Promotional Period will receive from Snapchat one (1) static coupon code for each month they participate; each month is a different static coupon code. Participants who collect all three (3) static coupon codes from Snapchat can then visit the www.MonsterHaloExperience.com, and create an account or log on to your existing account, and then enter all three (3) static coupon codes to receive a code for a Halo Infinite in-game weapon coating (a "Snapchat Code"). The Snapchat Code will disappear once you close Snapchat so either save the Snapchat Code or redeem it in the Website immediately. Limit one (1) Snapchat Code per Participant. Each static coupon code must be redeemed on www.MonsterHaloExperience.com by December 31, 2020 to receive a Snapchat Code. Snapchat Codes must be redeemed as specified below in Section 7. Once you sign in with your Account and redeem a Snapchat Code on www.HaloWaypoint.com, the weapon coating will be added to your library and available in-game when Halo Infinite releases. While supplies last.

5. Grocery Program: Participants who buy any one (1) Qualifying Product within the Promotional Territory during the Promotional Period at one of the participating grocery locations listed on the attached Exhibit "B", (and such grocery retailers are hereinafter collectively referred to as "Participating Grocers") take a picture of their purchase receipt with the Qualifying Product starred, and text that image along with the keyword "Monster" to 47056, once validated, will receive a code for a Halo Infinite in-game weapon coating (a, "Grocery Code"). Standard text and data rates may apply. Participants will only receive one (1) Grocery Code regardless of the number of Qualifying Products purchased from the Participating Grocers during the Promotional Period. To receive a Grocery Code, Participants must text the image of their receipt prior to January 31, 2021. Grocery Codes must be redeemed as specified below in Section 7. Once you sign in with your Account and redeem a Grocery Code on www.HaloWaypoint.com, the weapon coating will be added to your library and available in-game when Halo Infinite releases. While supplies last.

6. Meijer Program: Participants who buy any one (1) Qualifying Product within the Promotional Territory during the period of October 18 through 31, 2020 at one of the participating Meijer's locations, take a picture of their purchase receipt with the Qualifying Product starred, and text that image along with the keyword "Unleash " to 47056, once validated, will receive a code for a Halo Infinite in-game weapon coating (a, "Meijer Code"). Standard text and data rates may apply. Participants will only receive one (1) Meijer Code regardless of the number of Qualifying Products purchased from participating Meijer's locations during the period of October 18 through 31, 2020. To receive a Meijer Code, Participants must submit the image of their receipt prior to November 30, 2020. While supplies last.

So honestly idk. I'm just going for the double xp and hoping the skins are included when I redeem them on Halo Waypoint.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I thought the Covenant literally did have a religious hate for humanity.

It was all propaganda from the ruling prophets though iirc.
Yeah, as of the point the games take place, they did. IIRC when humanity was first discovered the Elites thought they should be inducted in the Covenant, but the High Prophets realized what they represented and turned the religious zeal of the Covenant against them to bury the truth.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
On his stream today, Snakebite says that he's heard that the Infinite HCS is going to have a lot of money in it and that this was basically the pitch from the Sentinels org to Frosty to come back. Belief is that top teams in the HCS will be able to make more than players in the CDL.

He also says that he's heard of more big orgs announcing Halo rosters soon. There's a lot of good players still out there without teams right now, so I guess anything is possible.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Should I get the previous games to see what I'm missing? Also, isn't there a Master Chief Collection that remasters all the previous games... or am I thinking of something else entirely?

Master Chief seems boring, on another note, ngl, but I'm willing to give him a shot.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This might be a weird question - but I look for Halo 5 on gamepass on the PC and it's not showing up. It's not even showing up on the store. Am I missing something?