• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Next week we finish the fight.

I have next week off anyways.

270666214-tumblr_meovcpTK3X1rj37xdo1_500.gif

Dec 21, 2017
Oh right, Ragnarok is what it's called in Halo 4. I've never gotten Valhalla 4v4 in Halo 3, it's a bizarre map to put in the playlist; Last Resort on the other hand works fine 4v4 imo. Sandoff is ok 4v4, but is more of a 6v6 map. Starting to get actual 4v4 maps now and it's at least playable now.

Legendary Slayer is alright, bullet magnetism makes it easy mode though
I never want to see Zanzibar, Last Resort, or Stonetown in 4v4 slayer again. So happy they dropped it for forge maps in H2A.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
343 person on /r/Halo said that we're likely to be getting m/kb support in the MCC on xbox soon so that's exciting.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with my MCC for PC.

Yesterday, I was banned for a single minute. Now when I matchmake I am stuck just looking for players (Halo 2, 8v8). Am i shadowbanned? What is going on.

Edit: So Halo Reach works... But i wanted to play Halo 2. I cant seem to find a single Halo 2 game

Oct 17, 2018
I just hope the PC version of Infinite doesn't have as much aim assist for controllers. I really feel as if the massive aim assist for controllers will continue to make it so Halo will never be able to take off on PC.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope the PC version of Infinite doesn't have as much aim assist for controllers. I really feel as if the massive aim assist for controllers will continue to make it so Halo will never be able to take off on PC.
It still needs to be viable on console. Apex for instance has a lot of top PC players playing on controllers. But generally the way it seems to go with these games is average controller player will be better than average PC player. But a good PC player will be better than a good controller player.

Oct 17, 2018
But generally the way it seems to go with these games is average controller player will be better than average PC player. But a good PC player will be better than a good controller player.
This is true for a lot of games, yes, but imo it isn't true for Halo with the exception of the sniper. Snipers are way better for PC players I think but BRs and stuff just completely dominate on controller. Like Summit is a decent mouse user and he gets dicked by controller players a lot of the time.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What is going on with my MCC for PC.

Yesterday, I was banned for a single minute. Now when I matchmake I am stuck just looking for players (Halo 2, 8v8). Am i shadowbanned? What is going on.

Edit: So Halo Reach works... But i wanted to play Halo 2. I cant seem to find a single Halo 2 game

Hardly any of my BTB games are H2. The vast majority are Reach followed by H2A then H2 and CE last. It's probably the algorithm combined with what players que up for.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
I'm already half way right. :)

Don't forget Bungie fired him, maybe he is just difficult to work with dredges up drama.

Bungie wrongly dismissed him and he won the legal case against them, which is why he got his stock and money back.

Watch the video. On the question about Bungie splitting up with Activision, he touches on why he was fired. It was for being right all along about Activision. Bungie's board of directors (which he was part of) turned their backs on the principles and terms they'd agree on when dealing with Activision. When he was outvoted, they ousted him.

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie wrongly dismissed him and he won the legal case against them, which is why he got his stock and money back.

Watch the video. On the question about Bungie splitting up with Activision, he touches on why he was fired. It was for being right all along about Activision. Bungie's board of directors (which he was part of) turned their backs on the principles and terms they'd agree on when dealing with Activision. When he was outvoted, they ousted him.

I mean, that doesn't mean he wasn't difficult to work with. Being wrongly fire and right about Activision doesn't make you less of a dick.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. The procedures around his termination were wrong, which is why he got the money, but that doesn't have much to do with their core motivation.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, that doesn't mean he wasn't difficult to work with. Being wrongly fire and right about Activision doesn't make you less of a dick.

Seems weird to me that it took them over 15 years to figure out that he was difficult to work with. I don't think the reason he was fired is as simple as that.

Someone should interview other former Bungie senior ppl like Harold Ryan to find out more about what happened.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems weird to me that it took them over 15 years to figure out that he was difficult to work with. I don't think the reason he was fired is as simple as that.

Someone should interview other former Bungie senior ppl like Harold Ryan to find out more about what happened.

I don't think he was fired because he was difficult to work with. I do believe it's likely there are people at Microsoft who don't want to work with him, hence why they didn't involve him in the music for later games.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think he was fired because he was difficult to work with. I do believe it's likely there are people at Microsoft who don't want to work with him, hence why they didn't involve him in the music for later games.

Sure. I can understand that there might be ppl at Microsoft who don't want to work with Marty. But those ppl telling the composers and audio guys (who Marty knows well and is friends with) that they can't even contact him to get the information they need to remaster the music seems a little extreme.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
found out the zanzibar achievement works on halloween, xmas and new years day but not sure about the valhalla one

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Sure. I can understand that there might be ppl at Microsoft who don't want to work with Marty. But those ppl telling the composers and audio guys (who Marty knows well and is friends with) that they can't even contact him to get the information they need to remaster the music seems a little extreme.
For all we know if they reached out something in a contract would trigger and they'd have to pay him. Could be as simple as that.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
It would be funny if the boxes the flew out of the Pelican during the Discover Hope trailer had a render of the Series X and no one noticed it was actually revealed last E3.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The quitting in MCC is so bad, I really never seen a game this bad before. BTB is the worst, bigger maps with less players and higher scores.

If the penalty is too lenient, players don't care. If it's too strict then they simply just go play something else.

So instead of focusing on the quitters they should reward players that stay. Like you get an XP boost streak for not quitting or you get a XP. Like every ten games you don't quit the bonus it gets higher or something.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The quitting in MCC is so bad, I really never seen a game this bad before. BTB is the worst, bigger maps with less players and higher scores.

If the penalty is too lenient, players don't care. If it's too strict then they simply just go play something else.

So instead of focusing on the quitters they should reward players that stay. Like you get an XP boost streak for not quitting or you get a XP. Like every ten games you don't quit the bonus it gets higher or something.
Wrong.
The penalty is too severe. I see far more AFKing than quitting. Because quitting knocks you out of commission loner than AFKing

The issue is there is no vote to quit. It is not fun to just get steamrolled by a pre-made BTB team that knows how to pay. If you can vote to forfeit you get the W and move on instead of trying to hunt down everyone for 15 minutes.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's not severe at all:

Current ban ladder for MCC

Currently, bans are calculated and based off your actions within in the last 3 hours.
  • First quit: 1 minute ban
  • Second quit: 3 minute ban
  • Third quit: 5 minute ban
  • Fourth quit: 10 minute ban
  • Additional quits: 10 minute ban

The current system of being able to quit without a penalty when half your team leaves is fine, however, that only really works for 4v4. In 8v8 you have to wait for at least four of your teammates to quit. AFK would be easy to solve, just have it kick and ban players if they aren't active within a certain period of time. As for botting, just have a report function. Adding a vote function would also be good.

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not severe at all:

Current ban ladder for MCC

Currently, bans are calculated and based off your actions within in the last 3 hours.
  • First quit: 1 minute ban
  • Second quit: 3 minute ban
  • Third quit: 5 minute ban
  • Fourth quit: 10 minute ban
  • Additional quits: 10 minute ban

The current system of being able to quit without a penalty when half your team leaves is fine, however, that only really works for 4v4. In 8v8 you have to wait for at least four of your teammates to quit. AFK would be easy to solve, just have it kick and ban players if they aren't active within a certain period of time. As for botting, just have a report function. Adding a vote function would also be good.
I am just very opposed to a time ban on quitting when we still have lame duck rounds and no way to forfeit. I also don't know if that is accurate (unless they changed it) because last time I quit it was like auto 10 minutes.

But, you can potentially borrow Halo 3's EXP system.

A win is a point. A loss is nothing. I believe ties were a point.

A quit is a negative point.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I am just very opposed to a time ban on quitting when we still have lame duck rounds and no way to forfeit. I also don't know if that is accurate (unless they changed it) because last time I quit it was like auto 10 minutes.

But, you can potentially borrow Halo 3's EXP system.

A win is a point. A loss is nothing. I believe ties were a point.

A quit is a negative point.

I'm not a habitual quitter, but I quit my fair share of games, I literally just quit out of a game yesterday. I've never been ban for more than a minute.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i used to have so much halo honor - i was the guy that would never quit a match. 1v4? bring it. no longer though.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
weird issue in h5 i'm having - off spawn (and only seemingly affecting off spawn) my spartan walks in slow motion for second or two. probably a dying controller issue, i guess i should try to change to outer deadzone to see if that fixes it?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
i used to have so much halo honor - i was the guy that would never quit a match. 1v4? bring it. no longer though.

I won't stick around for a 1v4, lol. I don't want to waste players' time. I'll stick around if it's close and there is a good chance we can win. However, for the most part I leave the second it's safe to quit without penalty.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I won't stick around for a 1v4, lol. I don't want to waste players' time. I'll stick around if it's close and there is a good chance we can win. However, for the most part I leave the second it's safe to quit without penalty.

i'll still stick it out if i feel i can make it interesting by trading out kills. i just wont hide in a corner or take a whalloping till the match ends like i used to

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I never quit matches. Even if I'm the last person, I enjoy making a game out of hiding, picking stragglers off, and pushing the game to the time limit.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
weird issue in h5 i'm having - off spawn (and only seemingly affecting off spawn) my spartan walks in slow motion for second or two. probably a dying controller issue, i guess i should try to change to outer deadzone to see if that fixes it?

not the best clip probbaly, but those familiar with h5's movement speed should pick this up. wtf? as soon as i stop briefly and resume i got full movement speed, but prior to that it was slooooooow. related/unrelated? i've also had a lot more issues lately with sprinting immediately off spawn. i dunno.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually really, really cool. Hope this sort of content continues with Infinite:

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
Just finished Sacred Icon mission in Halo 2. This is what I hated in Halo 1. Boring repetitive level. Hopefully, this wont drag for too long like Halo 1 did towards the end.