• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Lol what in the world, I ranked Platinum 3 in the Summer slayer season. That's like the highest rank I've ever got, amd I won only half of the games. Did they just axe bronze and silver ranks and bump everyone up?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Just release HUNT THE TRUTH SEASON 2. that will fill in "some" gaps between halo 5 ending and the beginning of Halo infinity, and we all will be SATISFIED like after eating steak. good, filling, delicious steak.

you hear me Stinkles !!!!! YOU HEAR MEEEEE??? LOL

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Everybody be losing their minds over Halo 3 helmet but my one true love will always be Mk V.

Bk4OcaSl.jpg
I love the original CE Mk V, but I also think it's a helmet design that translates very poorly to higher-fidelity visuals.

Oct 26, 2017
Just release HUNT THE TRUTH SEASON 2. that will fill in "some" gaps between halo 5 ending and the beginning of Halo infinity, and we all will be SATISFIED like after eating steak. good, filling, delicious steak.

you hear me Stinkles !!!!! YOU HEAR MEEEEE??? LOL
I thInk you mean season 3?

Anyway, they are releasing a novel focusing on Buck after the events of 5, so we have that coming down the pipe at least.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the original CE Mk V, but I also think it's a helmet design that translates very poorly to higher-fidelity visuals.
It gets kinda weird. It works in Halo 3, but in Reach it turned weird. Of course, this is partially because Bungie revised the design, but i can't help but wonder if they tried more faithful version and it didn't work?

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody be losing their minds over Halo 3 helmet but my one true love will always be Mk V.

Bk4OcaSl.jpg
funk, vital is now our best friend.

welcome to the club my dude, funk and I have been campaigning for Mk V for 7 years? our entire lives

yes ryo, yes dude

I mean... it looks pretttttty good in that image we both quoted

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish the next armor was Mjolnir Mark VII. I don't mind if it looks like older types, just wish the tech was called mk VII. Mjolnir GEN2 doesn't have the same ring to it.

EDIT Yes, i'm aware there's Mark VII in canon already. But we've only seen one suit so whatever. No reason we can't have more.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Reach added those stupid large shoulder pads. And merged the upper flap things in the middle.
I agree that the shoulder pads look stupid, but I'm not talking about them.

The helmet unibrow does look weird from some angles, and I'd probably prefer the separation be more pronounced. But even with it in full force, I think the reduced weirdness of the chin more than makes up for it compared to most renditions.
And I'm also not really talking about how directly new designs copy the original. Part of the problem with renditions of the Mk V is that perfectly-precise high-fidelity copies of it look weird. The exact details of the design have to be tweaked somewhat in order for it to end up feeling similar to the original, which is why it's a tricky problem.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Brad Sams is implying 343i have something else in the works, and I'm inferring from his limited comments (supposedly he's doing a blog-post tomorrow with more insight) that he believes:

1) That 343i have split Singleplayer and Campaign (Halo Infinite being the campaign); and

2) Halo Infinite is a lonnnggg way off (Next-gen for sure)

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
yes good thing the hexagons, honeycomb texture is gone.

i know it should be a given, but watching it again and seeing the marines in the backseat of the warthog .. i hope its fps and not tps lol

Detective

Oct 27, 2017

I love the new Art style.
Thank god that honey whatever is gone from the visor.

Last edited:

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a great feeling about Halo Infinite.
The art style that Sparth and the team came up with is gorgeous, and the engine is incredibly impressive.
I love that 343i will be performing early flights to allow the community to help shape the game.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
*angry salt noises* <- capitalize that.

I would rather have a Halo Battle Royale.

Maybe Halo just isn't for me anymore. 343have literally killed my interest in my favorite sci-fi series.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe Halo just isn't for me anymore. 343have literally killed my interest in my favorite sci-fi series.
I mean, all we saw an engine demo so you might be right? I mean no disrespect by that btw, the series might just not be your cup of tea anymore

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, all we saw an engine demo so you might be right? I mean no disrespect by that btw, the series might just not be your cup of tea anymore
And I know 343 wasn't the start of this. I know bungie started it. But 343 continued what they were doing.

They took the focus off of chief. Added game play trends for the sake of change, and they haven't released a Halo game that was a hit like Halo CE or had the popularity of Halo 3.

And the whole MCC thing. Ugh

Im gonna get ignored or shit on for being negative, but fuck it.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
And I know 343 wasn't the start of this. I know bungie started it. But 343 continued what they were doing.

They took the focus off of chief. Added game play trends for the sake of change, and they haven't released a Halo game that was a hit like Halo CE or had the popularity of Halo 3.

And the whole MCC thing. Ugh

Im gonna get ignored or shit on for being negative, but fuck it.

You'll be back. Just take a break from thinking about Halo. It'll do you good. Not trying to get rid of you either, but I did the same thing and it helped.

KnightHero117

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer was really good. I love how they're going back to the classic look but I'm slightly disappointed cause I was expecting a gameplay demo LUL

Anyway, I'm also glad its a year away cause that means they're taking their sweet time to get it right.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
New art style, again... Pls 343, what are you doing?

Btw, where is MCC update info?

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand its nice to go back to OG chief

On the other I have gotten so used to the new style this is odd.

The S4's have all looked garbage but the II's have looked solid under 343

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

But..... they didn't show anything except show a more classic Chief and we heard some familiar music. Didn't you want that?

What could have possibly elicited this reaction, the rumors of it being open world?

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Well, hello everyone. I finally got an account that wasn't SLAENT. Feels good to be back.

Since I'm sure we've discussed the trailer ad nauseum and how gorgeous it looks/sounds I'll just say I was REALLY hoping the strings would swell into Impart/Impend from Halo 2. They hit the two chords of that song in succession right at :53-1:00 and I IMMEDIATELY got goosebumps. But then it hits some major chord right after and I was so disappointed. It feels like such a tease. But I guess that song wouldn't have fit tonally.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
But..... they didn't show anything except show a more classic Chief and we heard some familiar music. Didn't you want that?

What could have possibly elicited this reaction, the rumors of it being open world?
It's Rag.

I don't think there is a single thing they could have announced which wouldn't have got him salty in some way.

Edit: All this Halo hype has got to me, I'm gunna replay the entire series in order. Also, Stinkles, what's a guy got to do to get an MCC flight invite around here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.