• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Why is everything broken in MCC Pc? The Hornet in H2A is completely ridiculous with M+K.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I prefer ez hitscan guns over the random lottery BR in Halo 3, but that's just me

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I ain't shitting on projectile systems, CE is best Halo after all, but I'd still rather play nearly all of them over 3 just because of how poorly that game did it

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bring back hayabusa katana armor.

Doesn't have to be some weird ninja sword shit.

I just want armor to not be unlocked by battle passes or credits or whatever. It would be cool if there were some way to show off achievements.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Is there a new ARG starting up or something? I randomly watched one of the ONI Archive lore drop videos on the Halo channel, one that just went up a day ago, and it had some recorded conversation tacked on at the end that felt very ARG-y.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
If you add armor effects like Grunt Birthday Party, then please have a client side toggle for it. I feel like this is how they should have treated the victory poses/animations in Halo 5, as well, instead of removing them completely. Seems like an easy way to please both parties, but I have no clue about how easy or difficult it actually is.

Having a toggle for assassinations was neat.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a new ARG starting up or something? I randomly watched one of the ONI Archive lore drop videos on the Halo channel, one that just went up a day ago, and it had some recorded conversation tacked on at the end that felt very ARG-y.

I don't think it's started yet. Saw a video where somebody did their level best to reduce the noise on the other side of the convo at the end and it was pretty much still totally muddled. Figure if they're doing one it'll probably kick into gear in June. Pure guess on my part tho.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Reach BTB has some of the worst players. Everyone just crouch walking and using active camo. 🤢

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I do but water tech is so ubiquitously good in terms of fidelity now that I've moved on to caring more about it's purpose and integration than its technical execution - in fact I was just admiring what a great job Ghosts of Tsushima has done making it part of the gameplay and the aesthetics of exploration- which is super important - the way it suggests geology, or entices you into a new area - or presents a boundary or obstacle- or navigation guide.

Your reptile brain responds viscerally and strongly to water - or signs of it -so there's art and science to taking advantage of that to help players understand an environment or navigate by landmarks and their relationship to bodies of water.

we're past the point where a clever palette swap or sprite animation gives the "sense" of water and onto the point of what it means and how to use it.

one sci fi specific challenge/opportunity is that artificial worlds, alien planets and so on - don't necessarily have to adhere to Earth geology and physics- but a Halo array is also carefully terraformed to be comfortable and attractive to humanoid bipeds from 1g worlds.

we can have our cake and eat it!
i love what you just said. :)

can we expect mister chief to return for any videos like he did in 5?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i love what you just said. :)

can we expect mister chief to return for any videos like he did in 5?

If Microsoft meets my financial demands for Mister Chief then I will consider it, but until that time he's locked away in the vault of utmost quality.

Alternatively, I would consider creating a whole Mister Chief concept album for Martin Shkreli or the guy who bought the shredded Bansky.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Anybody here in Canada use Telus as their ISP? What's your online experience like with MCC PC? It's been a huge crapshoot for me, some matches I get are perfectly fine, others are horrendous and boot me out mid game for connection issues (or before the match starts in the case of Reach). H2C it'll often load me into matches with horrendous lag before booting me out. I submitted a support ticket about my connection issues and they basically told me that my Nat type needs to be open, but Telus won't let you adjust your Nat type and won't give you a public IP.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
If Microsoft meets my financial demands for Mister Chief then I will consider it, but until that time he's locked away in the vault of utmost quality.

Alternatively, I would consider creating a whole Mister Chief concept album for Martin Shkreli or the guy who bought the shredded Bansky.
Should totally do something in relation to Banksy

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
I had to do a HDD format of two PCs and while doing the backup of important files I found this it's from the old days of HaloGAF good times indeed
3vGudqh_d.webp

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
343i really can't afford to mess up the Halo 3 launch on PC. Hope they iron everything out before release, maybe have multiple or extended flights. If there's a real hit registration problem that needs to be addressed, although if it's a result of 60 FPS there may be nothing they can do about it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Man I'm having a lot of fun with these games on PC having never played much except with friends, but I blow so hard. I just can't seem to get a hang of positioning. Also, I need to stop picking up Needlers.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
343i really can't afford to mess up the Halo 3 launch on PC. Hope they iron everything out before release, maybe have multiple or extended flights. If there's a real hit registration problem that needs to be addressed, although if it's a result of 60 FPS there may be nothing they can do about it.
I think they need to change how they do their flighting. The bugs that impacted H2C and H3 for the last week surfaced after the last flight. (To say nothing of the major problems that H3 has had with performance on Xbox that they introduced in the March update.) They should have flighted the build that they were considering for release, too.

I don't think they're gonna fix the H3 hit registration, though. Blood shots have been a known issue for years and they haven't done anything to address it. The last update they provided was a year and a half ago, when they said it's a client side issue.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i played a ctf match last night where the entire other team literally sat in their base, camping their flag. and since 1-2 players were consistently camping our own flag it made for a torturous experience going (at best!) 2 v 4 on the offense. thankfully (?) my internet shit the bed half way through the match. unfortunately we were still, somehow, poised to win 1-0.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
So as a note, after fighting with Halo2 co-op's refusal to stay connected on some levels on PC for a while, I've found what seems to be the core issue and a work around for now (already reported to support, let's see what happens).
If you find yourself getting consistently disconnected (game will appear to stall first) after particular cutscenes (notably Outskirts, seems others also have the problem, not sure on a pattern yet), play with the original graphics, don't even swap in level.

Seems both players have to, something about the remastered graphics does something very weird to co-op's ability to stay connected. Which even with all my experience with these sorts of multiplayer systems I couldn't even give a guess as to why.
Maybe it's desyncing then aborting? Not sure why they don't say that if so. Though then that would also raise further questions. Oh well, hopes this helps someone else.

Edit: You know the more I think about this, the more I'm inclined to believe it is somehow an unmarked desync due to the new renderer altering the playsim somehow. If their interpolator was messing with projectiles in competitive, maybe something like that could be going on here. Though why only the Saber renderer and why only specific levels/cutscenes... That sure would be a weird thing to slip by.

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Why do I have a 25 GB update for the MCC?

With my current install setup the entire game is only 36 GB!

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I just played a few H2A BTB games, and I don't know if its a bug or what but like every 5-8 seconds the picking up ammo sound effect plays and its SO ANNOYING. Constantly through both entire games. Wasn't present the other day when I played.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Is it still Season 1? Weren't supposed to have a new season for each game being release?

Not complaining, I'm still like level 20 on the current season, but I'm curious.

They have always been iffy on seasons and they never gave a timeline. I don't see how they could do a season with each game being released. There isn't enough content. It worked with Reach because it had a ridiculous amount of customization. Unless they just make a ton of new nameplates and emblems there isn't much they could add.