• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Played a round of Reach Firefight last night, boy does it suck.

ODST Firefight is maybe peak gaming bliss of all time though.

Any chance of a shadow drop on Thursday? Probably too soon after last update.

Oh, and why the hell can't you play something while an update is downloading?
If ODST Firefight is given the bevy of customization that Reach's has, it will have some serious hooks in me. I can't wait to delve into it again.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
I might try the 360 version tonight. Noticed it on the shelf earlier , that still online?
All 360 games that use standard Xbox Live services are still online, even delisted games, as it's all the same service.

Seriously, you could play a round of Marble Blast Ultra still if you can find anyone to play it with.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
All 360 games that use standard Xbox Live services are still online, even delisted games, as it's all the same service.

Seriously, you could play a round of Marble Blast Ultra still if you can find anyone to play it with.

Woah, cool. Jesus, I might play Marble Blast Ultra. Ha. Well as long as it's on the b\c list.

If I get some games of ODST Firefight in I'll report back on if my memories are coloured by rose tinted glasses.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. It's terrible. You spend most of the time just waiting for Phantoms to fly in and then getting shot by their concussion guns. Most of the maps suck. The loadout options suck. And bloom sucks.

ODST firefight was way more fun.
I thought I was the only one who through this

played dozens of hours of ODST firefight...when teach came out I dropped firefight so fast

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only issue I had with ODST firefight was the same issue I have with most Halo games.

Co-op matchmaking, or lackthereof.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully that's new key art? Because I find the current one pretty blah.
It is the new box art:
halo_infinite_keyart_primary_vertical-748a0db8be6c497d86f83ad76265060f.png

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
So a bit of metroid exploration in there? I've been avoiding the speculation thread as I haven't played 5 yet.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Man, I made a video about Leaks in Halo, and commented on how the only Infinite leak I thought was legit was the grapple hook because of the internal 343 build footage that was in that "We Are 343" video. Soooooo many people called it fake, disliked the video, and fucked off. it has over 37,000 views though, so I'll take what I can get I suppose.

But I was fucking right.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Halo Infinite has a grapple hook because it's a good game.

SlightlyLive

QA
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
Man, I made a video about Leaks in Halo, and commented on how the only Infinite leak I thought was legit was the grapple hook because of the internal 343 build footage that was in that "We Are 343" video. Soooooo many people called it fake, disliked the video, and fucked off. it has over 37,000 views though, so I'll take what I can get I suppose.

But I was fucking right.
Happens all the time with leaks. It's part of the fun. The Tom Morello original Reach leak was a ton of fun, plenty of folks in disbelief coming from Halo 3. Though that leaker wasn't particularly bright. Dude was ID'd within an hour.

Last edited:

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you 343 for remaining absolutely silent leading up to this game's reveal. It's only 1 day away and I can hardly handle the hype from that photo!

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no my ignore list just got a new (old) addition.

Hint: They love motion sensor.

Nov 7, 2019
We have been in the podcast game for almost a year, but on the eve of Halo Infinite's reveal we're getting into Youtube.

Would love any and all feedback, good or bad. Keep it Sacred 🤙🏻

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Jfc. Was doing the maw around the cryo tube area, the bit with the glass tunnel suspended above the room. Trying to fight a bunch of dudes and I must have accidentally activated the terminal at least 10 times. Unbelievably frustrating. Turned it off.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Halo Infinite should be the grand return of equipment

Add grapple, sprint, bubble shield, etc. as equipment that you fight over on the map

That's my ted talk

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted a boss fight here I was so fucking mad.

I think they just dont know how to do a boss fights honestly

its hard in an FPS like Halo where there all of the enemies have a familar damage threshold, to then have a boss character who is the same species, size, etc etc of the main enemies but somehow take way more damage.

hence Destiny health bars, bigger models, blah blah.

But if a 2x height Brute showed up, it just wouldnt track the logic of the established universe

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they just dont know how to do a boss fights honestly

its hard in an FPS like Halo where there all of the enemies have a familar damage threshold, to then have a boss character who is the same species, size, etc etc of the main enemies but somehow take way more damage.

hence Destiny health bars, bigger models, blah blah.

But if a 2x height Brute showed up, it just wouldnt track the logic of the established universe

I think the issue was some hit reg/feedback and repetitive design but Warden Eternal and to almost a better extent, the Halo 5 Knights, are good boss like characters. Someone that I can't just plasma pistol/BR. I need to wittle defenses and hit crit points. Dodge various move sets. Attack them from a different angle.

Gravemind would have been much better than the nonsense that was guilty spark. Shoot tentacles to make them go away. Dodge them and flood mobs.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue was some hit reg/feedback and repetitive design but Warden Eternal and to almost a better extent, the Halo 5 Knights, are good boss like characters. Someone that I can't just plasma pistol/BR. I need to wittle defenses and hit crit points. Dodge various move sets. Attack them from a different angle.

tawp, i completely forgot about H5

you are absolutely right, yeah Warzone has believable and pretty fun bosses.

I would adjust my previous take to say (before H5, that was true)

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Are we really going to make it to 9 AM tomorrow without a barn leak or shaky cam footage? Impressive.