• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
While it's a bummer we won't get to play this year I'm happy with the news overall. Game obviously needed more time. I hope they can get as close to the 2018 engine demo as possible. Good luck 343! 🤞

Oct 25, 2017
I 100% respect this and frankly I'm relieved.
1Q3UStL.gif

but ouchie for XSX

Last edited:

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
While it's a bummer we won't get to play this year I'm happy with the news overall. Game obviously needed more time. I hope they can get as close to the 2018 engine demo as possible. Good luck 343! 🤞

Unless they cancel the Xbox One version and delay it a full year or more, I sincerely doubt it, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Just gimme a beta and I can deal

This would be nice.

I 100% respect this and frankly I'm relieved.
1Q3UStL.gif

but ouchie for XSX

I don't think it makes a huge difference for Series X. Microsoft is all in on the GaaS train at this point, and clearly Halo wasn't going to be considered a looker anyhow.

If this enables them to get the raytracing in the game on launch, though, that'll make a pretty big impression.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be able to handle another half baked Halo game at launch. This is unfortunate but good news overall.

Maybe multiplayer flighting is back on the table now.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
What's most crucial: Integrate blood pools into the game.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm annoyed.

On one hand, I'm glad Halo is delayed. If the game wasn't ready, it wasn't ready.

At the same time... why wasn't it ready? I get it, COVID-19, Pandemic, the last 6 months have been rough as fuck for video game development. At the same time, Halo probably has one of Microsofts biggest budgets, alot of manpower, and years in development. So... what went wrong and why?

*sigh*

edit: and the devs don't deserve more crunch.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Could see them running an Infinite beta/flight over the Xmas period when people are on holidays.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I know that it may lead to just a longer crunch That's an unfortunate fact of the industry, but genuinely I'm glad they made the decision. you know you see these other games that people want to compare Halo to, The GTA, last of us, cyberpunk, etc etc. These are all games that had five to seven year development times and even then face delays afterwards some of which really long delays like cyberpunk if you want something to reach that same level of quality I feel like they should be empowered to say it's okay to delay the game and work on it or until they get it where they want it to be.

I hope others can see it in that same way and not so many hot takes that it's because the game is bad or something

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
I am actually really pleased by the news! It's really brave of them to shift the release but it's going to make for a much better game on launch hopefully

Absolutely happy to wait and get a better experience than have it crash and burn when it's not ready.

I hope this doesn't lead to extended crunch for the devs as a few posts above speculate but at a managerial level I do think it's brave of 343 to take this decision and am kind of glad they have

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand, I'm glad they're giving it every chance to be the game they wanted to make.

On the other, I can't think of many games that have been through this kind of development rollercoaster and come out the other side well.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, I'm glad they're giving it every chance to be the game they wanted to make.

On the other, I can't think of many games that have been through this kind of development rollercoaster and come out the other side well.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. Crackdown 3 comes to mind.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
man, i'd really like to look at the bright side of this and remain optimistic but its getting harder and harder to keep my head in the sand about a troubled development. i just hope the game launches and is good. i'm just far less sure of that now.

FATstronaut

Jun 21, 2018
The delay hurts but now i finally have a chance to hit 152 in H5.

I have to do the last 2 levels through xcloud cuz my xbox died lol pray for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't cyberpunk and last of us both just delayed like 6-9 months?

I don't think we should immediately go to the worst.

Btw crackdown was fun
Crackdown is a franchise that only got its moment to shine because of the Halo 3 beta and never outgrew being a second-tier game series.
The delay hurts but now i finally have a chance to hit 152 in H5.

I have to do the last 2 levels through xcloud cuz my xbox died lol pray for me.
Lol they're supposed to give people who got it something special in Infinite right? Doubt it'll be worth it :P

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Three fucking matches in a row against the same 3 stack, then they get a Champion as their 4th. The MM in 5 is garbage.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown 3 is a genuinely fantastic game.

Hopping around the world grabbing orbs and blowing shit up is pure unadulterated fun.

Edit: FUNKNOWN iXi stole my line.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
man, i'd really like to look at the bright side of this and remain optimistic but its getting harder and harder to keep my head in the sand about a troubled development. i just hope the game launches and is good. i'm just far less sure of that now.
This is good news. Let the team do what needs to be done. If there were issues, this extra time will help resolve them.

#Believe

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Crackdown 3, get Joe Staten to swoop in and lend 343 a hand in the post-delay home stretch.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
So I just had a weird occurrence in halo 5. I was playing a social match of slayer, and both teams were full. Out of nowhere I killed some random 9th dude named ghost angel, but he was Grey and his tag ghst. After I killed him I didn't see the player again. I looked it up and have seen stuff saying there are ghost players that have been observed in previous halos, but I couldn't find anything about them in halo 5.

Has anyone else seen something like this?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
So I just had a weird occurrence in halo 5. I was playing a social match of slayer, and both teams were full. Out of nowhere I killed some random 9th dude named ghost angel, but he was Grey and his tag ghst. After I killed him I didn't see the player again. I looked it up and have seen stuff saying there are ghost players that have been observed in previous halos, but I couldn't find anything about them in halo 5.

Has anyone else seen something like this?

can you clip it from theater?

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if we will see Halo 5 rolled into MCC at some point during the Infinite delay?

Not that I'm looking for a deal sweetener - I'm ok with the delay and props to MS/343 for doing it - but just speculating. And I'd be down for 5 on PC!