• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
So I haven't been following buzz - is there for sure evidence there will be a new Halo, and any commentary or credible influence on what it may or may not be?
Some vague statements and talk of something called "Halo Infinity" existing, with no details beyond the name.

That's about it unless I missed something. Whatever's going on at 343i, it's well under wraps. No barns yet.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, IIRC it depended on the map and whether you had "Custom" or "Generic" weapons. I think Hang 'em High always had pistol starts, while some maps you could spawn with an AR or PP. I seem to recall in LAN parties we typically had AR starts on for smaller maps if the map supported them, because constant pistol duels was not something I experienced.
Yeah it depended on map, but they never gave a secondary weapon unfortunately.

Still, back to the radar thing, I was puzzled why Halo CE in the MCC didn't have the motion tracker on in matchmaking. Having been accustomed to having a radar in Halo for the previous 13 years, it was more than a bit off-putting. I've always found it difficult to function without a radar in Halo, and it's way too easy to sneak up on people. In fact, I've always felt that the radar adds more tactical depth to the game. I suppose people were influenced by MLG to think having no radar was the "pro" thing, and maybe the more vocal members of the community insisted that no-radar Slayer was the "correct" way to play CE, but I never liked MLG gametypes because of the lack of radar (though I can put up with SWAT in small doses because the matches are short and the individual fights quick). I've always preferred standard Slayer with the radar on. Incidentally, the shortened range of the tracker in Halo 5 has been one of my biggest complaints about the game, especially considering the faster-paced gameplay.
I think maybe they just figure the people who would be most interested in CE are the hardcore fans, and they play without radar so it made sense.

As far as the MLG thing, I think no radar in classic Halo allows for more creativity in approaches and empowers solo players by not having your every move dictated by a radar. It's good for competitive play, but even better for casual play imo. It takes some getting used to especially if you're used to having it enabled, but over time I think the gameplay implications will be more apparent as your combat awareness, teamwork and general skill increases. I've noticed over the years how much focus people put on 2% screen estate that the radar takes up, and that can limit their progression.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Well, IIRC it depended on the map and whether you had "Custom" or "Generic" weapons. I think Hang 'em High always had pistol starts, while some maps you could spawn with an AR or PP. I seem to recall in LAN parties we typically had AR starts on for smaller maps if the map supported them, because constant pistol duels was not something I experienced.

Still, back to the radar thing, I was puzzled why Halo CE in the MCC didn't have the motion tracker on in matchmaking. Having been accustomed to having a radar in Halo for the previous 13 years, it was more than a bit off-putting. I've always found it difficult to function without a radar in Halo, and it's way too easy to sneak up on people. In fact, I've always felt that the radar adds more tactical depth to the game. I suppose people were influenced by MLG to think having no radar was the "pro" thing, and maybe the more vocal members of the community insisted that no-radar Slayer was the "correct" way to play CE, but I never liked MLG gametypes because of the lack of radar (though I can put up with SWAT in small doses because the matches are short and the individual fights quick). I've always preferred standard Slayer with the radar on. Incidentally, the shortened range of the tracker in Halo 5 has been one of my biggest complaints about the game, especially considering the faster-paced gameplay.

i grew accustomed to radar over the last 17 years too. it definately doesnt add depth though... it just rewards players who camp in corners and trains players to rely on unearned info rather than their senses.

its difficult to function without radar when you are used to having it as a crutch, but after a short learning curve, you'll become so much better at the game because you'll learn nuances that you previously ignored because you were so focused on the corner of your screen.

What would make people want to be involved with Halo esports again though?

empower the individual: 1) powerful utility weapon with a low min ttk but a high avg ttk 2) no abilities with guns down or cool downs [this weakens the individual in 1 v X scenarios] 3) less assists on powerweapons

grassroots: 1)LAN support 2) windows store and regional tourneys for pro points

progression: provide better incentives for playing in the competive playlist. give seasonal req pack reward at the end of the season, based on where you finished- not for simply completing placement matches.

online: gamebattles integration. view live tourneys and VODs from inside the game.

Last edited:

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The Henery

Nov 3, 2017
Can't wait to orbital drop onto a map with 100 players b o y s

Unironically this

Seriously though, they might as well dump out a free to play ODST Royale to tide us over until H6 in 2019. Shitload of aesthetic micro transactions. Could have classic map structures like The Pit as prime loot locations. Or imagine having New Mombassa as a Pochinki type area. What has happened to me, I want to see this.

Deleted member 2945

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people are so opposed to Battle Royale - it's a ruleset. Don't woz, Team Slayer is gonna hang about init.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people are so opposed to Battle Royale - it's a ruleset. Don't woz, Team Slayer is gonna hang about init.

I just can't imagine it'll be all that interesting . Especially if it's 1v100. I just envision a lot of cherry picking and camping- because who's gonna dual out in the open when you have one life? I just feel like the bread and butter of Halo's combat, the 1v1, will be a rarity.

I can imagine some squad concept that would be pretty cool- but I'd really rather them just focus on getting regular halo right.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
My god the boltshot is so fucking stupid. So stupid.. who did this?

Guys, what if Halo Infinity is Halo The Master Chief Collection?

like a relaunch that includes everything between CE and H5 (w/ intelligent delivery to mitigate the filesize issue). that would be petty cool.

Last edited:

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i want those bolt gernades again - where you threw them against a surface, they sticked, then after a second they blew up shooting needles. i had fun with those and people who chased :P

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
It's honestly not that bad.

The population is pretty low so don't expect to get matches immediately but I get matches in Team Slayer pretty quickly.

The bigger technical issues with the game are trying to play the game in parties, it's mostly playable in solo.

I booted the game up and was able to join my first match rather quickly. I was not able to find my second match so that is when I came and posted that message. Something was wrong with my connection though, I ended up having to go offline and restart my console and then bring it back online. I think there was some sort of data sync issue. Anyways, I've been playing all morning with no problems. I forgot how much I love Halo, this entire morning has been pure nostalgia.

I have not played Halo 5 multiplayer, but judging from the competitive leagues it seems that the BR no longer has any presence in the game. I also do not like clambering and sprint. I know its a long shot, but I really hope Halo 6 brings the series back to its roots with more basic game play mechanics and also a greater BR presence.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I booted the game up and was able to join my first match rather quickly. I was not able to find my second match so that is when I came and posted that message. Something was wrong with my connection though, I ended up having to go offline and restart my console and then bring it back online. I think there was some sort of data sync issue. Anyways, I've been playing all morning with no problems. I forgot how much I love Halo, this entire morning has been pure nostalgia.

I have not played Halo 5 multiplayer, but judging from the competitive leagues it seems that the BR no longer has any presence in the game. I also do not like clambering and sprint. I know its a long shot, but I really hope Halo 6 brings the series back to its roots with more basic game play mechanics and also a greater BR presence.

BR has a presence... but they did an weapons tuning update a while back that nerfed the BR and added spread, making it less viable than the magnum.

Oct 25, 2017

you sweet summer child

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017

Sometimes hard resetting the xbox helps (holding down the power button) if you run into connection issues.

Not having the BR as a focus seems a little weird on the surface after 2-3-4 but having a really solid single-shot weapon is pretty great once you get used to it. As Trup1aya mentioned, the BR has been nerfed anyway, so it's not even terribly useful as a pick-up.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The H5 magnum is a far more satisfying and fun weapon to use than the BR ever was.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Decided to pop in Halo and do some ranked Slayer to het hyped for Halo 6 reveal tonight.

Haven't played in a good while. First game I get totally wrecked, like, 2/14 bad. I the post game screen I find out that I was matched against Onyx and Diamond 6s (my best ever has been Plat 3ish, but I am more a high gold guy).

I like 343s confidence in me.

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
They made a small post on waypoint. Its still gonna be a bit.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins

The Slipspace Engine demo shown at the E3 2018 briefing is the culmination of years of work and is infused with the passion of hundreds of people here at 343 Industries. When we started this project, the team's vision for the game was ambitious – so much so that we knew we had to build new tech to fully realize our goals for Halo Infinite. The E3 demo showcases some of the exciting potential of this technology – everything you see is running in-engine. We still have a long way to go until we ship the game, so things will certainly evolve between now and the release of Halo Infinite, though the engine demo is a clear indication of the direction we are heading with our next game and a great snapshot of where our tech is right now.

But there will be flighting similar to MCC.

In the future, you will be able to join early flighting programs that will let members of the community play the game with us, and give direct feedback, much like the current Insider flighting program for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It will take some time for us to be ready to kick those flighting events off, but when we do they will start small and grow along the way.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
The style wasn't super angry! My eyes were not gashed by edge!

If it's representative of the game's style and direction, this could be a significant turn in the right direction!

Deleted member 2563

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.