• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I was a little letdown when they said no magnum. I really hope it isn't BR starts however I'll reserve full judgement until i see the BR in action. I would prefer to just keep with the H5 pistol which always felt great to shoot, imo

Yeah after many years of playing a ton of games, I can safely say the H5 pistol is my favorite pistol of all time.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah after many years of playing a ton of games, I can safely say the H5 pistol is my favorite pistol of all time.
Yeah me too. I mean the H1 pistol was my first love but it's obviously way too OP. They finally balanced it perfectly in H5 so that we could avoid going straight to BR starts and encouraging picking up other weapons on map, while still not feeling completely useless on spawn either. It was probably the best spawn-to-map weapon balance the series ever had to be honest. AR/Pistol starts finally felt good again in H5. 343 nailed that.

The fact that they've cut that beautiful H5 magnum in favor of something they compare to one of the most flaccid and disliked spawn weapons of all time....yeesh.

Making it look like a very run of the mill real life pistol was already tough to swallow but it would have been okay if it was still balanced similar to H5. But this...is like trying to stuff a basketball down my throat. I can't get it down.

The new shotgun? Yeah I'm interested. Lower damage but faster fire rate? I'm willing to try it out. I'm ready to accept a new shotgun into my heart, let's give it a shot.
But I will not support anything resembling that god damn halo 2 shit pistol.

(Obviously until I get to try it out myself, I'm talking about my ass to a degree. But until then, I can only comment on the information they've provided about it.)

BDet6w7.jpg

come back to me my love

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Yeah me too. I mean the H1 pistol was my first love but it's obviously way too OP. They finally balanced it perfectly in H5 so that we could avoid going straight to BR starts and encouraging picking up other weapons on map, while still not feeling completely useless on spawn either. It was probably the best spawn-to-map weapon balance the series ever had to be honest. AR/Pistol starts finally felt good again in H5. 343 nailed that.

The fact that they've cut that beautiful H5 magnum in favor of something they compare to one of the most flaccid and disliked spawn weapons of all time....yeesh.

Making it look like a very run of the mill real life pistol was already tough to swallow but it would have been okay if it was still balanced similar to H5. But this...is like trying to stuff a basketball down my throat. I can't get it down.

The new shotgun? Yeah I'm interested. Lower damage but faster fire rate? I'm willing to try it out. I'm ready to accept a new shotgun into my heart, let's give it a shot.

(Obviously until I get to try it out myself, I'm talking about my ass to a degree. But until then, I can only comment on the information they've provided about it.)

BDet6w7.jpg

come back to me my love

Hands down best pistol in any game. Nothing even comes close RIP :'(.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we got a toggle to enable precision starts I'll be fine

If I'm forced to spawn with an AR and shitty pistol ill be upset

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

BDet6w7.jpg

come back to me my love

Hol up. What did I miss? Are they not going with the same pistol in Infinite?

Oct 25, 2017

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5's AR/Pistol spawn balance was too good for this world, we didn't deserve it. Now we will be cast back into the mud like the animals we are. Cursed to spawn with either complete bullshit, or spawn with a BR meaning 95% of players won't even pick up weapons on map.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I will say this, I've been playing H5 (Arena)a lot lately, and there's basically no reason at all to pick up a BR/DMR/Carbine other than for a backup when your pistol is empty, lol.

I can maybe see why they want to rebalance the sandbox in that way, but man, it's a slippery slope and easy to fuck up.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
I will say this, I've been playing H5 (Arena)a lot lately, and there's basically no reason at all to pick up a BR/DMR/Carbine other than for a backup when your pistol is empty, lol.

I can maybe see why they want to rebalance the sandbox in that way, but man, it's a slippery slope and easy to fuck up.
Haven't played H5 in forever, but isn't the BR better than pistol in almost every way?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

In general, I'm better with the BR than the pistol but I can see what you mean.

Both are almost redundant and there's no reason to have both in your kit.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
After Googling the artist, I didn't realize how much of the classic Halo art was by him. He did the one of the Chief backing out of the Pelican above earth and the one of him in the lab with the scientists around him.
BAsi09t.jpg

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I found more use out of the Carbine, DMR, LR in Halo 5 than I found with other precision weapons in previous games outside of the BR. I think that's worth mentioning, and probably something most people can agree on. Plus, I'd use those weapons over the Pistol in H5 and find benefits they have that the Pistol doesn't, so my experience differs from yours there. H5 BR feels underpowered right now tho, I rarely ever feel the need to touch that.

Anyway, it's disappointing 343 might be going back to having an incapable Pistol rather than making the other precision weapons more unique and worth picking up. Hitscan BR starts are wack after 5 years of having a fun starting Pistol again.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
By going back to classic Halo I guess they meant trying to shove AR starts down our throats again

I tried Halo 5 the other day and how powerful the AR was really just took the enjoyment out of the game. Half of the matches were just a bit mindless as everyone sprayed AR's at eachother. Seemed really rare to get into a 1 on 1 BR or even Pistol battle.

Maybe I just got unlucky but the AR in Halo 5 is crazy powerful, crazy easy to use and kinda breaks the game.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.resetera.com

[Rumor] Halo Infinite Multiplayer "Free to play" and 120 fps Rumor

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/i0z2k0/halo_infinite_multiplayer_freetoplay/ Source is https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/xbox-series-x-register

Multiplayer free to play and 120 FPS

I don't mind this tbh. For a FPS to be competitive in this day and age, it has to be F2P or extremely well made to warrant the price. Every popular competitive FPS (CSGO, Siege, Valorant, Fortnite, and etc.) are either F2P or the base game is extremely cheap to get into.

Honestly, this is a good thing if they do it right. Enough people will buy Infinite for the single player alone, so you want to build back that nice and healthy H3 and Reach community. As long as it's well made and it won't be overrun by cheaters, it'll be interesting to see what happens if they go the F2P route.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest advantage the BR/DMR etc have is mag size. With the BR you were always able to kill 3 people assuming all perfect shots.

In Halo 4 and I believe Reach at launch/beta they scaled this back so you could kill 2 with some shots left over. The BR went to a 5 shot kill I thinK?

In Halo 5 the magnum kills in 5 shots but has 12 shots in it. So you can just barely kill 2 people. It's my only complaint about the H5 magnum as a starter. I miss not having to reload so often. Made it easier to string multi kills together.

EDIT: Now that they confirmed F2P 120FPS.... I don't think people are quite getting what this means. Halo's have had issues maintaining playlist populations so consolidation was needed.

This game is going to have the entire end of a generation console population + XSX adopters + PC users. On Game Pass. And Free to play. They can truly get wild with the playlists. Custom game browser PLEASE

Last edited:

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
I tried Halo 5 the other day and how powerful the AR was really just took the enjoyment out of the game. Half of the matches were just a bit mindless as everyone sprayed AR's at eachother. Seemed really rare to get into a 1 on 1 BR or even Pistol battle.

Maybe I just got unlucky but the AR in Halo 5 is crazy powerful, crazy easy to use and kinda breaks the game.
Try Solo Queue Team Arena or Team Arena. Magnum only as a loadout, Spartan Charge and Ground Pound disabled, walking doesn't appear on radar while sprinting, shooting and using abilities does(except Clamber).

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Roaming King is fun as hell, I cannot overstate how much fun of having in H5 lately after a few years of Crucible, lol.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
I find 343's weapon designs to be pretty hit or miss in general. Hopefully they fixed the sniper this time around.

Edit: f2p and 120fps confirmed, nice.

Last edited:

The Henery

Nov 3, 2017
Was just confirmed, 120 FPS on Xbox Series X.

Free to play! That's genuinely fantastic news, higher player base means more playlist options, more variety. Forge is potentially a straight up map maker. If the gameplay is actually good this could be the Halo to rule them all.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of scrubs online is going to be amazing. If this has a custom browser at launch...

Also, who is stoked about Forge undo/redo. Gamechanger.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
www.halowaypoint.com

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - MCC Development Update - July 2020

Let's get technical Marines! MCC's July Development Update is full of breakdowns, interviews, flighting news, and new features coming to MCC this year. Drop in now!

Cool so sounds like they are aiming for some of the Halo 3 hit registration fixes for launch alongside ODST.

Skins and new weapons for Halo 3! Awesome!

And dedicated servers and matchmaking for ODST firefight!

--

Fill in the blanks:

I'm a little hesitant to talk about <redacted> yet as I'm literally working on it today, but I think we're going to let you spawn with <redacted> in Firefight. Once it has had a little more time to bake and we have had test look at it we can go more in depth on it. It should be pretty cool, but I literally got that working like an hour ago, so we will see how it goes. If all is well, I'm pretty sure folks will be happy with being able to adjust their starting weapons and the starting <redacted> on the maps.

I'm a little hesitant to talk about MASTER CHIEF yet as I'm literally working on it today, but I think we're going to let you spawn with MASTER CHIEF in Firefight. Once it has had a little more time to bake and we have had test look at it we can go more in depth on it. It should be pretty cool, but I literally got that working like an hour ago, so we will see how it goes. If all is well, I'm pretty sure folks will be happy with being able to adjust their starting weapons and the starting CHARACTER on the maps.

I dunno.

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

Green

Oct 27, 2017
ACTIVELY IN DEVELOPMENT
  • UI/UX Improvements around navigation, roster, customization, and many more areas of the game
  • View Model Adjustment for all games
  • Steam Account Linking
  • In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments
  • PC File Share
  • Additional Video Settings/Options (Added)
  • Custom Game Browser (Added)
  • Input-based Matchmaking (Added)
  • Regional Server Selection (Added)
  • Cross-Play between Xbox & PC (Added)
  • Double Key Binds for all games (Added)
IN DESIGN ITERATION
  • Additional Mod Support
  • Text Chat Improvements
  • Better ways to Report Players
  • VFR Improvements to Reach & H2A
  • Per Game Audio Options (Added)
IN BACKLOG PENDING FURTHER DISCUSSIONS
  • Text chat on/off Option (Added)
  • Idle System Improvements
  • Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)
  • Additional Accessibility Support
  • Split Screen on PC
  • HDR Support on PC
--

FEATURES PLANNED FOR RELEASE IN 2020

• Crossplay
  • Input Based MM
  • Sever Region Selection
  • Custom Game Browser
  • Per Game Graphics Options
  • Per Game Audio Options
  • M&K Support for Xbox
  • PC Fileshare
  • Double Keybinds for all games
  • Viewmodel adjustments for all games
  • In game FPS Cap/Adjustments
  • Steam Account Linking
--

That's pretty crazy considering working from home. Excellent.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
ACTIVELY IN DEVELOPMENT
  • UI/UX Improvements around navigation, roster, customization, and many more areas of the game
  • View Model Adjustment for all games
  • Steam Account Linking
  • In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments
  • PC File Share
  • Additional Video Settings/Options (Added)
  • Custom Game Browser (Added)
  • Input-based Matchmaking (Added)
  • Regional Server Selection (Added)
  • Cross-Play between Xbox & PC (Added)
  • Double Key Binds for all games (Added)
IN DESIGN ITERATION
  • Additional Mod Support
  • Text Chat Improvements
  • Better ways to Report Players
  • VFR Improvements to Reach & H2A
  • Per Game Audio Options (Added)
IN BACKLOG PENDING FURTHER DISCUSSIONS
  • Text chat on/off Option (Added)
  • Idle System Improvements
  • Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)
  • Additional Accessibility Support
  • Split Screen on PC
  • HDR Support on PC
--

FEATURES PLANNED FOR RELEASE IN 2020

• Crossplay
  • Input Based MM
  • Sever Region Selection
  • Custom Game Browser
  • Per Game Graphics Options
  • Per Game Audio Options
  • M&K Support for Xbox
  • PC Fileshare
  • Double Keybinds for all games
  • Viewmodel adjustments for all games
  • In game FPS Cap/Adjustments
  • Steam Account Linking
--

That's pretty crazy considering working from home. Excellent.
Any word on if there are plans to allow people to install MCC games separately through the Microsoft store? I enjoyed going back to Halo 3 during the Steam flight but I just don't have a spare 90+ gigs on my SSD.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Never played a Halo game before. Just got me the 1 buck gamepass for PC and downloading the Master Chief collection right now :)

Mouse or gamepad?