• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
My hope is that after Infinite is wrapped, they commission Certain Affinity to drop some more H2A maps. I really like H2A multiplayer and it's a shame the map pool is so small.

They should commission Saber Interactive with that and tell them to port over the Halo Online maps, as well, while they are at it.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
They should commission Saber Interactive with that and tell them to port over the Halo Online maps, as well, while they are at it.
That's actually one of my pipe dream additions, and I was just looking into those again last night.

I *think* since player characteristics are generally close enough to H3 and the engine isn't too far removed from the vanilla H3 engine it would be an easy port. The H3 maps in the game seem pretty much untouched as far as I can tell, so that says to me there shouldn't be any traversal quirks that would require modifications. And I recall modders porting in vanilla H3 content pretty cleanly.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Porting it over to Halo 3 proper should be no sweat for them, they have all the source code and source files available and the communities own hacked together tools for Online were still able to port stuff into it

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
New Halo 3 maps would be awesome. I keep thinking about maps that were remade in either reach or 4 (or just in 2). Like Halo 3 would be great for Sanctuary or Blood Gulch or Relic. Headlong!

Actually maybe I should try out Halo 2A multiplayer lol

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
The Midship omission is especially weird considering that they ran two season of the HCS on H2A and Midship has always been on the top competitive maps.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Midship definitely should have made it. Ivory Tower is ok at best, I just like how it looks in Reach.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Having Warlock in H2A is one of the most baffling, horrible decisions that has been made in the entire franchise.

Idk if that was 343 or CA call, but holy shit what a bad idea

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Beaver Creek would have been nice, but whatever, I doubt we'll see any non-forge maps added to H2A.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Warlord was in because Wizard and Warlock were comp favourites, but it def hasn't aged well, particularly in a gaming environment where Rust and Nuketown are considered tiny maps.
The Midship omission is especially weird considering that they ran two season of the HCS on H2A and Midship has always been on the top competitive maps.
Pretty sure they said the reason why was because it was already being remade as Truth in 5.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
New Halo 3 maps would be awesome. I keep thinking about maps that were remade in either reach or 4 (or just in 2). Like Halo 3 would be great for Sanctuary or Blood Gulch or Relic. Headlong!

Actually maybe I should try out Halo 2A multiplayer lol
That's similar to my *other* pipe dream wish, lol. I'd like to see a bunch of new remakes in general, but not just from older game to newer games, but the reverse too. So like, The Pit in CE or Valhalla on H2. Full-on mix-and-match update.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Tour five, I think I can hit eleven by the time Infinite comes out.

144403C638EC347BE591B7C0B83476C70CC7C9AF

Nov 7, 2019
Do you guys think it matters if Halo Infinite is rated teen?

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Yes it does matter because its roots are that of an early 2000s game where there was over the top gore. Granted Halo has never been that gorey but the loss of blood is well a loss. They need to bring back blood pools and if that brings a M rating that's fine.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

I would definitely like for the game to go back to having the same amount of blood it used to have. Be it T or M, I don't really care, I just wanna see some blue and purple blood all over the place.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone brought up the point there is no way to map push to talk on a controller when playing MCC PC.

its aggravating

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Depends on what for. If 343i are deliberately trying to get a T rating then that means they are avoiding blood splatter and will not be bringing back the Flood which is a negative.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Not sure why but mine fucks up. Everyone tells me to mute because of horrendous noise. Not an issue in discord or push to talk
While it doesn't address your initial issue, this itself has something come to mind; discord has noise suppression but MCC is unlikely to, also you are 100% guaranteed to be doing something in MCC that you aren't in discord.
Which brings me to one of two possibilities, this "horrendous noise" might either be an earth loop or coil whine. Noise suppression can sometimes help mask both and coil whine is typically caused with unshielded sound cards by GPUs running full tilt.

Are you running a USB sound DAC (a sound card or USB headset) or are you directly plugged into into the stereo jacks on your rear/front panel audio?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While it doesn't address your initial issue, this itself has something come to mind; discord has noise suppression but MCC is unlikely to, also you are 100% guaranteed to be doing something in MCC that you aren't in discord.
Which brings me to one of two possibilities, this "horrendous noise" might either be an earth loop or coil whine. Noise suppression can sometimes help mask both and coil whine is typically caused with unshielded sound cards by GPUs running full tilt.

Are you running a USB sound DAC (a sound card or USB headset) or are you directly plugged into into the stereo jacks on your rear/front panel audio?
It's my xbox headset plugged into an adapter for the PC. 3.5 in, the green/pink jack out into the PC

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This game really needs crossplay. I can get into social 4v4 just fine. 8v8 I generally can get into during primetime, but everyone just quits so the playlist is terrible. Other than those everything else is dead.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
It's my xbox headset plugged into an adapter for the PC. 3.5 in, the green/pink jack out into the PC
Sounds like it could well be coil whine then. If you have one spare, see if plugging your headset into a USB sound card or using a USB headset eliminates the issue. I've had this issue crop up myself a few years back where playing something as simple as Doom with the framerate uncapped produced an unbelievable amount of line noise on the microphone until I switched it to USB.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The Commando's replacing the DMR, isn't it... :(

I don't think they fill the same archetype. Commando appears to be an AR that does more damage, but has a lower RoF and smaller magazine. DMR is a semi auto for longer ranges.

It reminds me of the Flatline from Apex.

AR = R-301 Carbine
BR = Hemlock
DMR = G7 Scout
Commando = Flatline

Last edited:

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
It looks fine, doing its electric energy drink thing fine.

Pizza skins are terrible too but I don't have an issue with them offering them.
Not a fan of skins but when simple it's ok. It's when it gets corny and ugly like the pizza skin you mentioned I have an issue with. Sure I dont have to use it but I have to see others using it.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Not getting season points for leveling up sucks. It was the only reason why I was trying to level fast. lol